PDA

View Full Version : What the.... O_O Whoa growth rate!

Pegasus Marsters
June 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ok guys, I'm seriously stunned at this. I took this photo last month on the 28th

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Image000-1.jpg

I took these photos today.

Wet hair:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Wethair1.jpg

Dry hair
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Dryhair2.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/pegasusmarsters/Dryhair1-1.jpg

I'm not imagining this am I? My hair was miles away from my tattoos last time I took a photo. And there's nothing different in what I did with my hair... I washed, airdried then brushed it through with my normal brush.

Whatever caused this... I hope it continues!

lilalong
June 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
You seem to draw your shoulders up a tiny bit in the current pictures, but it has definitely grown a lot.
Congrats!

Niphredil
June 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Is it in any way possible that you have your shoulders high on that last photo?
That could be an explanation. :hmm:

If not, then you have had some fantastic growth, and keep on doing what you have been doing to your hair, it apparently likes it a lot !!! :D

nicolina
June 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM
:surprise: That looks like over an inch of growth from here... Can I have your genomes? Please?

Pegasus Marsters
June 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I just added a second pic where my arms were by my sides... but I don't think my hands being on my hips made that much difference? The pic was also taken from a different angle and makes me ends look thin :(

Laululintu
June 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Can I please have some of you hair's mad growth skillz? :D:p:cheese:

AJoifulNoise
June 24th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Wow, that's some growth you have there! Congrats!

Patrycja
June 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Its the Princess gene. All princess' are meant to have wonderful long hair so therefore-you have that uncanny gene to grow long wonderful hair.

Don't question it woman!

harley mama
June 24th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hey, what are you feeding that hair of yours? I need some!
It is looking very nice Pegs. :)

Saranne772
June 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow! What growth!!! Maybe you stole some of mine :p mine has slowed down now :( haha

Keep it and you'll soon be looong :D

Sofoulee
June 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Lucky, lucky.. congratulations!

darkwaves
June 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Whatever you're eating, Princess Pegs, I want some of it! That's some growth!

jojo
June 24th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I agree you shoulder is higher up but look at the layer next to the length, that has not grown

but the length definitely has.

My hair does this, the layer seems to grow one month and then stalls as the length grows.

Either way I see growth, well done!

DavidN
June 24th, 2008, 04:50 PM
That is the most amazing growth, Pegs, and your hair is looking wonderful these days!

Cheery
June 24th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Oh my, that is a lot of growth! I'm so jealous. ;)

hurricane_gia
June 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Its the Princess gene. All princess' are meant to have wonderful long hair so therefore-you have that uncanny gene to grow long wonderful hair.

Don't question it woman!

Ah yes, the princess factor. Have ya'll read the book "Melisande" by E. Nesbit? Wonderful story about princess-hair. I highly recommend it!!

Keep up the good . . . work? Maybe it's the weather, or your vitamins, or something. But YAY Pegs's hair!

DecafJane
June 24th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Congrats on the growth! Well done. :D

girlcat36
June 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Nice growth, and it's cool you have the tattoos to gauge the growth.

ZaBasDa
June 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Congrats on your growth. I wish I had princess genes. :D

nissamholtz
June 24th, 2008, 11:14 PM
You're so lucky to have such growth so quickly

Niphredil
June 25th, 2008, 01:10 AM
In that added photo, you hair is a bit higher than you tattoos. But still, it has grown a lot !!!
Definitely princess gene :p

GlennaGirl
June 25th, 2008, 01:14 AM

Don't question it woman!

Ha ha, I like this answer. :D

Beautiful growth, Pegs!

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I just don't get why it's grown when I've been so unwell... I'm losing weight left right and centre but my hair is freaking awesome at the moment.

I thought you guys were praying for my health, not my hair! :silly:

RedRose
June 25th, 2008, 02:49 AM
That is some amazing growth! Congrats!

If you've been unwell, that may explain some of it - my best friend is a nurse and she *did* tell me the science behind it, but your hair grows faster when you are ill, I think it's something to do with your body going into overdrive trying to keep your warm by growing more hair....but I really can't remember for sure. But after your horrid illness some extra length is a lovely compensation :)
Hope you're feeling better now (but not because I want your hair to stop growing, just because it's nicer to be well!)

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 03:12 AM
That is some amazing growth! Congrats!

