PDA

View Full Version : At this point I dont care if my hair is dry. Just want it LONG!

MissHair
July 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Outdated post edited

skyblue
July 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM
well you just made me feel better about my very tapered ends lol!
I sometimes feel that because my hair is thinner and very tapered I don't feel
very confident that it looks good enough
But you just keep taking care of your hair and it will get as long as that other girls hair
I promise ;)

ZeppHead
July 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I feel you!:rolleyes: I get the same way after I went shoulder length in late March. Its growing nicely and I admire it often but....when you go out and see someone's really long healthy shiny hair you cant help but get mad. It depresses me sometimes, throws off my mood for the rest of the day. I just want my hair back sometimes! But, one day we will have longer hair like that and girls will be looking at us like that too. :)

*Rose Red*
July 17th, 2011, 03:07 PM
yes, your hair will grow longer and longer, but if it stays healthy, then it will look beautiful!!!

Madora
July 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Well, her hair may look lovely to you, but if she is always playing with it and so forth, her hair will suffer. Hair is not a toy! It sounds to me that that young lady is trying to draw attention to herself (and succeeding to a certain extent) by playing with her hair.

She may make you envious..but the way she behaves sounds shallow to me. Your mileage may differ, of course!

Ligeia_13
July 17th, 2011, 03:48 PM
I know how you feel. I have an unnatural longing for WL and beyond hair. Not having it makes me feel sort of incomplete. I know it sounds dumb, but there you have it. But I agree with what ZeppHead said:

But, one day we will have longer hair like that and girls will be looking at us like that too.

sums it up nicely :)

ArienEllariel
July 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I know how you feel. I have an unnatural longing for WL and beyond hair. Not having it makes me feel sort of incomplete. I know it sounds dumb, but there you have it.

So I'm not the only one??

Oh good. I feel like part of me is missing too. The wierd thing is, I've never had very long hair before but I feel like it should be there. :o

oktobergoud
July 17th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I'm in the same boat :P
Although I'm growing out a pixie, I just want it LONG NOW. (at my standards, a bob is long :P) I had a huge cut about 3,5 months ago so I had to start all over again.. and some ends are still a bit crunchy but I'll deal with them later.. now they just have to grow!
Sigh :P

gthlvrmx
July 17th, 2011, 04:03 PM

Oh good. I feel like part of me is missing too. The wierd thing is, I've never had very long hair before but I feel like it should be there. :o
Same here. If it feels like you should, then it really probably should be there ;)
Felt the glory of having TB(or BCL?) hair braided and it was amazing, i will never regret that and i am going for more! :D:D

Ligeia_13
July 17th, 2011, 04:04 PM
The wierd thing is, I've never had very long hair before but I feel like it should be there. :o

Exactly :)

LuXious
July 17th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Healthy hair rules.

haibane
July 17th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I have very tapered hair, and I'm happy having the length as it is. I have contemplated many times cutting it back to where I would have blunt ends (about half my length.)
But really, given my fragile hair type, there's no way of knowing for sure if it would grow much longer without going see-through again anyway. So I'm letting it grow as it is. :)

Dry is never a good idea though. It's totally possible to keep long hair soft and supple even if it's tapered.

constantki
July 17th, 2011, 04:25 PM
This makes me feel a lot better about my dry tbl hair!
I think that gaining length alone did increase my confidence even though my hair not as healthy as it could be. Good luck and happy growing!

duckhugger
July 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I'm in the same boat :P
Although I'm growing out a pixie, I just want it LONG NOW. (at my standards, a bob is long :P) I had a huge cut about 3,5 months ago so I had to start all over again.. and some ends are still a bit crunchy but I'll deal with them later.. now they just have to grow!
Sigh :P

I so FEEL your pain! I want it long right now!!! I am not even at jaw length yet. I cut off all the growth I had from January just last month... because my hair is wavy and bits were starting to stick out everywhere! If I can just get past that icky stage all will be well! Good luck growing :3

Rini
July 17th, 2011, 06:29 PM
All I could think was, if my hair was as long as her I'd feel SO much more confident about myself.

This reminds me of thoughts I used to have like "if only I was slimmer, I'd be happier" or "if only I didn't have this zit, he/she would like me". You know, transferring your happiness onto one physical trait and blaming it for all of your woes is very common. The problem is, that sometimes when you DO lose those pounds, or get clear skin, or grow long hair......then it will be something else. That's how it was with me when I was young :o

Having said that, I also yearn for longer hair! I totally understand where you're coming from there. Just keep growing and taking care of it :) (....and you can have good posture NOW by standing up a little straighter. Good posture makes you look instantly better and more confident).

Btw, I wonder if the girl with the long hair felt as confident as you imagined? Playing with her hair all the time? It sounds like she might have been a bit nervous.

