PDA

View Full Version : I just had to share this. (Amazing hair length!)

sun-kissed
July 17th, 2011, 09:04 PM
<mod edit to remove link, sorry :)>
<("hair appreciation/collection channels" often feature videos of people without their approval, hence we try to stay away from supporting/linking to such channels)>

This little girl has the most beautiful hair I've ever. layed. eyes. on. :thud:
Someday, that hair will be mine. A really really really long time from now...

QueenJoey
July 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
WOW! How old is she?! If I had known my hair could get that long when I was younger, I never would've chopped it! (well, maybe I would, but it's a nice thought anyways) :)

October
July 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
That's probably how long my oldests hair would be at that age if I hadn't cut it. She had really long hair. I have a picture of her at just-barely-3 years old and her hair was waist length - after I had trimmed about 4 inches off. She's 4 now, but she begged and begged me to cut it to shoulder length earlier this year.

brielle87
July 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
That is beautiful hair. But it takes a lot of work and needs regular trims to avoid looking frazzled at the ends. I am always amazed when I see anyone with hair this long who just wears it down, I cannot imagine it does not get in their way.
My hair is down to my knees and I always wear it up. Even when I was a child I always wore it back, or else it would become tangled to eternity and take over an hour to comb out.
It is nice to see though, hopefully as she grows older she does not feel the need to cut it off as so many women do.

QueenJoey
July 17th, 2011, 09:37 PM
That is beautiful hair. But it takes a lot of work and needs regular trims to avoid looking frazzled at the ends. I am always amazed when I see anyone with hair this long who just wears it down, I cannot imagine it does not get in their way.
My hair is down to my knees and I always wear it up. Even when I was a child I always wore it back, or else it would become tangled to eternity and take over an hour to comb out.
It is nice to see though, hopefully as she grows older she does not feel the need to cut it off as so many women do.

I hope the same! I felt the need, but my hair has never been that pretty so it didn't matter. But my little sister always had the pretty hair. It typically was around hip, waist after trims. It sometimes even got past tailbone, and never got shorter than mid back. Then one day a few months ago, I walk downstairs to see my mother cutting it to shoulder (she had been getting bored of her long hair for some time.) She totally regrets it now, and tells me all she wants is to get back to waist, and that cutting it was an awful idea.

brielle87
July 17th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I hope the same! I felt the need, but my hair has never been that pretty so it didn't matter. But my little sister always had the pretty hair. It typically was around hip, waist after trims. It sometimes even got past tailbone, and never got shorter than mid back. Then one day a few months ago, I walk downstairs to see my mother cutting it to shoulder (she had been getting bored of her long hair for some time.) She totally regrets it now, and tells me all she wants is to get back to waist, and that cutting it was an awful idea.
It is so sad that so many people who have nice hair take it for granted and just "want a change" then cut all their hair off. Granted it does grow back, but not as quickly as a fingernail.
Trimming is always smart,even taking a few inches off is great, but the big cut to the shoulders. I have done it, not willingly (frenemy trim incident) and would not want to deal with it again.
Hope her hair grows quickly.

UltraBella
July 17th, 2011, 10:17 PM
It is so sad that so many people who have nice hair take it for granted and just "want a change" then cut all their hair off. Granted it does grow back, but not as quickly as a fingernail.
Trimming is always smart,even taking a few inches off is great, but the big cut to the shoulders. I have done it, not willingly (frenemy trim incident) and would not want to deal with it again.
Hope her hair grows quickly.

It's easy to assume people take it for granted, but many of us who chop our hair off have considered it quite seriously before doing so...... and absolutely love the results. There is nothing wrong with wanting a change and nice hair can be great at many lengths.

Madora
July 17th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks for sharing!

The little girl has fantastic hair, that's for sure...but something about the film just gets on my nerves, for some reason. She seems "coached" a lot on how to move her hair and at times seems very bored with the whole thing. One wonders if she truly enjoys having hair of that thickness and length. I hope so!

Melon Collie
July 17th, 2011, 10:45 PM
:thud: Such beautiful hair. I wonder if those were braid waves in her hair or if she has the same hair type I do.

This is just encouragement for me to grow my hair beyond waist length.

Isala
July 17th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I agree, Madora! She had such beautiful hair, but I hope she was getting enjoyment out of it. It's such a lot to take care of for a young girl.

mrs_coffee
July 18th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Wow, that is some amazing hair!

Slinks
July 18th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I agree with Madora too .. very "coached" as she says .. she seems to have no say in what she can do .. I do hope she enjoys having her hair .. it was nice but I didn't enjoy watching the clips, I watched a couple to see if I was correct in my suspicion ..