If you've been unwell, that may explain some of it - my best friend is a nurse and she *did* tell me the science behind it, but your hair grows faster when you are ill, I think it's something to do with your body going into overdrive trying to keep your warm by growing more hair....but I really can't remember for sure. But after your horrid illness some extra length is a lovely compensation :)
Hope you're feeling better now (but not because I want your hair to stop growing, just because it's nicer to be well!)

Haha... that actually perks me up a little about being so sick as I have been. I get bonus hair growth. That would also explain why the rest of my body is fuzzing up so fast.

Thanks for the info and well wishes.

bte
June 25th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Great growth - what will it look like in 14 years??!!

Tap Dancer
June 25th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Looks like a couple of inches crept in there. :) My hair is doing the same thing; we're lucky to have such fast growth! :D

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Great growth - what will it look like in 14 years??!!
I don't even want to think that far ahead O_O

Looks like a couple of inches crept in there. :) My hair is doing the same thing; we're lucky to have such fast growth! :D
Most definately! *does the fast growth dance*

FrannyG
June 25th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I studied the photos very carefully and there's no question that you've had unusually quick growth this past month. Way to go, girl! You'll be reaching goals all over the place. I don't know how we'll keep track! :)

I guess the quick growth is a bonus side benefit of all the prayers for health. We are the LHC, after all. :wink:

Ms Monnie
June 25th, 2008, 05:40 AM

Oooh. That's why my hair grew so well then I was so ill. It's been crappy ever since I started getting better. I think my body only has limited resources and has been concentrating on building muscle and stuff. Great.

missy60
June 25th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Wow great growth. The length you are at now is really hard to notice growth at. It seems I was stuck at this length forever so its nice you have the tattoo to help measure growth with.

sexyjacksparrow
June 25th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Your hair is looking fab, Pegs. You seem to have had more growth in the last couple of month than I have in five years.

You hair looks fab at any length though!!

Kerry xx

bex487
June 25th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Great pictures! My hair is currently maybe 1 inch longer than yours, and it's driving me nuts! I feel like it's not growing (that awkward hair phase). Here's to both of us making it through this phase quickly!

JessTheMess
June 25th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Congrats! I wish my hair would grow some! I feel like it's at a stand still!

Islandgrrl
June 25th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Wow, Pegs...how nice is that!!! Great progress, girl!

angelthadiva
June 25th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I think it's all that LHC love you been getting in the mail! :D

rhubarbarin
June 25th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I just added a second pic where my arms were by my sides... but I don't think my hands being on my hips made that much difference? The pic was also taken from a different angle and makes me ends look thin

Don't be silly! Thin ends indeed. Your hair looks so full and bouncy. And definately longer.

Congrats on the growth! My hair just had a spurt too, all of a sudden it's touching my bra band! I love summer.

Peggy E.
June 25th, 2008, 07:41 AM
You're going to have to move those tats! ;o)

Hair (and nails) grows more quickly in the warmer weather, or so I'm told... And maybe some day it will get WARM here and I can find out for myself, first hand....

Your hair is looking great - whatever you're doing, it's working!

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I studied the photos very carefully and there's no question that you've had unusually quick growth this past month. Way to go, girl! You'll be reaching goals all over the place. I don't know how we'll keep track! :)

I guess the quick growth is a bonus side benefit of all the prayers for health. We are the LHC, after all. :wink:
Yay! Thanks hon. You know, you have to measure my length by princesses!... cept now I'm a bit past Cinderella and still a bit far off Belle. Dang!

Oooh. That's why my hair grew so well then I was so ill. It's been crappy ever since I started getting better. I think my body only has limited resources and has been concentrating on building muscle and stuff. Great.
That'll teach you to recover! :p

Don't be silly! Thin ends indeed. Your hair looks so full and bouncy. And definately longer.

Congrats on the growth! My hair just had a spurt too, all of a sudden it's touching my bra band! I love summer.
Thanks for the kind words ^.^

You're going to have to move those tats! ;o)

Hair (and nails) grows more quickly in the warmer weather, or so I'm told... And maybe some day it will get WARM here and I can find out for myself, first hand....

Your hair is looking great - whatever you're doing, it's working!

I'm thinking I need some more tats all down my back to measure the growth by! ;)

Lamb
June 25th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm thinking I need some more tats all down my back to measure the growth by! ;)
:rollin: I can just see it now... BSL, APL, WL, TB tattoos, like a measuring tape...
Your hair looks fabulous, Pegs. I do envy you for the growth rate!

