PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year-aversary and some length shots

ElusiveMuse
July 15th, 2011, 01:57 PM
It's been about a year since I joined LHC! In the past year I've only heat styled 3 times and have drastically improved, or at least become more aware, of my haircare. I've trimmed about 2 1/2 to 3 inches, and my goal has been to grow waist length hair and thicken the ends/grow out my layers. I constantly S&D, wash about twice a week (CO wash if more than that), use a yak's horn comb, and oil daily. I often wear it in updos with Grahtoe forks. Yet it sheds constantly and in large quantities.

My hair grows at a glacial pace so I don't feel like I've gained much length or thickness, and as a result I mostly lurk and sometimes take long breaks from LHC because it makes me really anxious and impatient about my hair growth, and I hate feeling sad about my hair or jealous about other peoples' hair. (There are some fantastic manes on this forum.)

Anyway, I didn't really have any proper length shots from last summer but you can kind of get an idea here (bigger version of my avatar pic)-

With the natural curl/wave, between APL and BSL -ish. It looks really thick here, but that's just air-dried, just-washed pouf.http://i54.tinypic.com/347whgo.jpg

Here it is today, after a 1 1/2 inch trim off the longest layer, which was at the bottom of my waist/just about hip when stretched (my wave eats up about 3 to 4 inches of length). This is third-day, air-dried, just-oiled.
http://i51.tinypic.com/5mcms9.jpg

So I'm still grazing the top of waist length here. (I know some people consider waist more high up, but I just can't accept that it's waist until it is at the lowest point of my waist, basically at hip.) My hair is still extremely thin, which makes me sad. In a twist or braid, the last several inches are not even an inch in diameter :( But before the trims it was way worse, and so scraggly.:( You can see some of my shorter layers are still at APL.

Slinks
July 15th, 2011, 02:53 PM
congrats !!! :-) your avatar looks like a painting, so beautiful !! gorgeous curls there .. I'm like you my hair which is straight (siggy) is about your length and I don't think it's waist yet ..

jojo
July 15th, 2011, 02:56 PM
looking beautiful

DavidN
July 15th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Congratulations to you on your LHC anniversary, ElusiveMuse, and thank you for sharing your photos! Your hair is beautiful, nice and thick too!

Toiréasa
July 15th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Congrats on your anniversary , the first picture is beautiful!

dulce
July 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
You have beautiful hair!Just lovely curls!

MajorasMask
July 15th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I wish I was pretty as you are :O

*Rose Red*
July 16th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Congrats, and your hair is beautiful!

curlymarcia
July 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Happy anniversary! I like your hair the way it is. It doesn't look that thin for me. And once you grow out the layers it will be thicker. By the way, I love your avatar. I can't believe is you.

Bohemian Haze
July 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Aw, I LOVE the first pic of you - it looks all dreamy and ethereal :) And, what beautiful hair in both pics!

Roscata
July 17th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I love your hair, it's very pretty and I think your ends looks very nice, I see you got a lot of growth too.
Happy anniversary! :D

CrisDee
July 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Congratulations on your progress, I think your wavy hair with layers and fairy tale ends really suits you. :flower: Is that a computer program that made the first shot look like a painting? That's really breathtaking!