PDA

View Full Version : Tonight I dreamed of...

Narya
July 18th, 2011, 05:20 AM
...this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5085&pictureid=108127http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5085&pictureid=108126

In the dream it wasn't I who was wearing it but a girl with amazing BSL curly thick hair, that's why I saw it. Hers was thicker and fuller, and amazed me so much that I actually remembered the hairstyle when I woke up! I think my brain is too fixated on hair lately :lol:

It would make a great ren faire hairstyle, it's surprisingly easy to do, and I think it could be done at way shorter lengths than mine and with varying thicknesses, so if anybody wants the instructions or more detailed pics (it's easy to see, but I don't mind explaining it if there's interest) just ask.

Alaia
July 18th, 2011, 05:36 AM
How. Cool. Is. That. :bigeyes:

That's two braids, crossed, then braided into two more braids?

Narya
July 18th, 2011, 05:49 AM
That's two braids, crossed, then braided into two more braids?

Exactly: crossed and going back to their own side, if you know what I mean. I wanted them to do that flat, but the right braid twisted on itself and it's not that easy to see. Then they are just used as the middle strand of two new braids, and that's it! It's really easy (though my shoulders were tired at the end :lol:)

Alaia
July 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Yeah cool that's what I thought.

I'm sure your arms were tired! It can't be that quick.

theodora
July 18th, 2011, 06:34 AM
This is amazing! I really want to try it, but my hair is much much shorter. It could still work though, if my layers behave themselves. I will report back!

Narya
July 18th, 2011, 07:07 AM
That'd be great, Theodora! I'd say it'll work, judging by your photos (but only you can know for sure how your hair behaves, of course!) and it surely will look amazing with your shine and color!

Lollipop
July 18th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Ooooh!!!! I am so going to try this!!! I'm thinking about finishing it with double buns or something because of the heat though. Thanks for the post, I've never thought about crossing braids over. This is a new weapon in my arsenal of updo creation :guns:.

P.S. You know you're a long hair when you come up with hairstyles in your dreams :eyebrows:

Cowgirl16
July 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Looks great. Yeah only a longhair :) :)

Narya
July 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I'd like to see your bun variation, Lollipop! In fact, in the end I decided to braid it (two braids + loose length into one) because of the heat and also because I'm so used to wearing it up now that when part of it is down I worry all the time!

And yup, that should be my inner long hair making me dream this, because I'd never have thought of this while awake, I'm sure! I'll have to keep my eyes open in my dreams from now on, maybe I come up with more! :lol:

skyblue
July 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Wow!! That is sooo cool!

LadyCelestina
July 18th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Ooh,it´s lovely! I must try it,thanks for sharing :)

QueenJoey
July 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Oooh! I think I'm gonna try that today!

Nae
July 18th, 2011, 08:43 PM
This post made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Only an LHCer would literally "dream up" one of the coolest hairstyles I have seen in ages.

You are awesome. Period.

IndigoAsh
July 18th, 2011, 08:50 PM
OMG I was so surprised when I opened up the link and saw such gorgeous braids! I shall make your dream my own! Thank that little girl for me if you see her again = D

Slinks
July 18th, 2011, 08:54 PM
That . Is . So . Awesome !!! :-)

monsterna
July 18th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Sigh. I can't even simply braid my hair due to the layers. Or I haven't figured out how to. This makes me sad because I've no idea how I'd even attempt anything else, haha. Nice. :)

trillcat
July 18th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I dreampt last night of an interesting encounter with Jason Bateman, there was no hair involved. lol.

whitestiletto
July 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Straight Edge Hair!

X - the symbol of the drug-free (http://subculturalstudiesam.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/xxx.jpg) punk movement.

I'm totally going to do this... next time I bother to wash my hair. Haha.

Seriously, AWESOME! I love that you dreamed this.

Narya
July 19th, 2011, 01:35 AM
This post made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Only an LHCer would literally "dream up" one of the coolest hairstyles I have seen in ages.

You are awesome. Period.

I'm glad I made you laugh that much, it's a good thing my dreams bring joy to others, also :D. I feel full LHCer now ;). And thank you very much.

Ooh,itīs lovely! I must try it,thanks for sharing :)

Oooh! I think I'm gonna try that today!

Straight Edge Hair!

X - the symbol of the drug-free (http://subculturalstudiesam.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/xxx.jpg) punk movement.

I'm totally going to do this... next time I bother to wash my hair. Haha.

Seriously, AWESOME! I love that you dreamed this.

Try it, try it! I want to see photos :) Also, whitestiletto, I didn't know about X being a symbol for punk drug-free movement :O Good to know that I did dream of something that can be interpreted in a positive way even if it wasn't originally intended to mean anything :)

OMG I was so surprised when I opened up the link and saw such gorgeous braids! I shall make your dream my own! Thank that little girl for me if you see her again = D
I will! She should get all the credit, but I did not ask her name or anything :lol: If you try it, I want to see!

That . Is . So . Awesome !!! :-)
Thank you very much :o

Sigh. I can't even simply braid my hair due to the layers. Or I haven't figured out how to. This makes me sad because I've no idea how I'd even attempt anything else, haha. Nice. :)
Patience is the key. I still have some layers that poke from the ends of my braids, and also make them taper so much... but they are long and do not bother me much apart from that. I'm sure someday you'll find how to tame the layers into braids.

I dreampt last night of an interesting encounter with Jason Bateman, there was no hair involved. lol.
It's a slow process, you will eventually get to the hair :lol:;)

IanB
July 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM
....Being 20 again when I first had long hair and deciding then never to give in to pressure and have it cut short!

hyettf16
July 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
:O ...Your hair is amazing.

elbow chic
July 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
That is fantastic!!

kahill
July 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
That is lovely! I will definitely try it when I do braid waves again, which will now be the next time I wash my hair! I've got pretty straight hair, so I don' think the style will look great on me unless I do some braid waves.

Thank you so much for sharing your dreamy style! ;)

Narya
July 19th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Thank you, hyettf16, elbow chic and kahill! I think it would look good on any kind of hair: I also thought that in mine it was going to look too thin, because the girl had my dream curls, super thick, but it turned out quite nice! Any way you try it, kahill, I'd love to see it :D

Othala
July 19th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Gosh, how beautiful!

scorpio_rising
July 19th, 2011, 04:43 PM
That? Is freaking awesome.

Narya
July 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Thank you very much, Othala and Scorpio Rising! Now I live waiting for my next "hair dream" :lol:

ETA: And if I've somehow forgotten to thank somebody, please forgive me, and thank you too!