FrannyG
June 25th, 2008, 08:42 AM
:rollin: I can just see it now... BSL, APL, WL, TB tattoos, like a measuring tape... That is such a cool idea!!!! :idea:

Ms Monnie
June 25th, 2008, 09:45 AM
That'll teach you to recover! :p

:bigtongue:

wolf girl
June 25th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Great growth rate Pegs! Oh and BTW, your tats are very cute. Angel on one shoulder and demon on the other. Which one do you listen to the most? :tongue:

Garnet66
June 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Congrats on your great growth rate. I wish my hair could grow like that.

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Great growth rate Pegs! Oh and BTW, your tats are very cute. Angel on one shoulder and demon on the other. Which one do you listen to the most? :tongue:

That depends on who you ask. XD Several people will say the angel, others say the evil.

Shelly
June 25th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Congrats Pegasus :joy: :cheer: I wish my hair grew that fast. :( :-(

Elenna
June 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Pegs obviously listens to her angel the most.

Exodus
June 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Some serious hair growth envy here! Whatever makes your hair grow like that, why can't I have it too? *grumble*
Sure you aren't eating some suspicious herbs or something? :suspect:

yogachic
June 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Maybe your hair grows more in summer, but it sure did grow alot. Do you measure?

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Some serious hair growth envy here! Whatever makes your hair grow like that, why can't I have it too? *grumble*
Sure you aren't eating some suspicious herbs or something? :suspect:
Hah dude I'm not eating anything special.

I have been drinking high calorie drinks that are packed full of vitamins and minerals, maybe that's making the difference?

Maybe your hair grows more in summer, but it sure did grow alot. Do you measure?

I'm far too lazy to measure. I just take photos... I can tell if it's got longer from those.

birthmarkie
June 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Wow! It looks like you got at least an inch in a month. Your hair is so pretty. Maybe it is summer growth! :sun:

julya
June 25th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Wow, that is some dramatic growth there and not even a whole month!

Oskimosa
June 25th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Hah dude I'm not eating anything special.

I have been drinking high calorie drinks that are packed full of vitamins and minerals, maybe that's making the difference?

Hhhmmmm, vitamins... *eyes her short hair and pops One-a-Day active vitamins* APL, here I come!!!

Pegasus Marsters
June 26th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Hhhmmmm, vitamins... *eyes her short hair and pops One-a-Day active vitamins* APL, here I come!!!

The shakes I'm drinking have just about every vitamin going, plus calcium and all that good stuff. Maybe that is to blame for my hair growth?

*runs to chug several more of them*

Niphredil
June 26th, 2008, 05:56 AM
:rollin: I can just see it now... BSL, APL, WL, TB tattoos, like a measuring tape...
Your hair looks fabulous, Pegs. I do envy you for the growth rate!

Hehe, if you ever need excuses for new tattoos on your back :D

Could very well be that the high energy/vitamins/other nutrients are helping speeding up the growth!
You'd better hold on to those even if your doc (or whoever is prescribing them in your case) says you don't need them any longer. :cool:

Pegasus Marsters
June 26th, 2008, 06:05 AM
Hehe, if you ever need excuses for new tattoos on your back :D

Could very well be that the high energy/vitamins/other nutrients are helping speeding up the growth!
You'd better hold on to those even if your doc (or whoever is prescribing them in your case) says you don't need them any longer. :cool:

Don't worry, no one's prescribing them. I'm buying them myself because it's the only thing that I can manage right now really. Proper food is a struggle.

Niphredil
June 26th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Don't worry, no one's prescribing them. I'm buying them myself because it's the only thing that I can manage right now really. Proper food is a struggle.
It is good that this stuff exists these days, although I'm sure you'd prefer not be in need of them.
Meanwhile, such growth could be a worse side-effect.

*I do not know your entire story, but I read some about it on the boards. I'm wishing you all the best and you're lucky to have the LHC caring for you ! *

Pegasus Marsters
June 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM
It is good that this stuff exists these days, although I'm sure you'd prefer not be in need of them.
Meanwhile, such growth could be a worse side-effect.

*I do not know your entire story, but I read some about it on the boards. I'm wishing you all the best and you're lucky to have the LHC caring for you ! *

Hey if I get great hair growth as a side effect it makes me feel a little better about having to take them.

If you're interested there's plenty of info about me on my blog or you can PM and ask away.

Periwinkle
June 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Wow! That's pretty fast...here's hoping it continues!