PDA

View Full Version : I want to cosplay a long hair!

nantang
July 18th, 2011, 02:31 AM
So my brother and some friends are going to be going to Dragon*Con this year and we want to do a League of Legends cosplay group. I've been pondering which character would work best for me because my hair is now shoulder-blade length (I'm a guy but this would be closing in on BSL if i wore one HAHA) so cutting/shaving is COMPLETELY out of the question.

The easiest would be:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110401110841/leagueoflegends/images/d/d6/Lee_Sin_TraditionalSkin.jpg
because while mine is longer than his in the picture, it wouldn't make much of a difference.

But that's just too easy of a cosplay haha :D pants and some paint on the shoulders? cmon :p

So what I really had my eye on was this one:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L78zEKWCMII/TGXUcWhofpI/AAAAAAAAAZI/mus0yPDm6oE/s1600/XenZhao_Splash_2.jpg
Obviously though, his hair is way too long for me so I started considering a wig/extensions. However i have really thick hair and I don't think I could just cover it with a wig. Is there a way to do this or no? I don't wanna risk breaking with with loads of gel.
If a wig won't work, i'm fine working with expensions. There's a lot of guides out there so I don't think i'll be short on information but if anyone has any tips/suggestions or done this sorta thing before I'd love to hear.

ALSO.... I'm always interested in considering new cosplays as it's a growing hobby for me. However as my hair gets longer and longer and I don't want to cut it, my options get more specific/restricted. Do you have a have any suggestions of a book/movie/game/comic male character that has long hair (past shoulders)? I'd really like to know! :eek: Cause you know, one could write a book with the number of fiction heroines out there who have impossibly long perfect hair haha but what about the men, the dudes, the guys?

Hair is such a sexist thing :p

Lohari
July 18th, 2011, 03:00 AM
My hair is not thick as yours, but I managed to fit my hair under a wig by making about 4 or 6 little braids, wetting them and then pinning them around my head avoiding overlapping. Then put a wig cap (my diy wig cap was pantyhose with legs cut off XD) and try to smooth any bumps and then put a wig on top of that all. Pin the wig to your wigcap and you got a wig that won't slip off even if you were to stand on your head! Though my wig was a light and short one, so a long wig with a ponytail is obviously going to be heavier.

MissAlida
July 18th, 2011, 03:01 AM
The only things I could think of is : Samson, from the Bible, who is known for loosing his strenght after his long hair is cut; Obelix, from Asterix and Obelix, but he has red hair, so I don't know if that would be good enough; there is Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, or Legolas from the same movie, tough you might need a blonde wig for that...I'm sorry I can't think of anything more modern, and I'm not really sure this is what you're looking for, but I tought a reply can't do no harm. Good luck in finding your hero.:)

Night_Kitten
July 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Instead of a wig you could try doing a ponytail and adding extentions to the ponytail (then you could attach them to the base of the ponytail, probably easier than blending them in near the roots)
You could then tie / loop a black ribon or something similar around the base of the ponytail to hide the extention's "anchor" (couldn't think of a better word, sorry :) )

islandboo
July 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I think you would be able to create the second look by wrapping faux hair around the base of your pony and covering the base with dark cloth/ a big scrunchie. Try Puppycatmeow on etsy - I have heard she is good to work with.

MasCat
July 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Definetely - Add a faux ponytail that is longer than your own...

As for long haired charakcters - lots and lots of male anime chars have long hair :) Do you want to do books? (fantasy? sci-fi?) films? games?

MasCat
July 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Books:
Jacqueline Carey's the Kushiel series (all three of them) have wonderful longhaired characters of any hair colour :)
Lord of the Rings - lots of them again :)
Arthurian characters - well, you'd make a good Lancelot ;) or, even better - Mordred :>

Comic books:
oh, the x-men - why not Nightcrawler?
Witchblade - the oh-so-wonderful Ian Nottingham

and so on and so on :D

MissAlida
July 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
You could also consider Achilles and Paris, or other characters from greek mithologies...

nantang
July 20th, 2011, 01:50 PM
you could try doing a ponytail and adding extentions to the ponytail (then you could attach them to the base of the ponytail, probably easier than blending them in near the roots)

Yeah, I like this idea too.

Any ideas for achieving the "girth" the ponytail has? Thx.