PDA

View Full Version : Color oops followed by Henna?

kitcatsmeow
July 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I was torn whether or not to post this in the natural or conventional since it's BOTH and settled on "The Mane." Ha, anyway...

My color history: I was platinum blonde for years and within the last 6 weeks or less have dyed it several times with permanent color, salon and box. It's faded a lot even the few strands of black which I attribute to a Keratin treatment before I colored. I attempted Henna once but didn't apply it properly and it was on my head less than 30 minutes. I really didn't see any change after that.

As the chemical dye fades out my hair seems SO much healthier so I'd really like to removed it all, or as much as I can. I know my hair won't be pretty under all the color since it was blonde to begin with I'm expecting ultra brassy yellow orangey and gold. That's fine. My aim is to be close to my natural color which is a redish blonde (strawberry blonde.)

I really don't want to put any chemical dye back in my hair but I KNOW I will need some sort of toner afterwards.

I know Rainbow Henna is best option for me as I'm new to it and I've read pretty good things about Light Mountain Henna. Knowing that my hair will be pretty much colorless and just yellow brass is this an option for me? And which color would be best to try to get a light red? http://www.light-mountain-hair-color.com/chart-natural.php

I will be doing test strand (or possibly several since my hair is several shades now) with both products whatever they end up being but wanted some insight from some of you that may be more knowledgeable in this than I!

Current color is in my avatar and album. Medium redish brown with some darker areas closer to the top and crown.

whichypoohs
July 16th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Personally I wouldn't put anything on my head except for BAQ Henna and I can highly recommend either Jamila or Sojat from Henna Boy UK