PDA

View Full Version : I use dropper to apply oil to scalp, BUT..

shikara
July 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
So I like to give my scalp an oil massage twice a week and use a medicine dropper to do that; however, I find that I need to get my fingerpads in there and move them around to distribute the oil. I have heard that when you 'massage' your scalp you shouldn't be manipulating the roots but if I do this there are areas not benefittng from the oil. Any helpful comments??? Thanks in advance....

Siiri
July 17th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I don't really see a way how you could massage your scalp without toughing your roots :confused: If you do it gently, I'd say the benefits outweigh the damage you may get from it. I think what the instructions mean by "not manipulating your roots" is that you just need to do it carefully, not pressing too much or twisting the roots.

Madora
July 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
@ Shikara...

Here is an excerpt from "George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair" (1982 Doubleday):

Do-it-Yourself Scalp Massage

Lie on your bed on your stomach with your head hanging over the edge. Place your hands, fingers spread open, so that your thumbs are above your ears and your little fingers meet at the top of your forehead. Then moving your fingers in an up and down "regrasping" motion, massage about twenty times in this position. Move on to the next position an inch or so higher on your head and repeat (your thumbs may still be in the same place above your ears). Move on again toward the back of your head (by now your thumbs are further down behind your ears). Continue until you've covered the entire head.

Although this massage in a head-down position gives optimum chances for improved circulation, if you do this sitting up--at your desk, watching television, you'll still be passing on great benefits to your scalp and hair. If your hair is normal to dry, repeat this at least once a day, if you have oily hair, only massage two or three times a week.