PDA

View Full Version : is it considered to be thin or very thin?

terralerra
July 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
hey, gals
my hair Circumference is just three inches (7 cm), is it considered to be fine and thin or very fine and thin my hair is normal not very soft and isnt thick at all
which hair do I can apply to my hair?

Kristamommyx3
July 16th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I thought 3 inches was in the normal category?

luthein
July 16th, 2011, 09:05 AM
3 inches puts you right in the middle of the ii category. It also sounds like your hair strands are of medium (M) thickness.

Mesmerise
July 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
3" is practically smack bang "average". Even 2" is considered a ii in thickness.

However, that doesn't tell you whether your hair is fine, medium or coarse...that's to do with the thickness of each individual strand of your hair.

If the strands of your hair are quite thick, you could have coarse hair, but if the individual strands are very thin and almost see through, you'd have fine hair. Somewhere in the middle is medium.

terralerra
July 16th, 2011, 09:20 AM
3" is practically smack bang "average". Even 2" is considered a ii in thickness.

However, that doesn't tell you whether your hair is fine, medium or coarse...that's to do with the thickness of each individual strand of your hair.

If the strands of your hair are quite thick, you could have coarse hair, but if the individual strands are very thin and almost see through, you'd have fine hair. Somewhere in the middle is medium.

the strands of my hair is very thin so,as u told, I have a very fine hair?

kyandii
July 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954

If you read this article it tells you everything you need to know about hair classifiers.
Including Circumfirence and hair texture.

Mesmerise
July 16th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Well then you have fine hair, but you don't have a i thickness... 3" is definitely ii thickness! To be i you need to have less than 2" circumference.

luthein
July 16th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I believe I misread your first post. When you said it's not soft and it's not thick, I thought you were addressing your individual strands. kyandii's link will help you out.

jojo
July 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
You are confusing fine with thin. My hair is very fine (individual strands) but thick in overall volume.

Fine= individual hairs, fine hairs can not be felt when rolled between 2 fingers, I need 6 hairs to feel anything.

Thick hair= put your hair in a pony and measure round the circumference not over the elastic anything over 4" is classed as thick.

Welcome to LHC and hope this helps.

terralerra
July 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
You are confusing fine with thin. My hair is very fine (individual strands) but thick in overall volume.

Fine= individual hairs, fine hairs can not be felt when rolled between 2 fingers, I need 6 hairs to feel anything.

Thick hair= put your hair in a pony and measure round the circumference not over the elastic anything over 4" is classed as thick.

Welcome to LHC and hope this helps.
Thank u very much
I tried what u said abt the fine test and here is the result It is completely fine as I role a strand of my hair btween the index and the thumb and I feel as asilk going down BUT my hair is nt straight ,it is S wavy and fine

jojo
July 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Sounds like mine, mine is wavy too. take no notice of the siggi photo i blow dry for my length photos. Conditioner washes are really good for our hair type too.

Glad you worked it out.

terralerra
July 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Sounds like mine, mine is wavy too. take no notice of the siggi photo i blow dry for my length photos. Conditioner washes are really good for our hair type too.

Glad you worked it out.
Yes , coditioners are good for us to wash our hairs with but ur hair sounds thick more than mine , I envey on u :D kidding ,dont be bothered

jojo
July 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
oh dont envy me, im sure your hair is beautiful