GRU
July 18th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I'm creeped out at the thought of putting my child "out there" for the pervs of the world... between the hair pervs and the child pervs, that's an awful lot of pervs looking at your kid, ya know? shudder:

Alaia
July 18th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Yes she has amazing hair. So much of it! I hope she has some say in how long it is and that she is the main driving force behind it.

But I don't think I would put my child on YouTube, in agreement with GRU.

EmiliaF
July 18th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks for sharing!

The little girl has fantastic hair, that's for sure...but something about the film just gets on my nerves, for some reason. She seems "coached" a lot on how to move her hair and at times seems very bored with the whole thing. One wonders if she truly enjoys having hair of that thickness and length. I hope so!

I was thinking the same thing. The girl doesn't look like she's enjoying it too much. She seems very insecure, like she doesn't know what to do or how to move and it's a little 'unnerving' to see her do stuff she was clearly asked to do. She's always looking to the camera-person for reassurance.
I don't have a problem with supporting your child if he/she likes to be in the spotlight, but she doesn't look like a stage-personality to me.

MasCat
July 18th, 2011, 07:48 AM
She's got beautiful hair.

As for the perv thing - anything can set of _someone_. Should we hide away and avoid everything just because of someone like that?

I think the girl feels special with her hair... And what will she do with it in the future? Only time can tell...

Alaia
July 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
As for the perv thing - anything can set of _someone_. Should we hide away and avoid everything just because of someone like that?

No, but putting a young child on the internet (probably not her choice) is not something I would do, especially on YouTube where there are NO privacy settings. :)

MasCat
July 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
You can set a movie to private on youtube.

Well... I would not put a film with my child (if I had one) on youtube, unless she wanted it. But that's just me.

vanity_acefake
July 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Wow. Her hair is beautiful.
I can only imagine my 8 year old daughter who is a Tomboy getting stuck to things if her hair was this long! She has waist length hair now and it seems to perminantly have grass, leaves and twigs stuck in it.
:)

And I would never put her on YouTube. I have an internal struggle putting a picture of her on Facebook and my account is so private.

beccababesx
July 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this... Her hair is stunning, yes, but long hair, especially hair that length, requires so much work and care and effort... I don't think it's really something to burden a little girl with. jmho of course :)

Arya
July 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for sharing!

That's exactly what I was thinking....I was also worried about the type of person who will enjoy this type of video on the internet...Do you really want strange people fixating on your young daughter for who knows what purpose?

sun-kissed
July 18th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Yes I totally agree with all of you saying she doesn't look like she exactly /likes/ her hair, [and she must have had it forever with how long it is!] She looks very sweet, and I do think that people shouldn't force their children to have such a responsibility as that, it should be the child's choice. It's just my mother wouldn't let me grow mine out when I was young, even though I dreamed about it day and night.
So even if it does look forced, I still think it is still so beautiful and healthy, and just an inspiration for me, because I've always wanted knee-length blonde hair.

slz
July 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I'm creeped out at the thought of putting my child "out there" for the pervs of the world... between the hair pervs and the child pervs, that's an awful lot of pervs looking at your kid, ya know? shudder:
My thoughts, exactly - what are these people thinking about ? Or maybe they don't care ??

anything can set of _someone_. Should we hide away and avoid everything just because of someone like that?
You as an adult ? Well do exactly what you please, in all knowledge, no problem with me. But involving a child ? No. Effing. Way.

I would not put a film with my child (if I had one) on youtube, unless she wanted it.
Even if she wanted it - do you think she is able to understand the full repercussions of it ? Or, would you want to explain them to her so that she might be able to take a fully informed decision ? In any case anyway : there is no such thing as an "informed decision" from a child, by definition. No responsability, etc.

longcurlygirl<3
July 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Her hair is beautiful, but curly hair with mine at that length ... :0! Plus I will miss my curls :(. That is what sucks when one is attached to their hair type, wavy, curly, and my curls would take forever to be that length! Beautiful though.

brielle87
July 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
It's easy to assume people take it for granted, but many of us who chop our hair off have considered it quite seriously before doing so...... and absolutely love the results. There is nothing wrong with wanting a change and nice hair can be great at many lengths.

Good for you. I was just posting (with quote) back to another member.
But I thought this site was devoted to those with/wanting long hair???
That was why I joined. Would have been silly of me to go to "short-hair lovers" and preach about the benefits of long hair.
But it is lovely being welcomed, thank you so much.

Now another post about the girl in the video. I did watch all of the ones posted to Youtube and she seems a little, well, not into the whole "my mother is seriously combing my hair" thing. But it will always make for a nice reminder for her, if she ever cuts it.

gthlvrmx
July 18th, 2011, 11:07 AM
That's beautiful hair!!! :D:D:D

Honestwitness
July 18th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I was getting grossed out by the way she kept dragging her hair in the dirt under the swing. Then I realized it must be the way she keeps it from getting so long she would step on it. The friction would "trim" the hair.

