PDA

View Full Version : Hair Growth SPURTS

whichypoohs
July 16th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I've just had a horrible time with my hair: had a trim, then it just stopped doing anything - now it's come to life again. Is this normal?

alwayssmiling
July 16th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I bearly grew an inch all over the whole winter last year. By spring it started growing fast again. Between 1/2" to an inch per month. Because you had trimmed it I doubt its breakage. Have you been ill, sometimes that stalls growth.

silverjen
July 16th, 2011, 04:30 PM
That's pretty normal for me. My hair just crawls along in the winter, then sprints in the spring.

ange1ito
July 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
I noticed that too, since it got warmer I have seen nearly an inch whilst before it was only just a half.

gthlvrmx
July 16th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Yup, normal. :) Winter i get this slow growth, then i get a spurt as soon as the sun starts returning more and i am back in business. :)

partlycloudy
July 16th, 2011, 06:20 PM
But but... how does your hair know what season it is?

MissHair
July 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
But but... how does your hair know what season it is?

The sun naturally feeds your body with Vitamin-D. During the winter you might not get as much as your body needs. During summer you're exposed to it much more, giving you high doses of Vitamin-D. Hair grows alot better and faster during the summer and this may be one reason why.

Which is why I started taking Vitamin-D supplements everyday since May this year. Im hoping for less hairloss this winter.

Stagecoach
July 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
My hair grows in spurts. Always has, always will. I'll go months without ANY growth, and suddenly I'll gain 3-4" in 2-3 months!

Brenda714
July 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I sure am ready for some growth spurts, it seems like I am in one right now! Yay! Keep on growing, cause I've basically stopped growing for months, now it's getting ready to take off! :)

Anje
July 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Oh yeah. Once (unfortunately long before I was measuring) my hair grew about 4 inches in a month, while I was on a school trip to Germany.

I wasn't the only one who noticed... my parents were a bit freaked out by how much longer my hair was when I returned.

jacqueline101
April 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Mine grows in the summer and barely grows in the winter.