MissHair
July 18th, 2011, 05:18 AM
This reminds me of thoughts I used to have like "if only I was slimmer, I'd be happier" or "if only I didn't have this zit, he/she would like me". You know, transferring your happiness onto one physical trait and blaming it for all of your woes is very common. The problem is, that sometimes when you DO lose those pounds, or get clear skin, or grow long hair......then it will be something else. That's how it was with me when I was young :o

Having said that, I also yearn for longer hair! I totally understand where you're coming from there. Just keep growing and taking care of it :) (....and you can have good posture NOW by standing up a little straighter. Good posture makes you look instantly better and more confident).

Btw, I wonder if the girl with the long hair felt as confident as you imagined? Playing with her hair all the time? It sounds like she might have been a bit nervous.

Oh you hit the nail in the head. Thank you and thanks for all the replies. :D

Henrietta
July 18th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I know this feeling, at least partly. I have no illusion that in my case long hair will help with my lack of self confidence, but after watching a lot of pictures of long hair and seeing someone with a TBL+ braid I want long hair so much more... Usually I just enjoy growing and taking care but sometimes I just want it to be long ALREADY ;)

MomOf2Gremlins
July 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Well, her hair may look lovely to you, but if she is always playing with it and so forth, her hair will suffer. Hair is not a toy! It sounds to me that that young lady is trying to draw attention to herself (and succeeding to a certain extent) by playing with her hair.

She may make you envious..but the way she behaves sounds shallow to me. Your mileage may differ, of course!

My first thoughts exactly. As a matter of fact I can't stand girls/women who constantly play with or swish their hair around from left to right exactly for that reason. It has too much of a "Hey, look at ME and my long hair!" attitude!

I know what the OP means though by being mesmerized. The other weekend we're at a BBQ where one of the spouses (Asian) had waist long hair, absolutely georgeous looking and I kept gazing back all the time at her hair, envying her for her length!:p

MissHair
July 18th, 2011, 11:43 AM
My first thoughts exactly. As a matter of fact I can't stand girls/women who constantly play with or swish their hair around from left to right exactly for that reason. It has too much of a "Hey, look at ME and my long hair!" attitude!

I know what the OP means though by being mesmerized. The other weekend we're at a BBQ where one of the spouses (Asian) had waist long hair, absolutely georgeous looking and I kept gazing back all the time at her hair, envying her for her length!:p

Yepyep, my thoughts exactly. I think that's what she was doing too.

brielle87
July 18th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Having long hair is wonderful, but having healthy hair is even better. Mid back healthy hair could be far more attractive than super long damaged hair.
There is this woman I have seen over the years who has super long hair, my hair is to my knees so when I say super long I mean almost to her feet, but it has stopped being healthy somewhere in the vicinity of her waist. I wish she would just chop it off and it would look so much better, so much.
I love having long hair, always have my whole life except for two times, but always swore I would cut off as much as I needed to rid it of damage. Which was the reason for my second hair cutting, many years ago.
Also, I always wear my hair up. I am amazed at women who wear it down and not find it gets in the way. I only wear my hair down at bed time, in a loose braid, and sometimes in the autumn, in a high braid. In the summer it feels terribly oppressive on my back, actually my whole body, since it is so long.
Always keep up with trimmings, your longer haired self will thank you for it. I go 3 times a year and have an inch or two taken off.

xoxophelia
July 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
To me, part of having long hair is growing it. You have to find ways to enjoy the stages along the way or you will never have the patience to wait years for something that you feel you need vs. want.

Also, you can definitely have beautiful hair that is tapered but if it is very dry or damaged, you won't enjoy it. You would be living with that damaged hair for a few years and it would always tangle on itself even without moving. It is no fun clinging to damaged hair. I can somewhat understand because I decided to cut off my damage gradually. But, if I hadn't been cutting it at all along the way (I've cut at least 6" since joining LHC), I would be horribly frustrated with my hair. I would much rather have waist+ hair that is managable without heat than hair I have to wear up every single day.

ravenreed
July 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I so agree with your first paragraph. As I have gotten older and less "perfect" I have also stopped worrying so much about the physical nonsense. Also, I play with my hair when I am nervous. I am trying to break myself of the habit but it is very soothing for some reason. It is one reason I wear it up at social functions. Otherwise I can't keep my hands out of it.

SoulOfTheSea
July 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I also feel this way at times, just wanting the length, no matter if it's damaged or not. But then I see some of my scraggly ends and I just think "Must... trim....." and so I am stuck between wanting to trim, and continue growing =/ I really want waist-length hair!

tinywife
July 18th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Me too!! An essential part of my person is just...not here yet.

Athena's Owl
July 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I used to feel that way, when I had short hair. I had about ten years where I went from pixie to about ear length, and I would dream over and over again about my hair growing longer at a really weird rate, and I felt like there was something missing when I was awake.

but once I managed to get my hair down to my shoulders, that was it. I never wore it any shorter. The dreams would come back after i'd "gone for a trim" and wound up with six inches hacked off, and when I got to bsl they stopped for a little while, then came back, and in my dreams it would grow to my hips before it stopped.

now that I'm at tailbone, I never feel like something's missing, and I never have those dreams any more.