I would be willing to bet this family is promoting the long hair as a religious obligation. But I could be wrong.

Phiona
July 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Inspiring :)

Áine
July 18th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Some of those comments towards that girl in the videos... shudder:

Who calls a child "sexy" anyway? :mad:

SimplyDashing
July 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Some of those comments towards that girl in the videos... shudder:

Who calls a child "sexy" anyway? :mad:

It's disturbing. I even find child beauty contests very disturbing and wonder exactly what the parents could be thinking?!?:confused:

GoddessLocks
July 18th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Her hair is very inspiring, but I agree... I would never put my child on Youtube like that - too many pervs! And it did seem like they were coaching her on what to do. Hope she enjoys her hair

jojo
July 18th, 2011, 06:52 PM

this was what I thought. All hair fettish weirdos and paedophiles out there . The little girl undoubtedly has gorgeous hair, but precious memories like these should be put in a family album not put over the net, IMHO.

jojo
July 18th, 2011, 06:59 PM
She's got beautiful hair.

I think the girl feels special with her hair... And what will she do with it in the future? Only time can tell...

Do not agree a child does not have the capacity to understand the implications of her appearance on youtube. She is a minor and vulnerable, her mother is leaving her open to pervs and yes I would do anything within my power as a responsible parent to prevent anything which could cause my child to be used in a manner which sexual gratification may be the intention of certain individuals.

Jomo
July 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I felt a bit sorry for her. She seemed uncomfortable - the way she was petting that cat toy in the beginning, and the furtive looks at the camera. I wonder who was filming it, because the mother didn't smile at the camera either when it panned over her combing, which seemed odd if it was the girl's dad or something.

I was distracted by her teeth, too... eesh, they need to stop fussing about her hair and get her to an orthodontist to have those jutting front teeth and overbite addressed. No way those are baby teeth at that age.

ETA: It also appears that the video has been posted by one of those generic oooh long hair accounts, and not by anyone to do with the family or anything. So who knows if this was originally supposed to end up on youtube, or what happened.

GRU
July 18th, 2011, 07:55 PM
ETA: It also appears that the video has been posted by one of those generic oooh long hair accounts, and not by anyone to do with the family or anything. So who knows if this was originally supposed to end up on youtube, or what happened.

Okay, that's even CREEPIER!

ArienEllariel
July 18th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I felt a bit sorry for her. She seemed uncomfortable - the way she was petting that cat toy in the beginning, and the furtive looks at the camera. I wonder who was filming it, because the mother didn't smile at the camera either when it panned over her combing, which seemed odd if it was the girl's dad or something.

I was distracted by her teeth, too... eesh, they need to stop fussing about her hair and get her to an orthodontist to have those jutting front teeth and overbite addressed. No way those are baby teeth at that age.

Mhm. I remember having that issue as a child and I'm pretty sure my parents addressed the problem before that age. If you wait too long, the orthodontist has to do surgery instead of simply putting you in braces and stretching your jaw/pulling it forward, etc.

Arya
July 18th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Is there some sort of Tineye for videos, that we could track it with? Just to make sure the original posters of the video are the ones who posted this on youtube

Slinks
July 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM

YES to this .. that was my thought but I really didn't want to mention it :o but seeing as it's out, a big YES .. I had my daughter's teeth fixed it took 4 years - 1 year in a CBJ and the rest with coloured "in fashion" braces, the best thing we ever did .. :D

Cardinal
July 18th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I too, was disturbed by this child's demeanor...She really strikes me as her mother's 'toy'. I see problems ahead for that family.

chahuahuas
July 19th, 2011, 06:31 AM
But I thought this site was devoted to those with/wanting long hair???
That was why I joined. Would have been silly of me to go to "short-hair lovers" and preach about the benefits of long hair.

Just because this site is devoted to those who want/love long hair, doesn't mean anybody needs to "hate on" short hair. (not that you are, necessarily, haha.) When someone cuts off their hair, it's their own decision, and it can be beautiful as well.

I don't think UltraBella is preaching the benefits of short hair, I think she's just pointing out that cutting off one's hair does not have to be viewed as a horrible mistake. I love that LHCers thoroughly appreciate long hair, but they still manage to be [mostly] respectful of other's decisions to go shorter.

(see this thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405 )

Kosmos
July 19th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I'll have to agree with half the ladies here when I say it seemed slightly disturbing. One of my friends was forced to grow her hair out like that as a child. Her mother refused to teach her how to braid it or anything so she was completely dependent on her mum. When she finally went to college she shaved her mid-calf-length hair off completely.