PDA

View Full Version : Why use a microfiber towel?

mamachanse
June 24th, 2008, 09:14 PM
What is the main reason for the use of microfiber towels? Is it because your hair takes too long to dry otherwise? Is it gentle on the hair?

I'm just wondering if it is something I need to invest in because my thin hair dries very quickly here in the desert.

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom and experience.

missy60
June 24th, 2008, 09:27 PM
It does help your hair dry alot faster.

Phalaenopsis
June 25th, 2008, 01:08 AM
For me, it didn't help. The only plus is that it's lighter on your head when you wrap the towel around your hair.

Curlsgirl
June 25th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I thought it would be gentler on my hair but really I use a regular towel now because I only blot the drips out anyway and it's fine. If I scrunch a bit to get it a little drier I use it occasionally but mostly my "curlease towel".

ladystar
June 25th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I love it it drys my hair and my face a lot faster.

Stagecoach
June 25th, 2008, 08:01 PM
For me it's speed of drying. You see, I never have time to let my hair air dry, I usually have to put it up right after I wash it. And it's so long now that putting it up soppy wet makes it REALLY heavy. So if I twist it up in the microfiber towel for 20-30 minutes, then bun it, it works out much better!

EdG
June 25th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Another advantage of a microfiber towel is that it doesn't lint. Lint from regular towels causes tangles.

A microfiber towel has to be washed separately to remain lint-free. I'm too lazy to do this. :rolleyes:
Ed

Curlsgirl
June 25th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Another advantage of a microfiber towel is that it doesn't lint. Lint from regular towels causes tangles.

A microfiber towel has to be washed separately to remain lint-free. I'm too lazy to do this. :rolleyes:
Ed

(Um shamefully admits having a problem like this too :o )

Riot Crrl
June 26th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Do you think it is really less abrasive than terrycloth too?

(In case that came out sounding facetious or anything, it isn't. I don't have a mf towel and the question is sincere.)

EdG
June 26th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Do you think it is really less abrasive than terrycloth too?Definitely. I have a bunch of microfiber hand-towels, and their texture is more like a sponge than a cotton towel. Microfiber towels are not as good at cleaning because they are not abrasive enough. :)
Ed

nellen
June 30th, 2008, 04:49 AM
I've been afraid of buying a microfiber towel since I thought it would dry the hair a little too much and suck all the "good" moisture away. So the fact of the matter is not like this and I can buy and use a microfiber towel with a good conscience?

Chromis
June 30th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I've been afraid of buying a microfiber towel since I thought it would dry the hair a little too much and suck all the "good" moisture away. So the fact of the matter is not like this and I can buy and use a microfiber towel with a good conscience?

I've never had any such difficulties! My hair doesn't get fully dry with mine, just damp. Then I let it down to finish. I like this method because then I'm not dripping everywhere as much :)