PDA

View Full Version : Topsy Turvy things wanted

laughter777
June 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Went to claire's and bought one...works pretty well!!

lil_irish_angel
June 24th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I can go and see if Cubfoods has anymore if want, and if they do did you want me to pick one up. Cause thats where I got mine was at the grocery store its made by scrunchie

pm me if you wan to get ye one ok

Cinnamon Hair
June 24th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=topsy+tail) has them.

Miss Murphy
June 25th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I got mine at my local non-fancy drugstore, and it was cheap.

Peggy E.
June 25th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Wow - that IS a cool style! And like the idiot I so often prove myself to be, I sold my "back-up" topsies, thinking I could always get more and why did I need five extra boxes, blah, blah, blah?

Well, the topsie tool broke and, to my shock, turned out to be the LAST one I had! Apparently I'd broken one and reached for the back-up, then proceeded to break that one, too....

AND there are NO TT's being made anymore!!! Oh, the horror! The pain!! The REGRET!!!!

So, the moral of this story is: Should you see me cavalierly selling multiples of something on the swap board, STOP ME! I AM going to need them ALL some day!!

There's a guy in UK who sells genetic TT's and even sends along the same literature Scunci supplied, so maybe he's sanctioned, who knows? I was able to get a replacement and am going to order multiples. His feedback put him in an "iffy" position, but I got my pkg right away and would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Plus he's the only place I know where I can get these tools and I use them CONSTANTLY...:o(

laughter777
June 25th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I have checked every store around me! Nothing!
Lil Irish Angel...would you be able to figure out shipping and cost etc and let me know, then I can tell you if I want one...short on money...dang goats, chickens, horses, dogs, and cows spending all my hair money!!

lil_irish_angel
June 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Ok I thinkI paid 4.99 And it came with a big one and a smaller one. I will try this weekend to make it back to town to see if cub still has them and if they do I will buy some and then send them out to those that want them..hehehe

Boy is hubby going to loves this one

lil_irish_angel
June 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Wow - that IS a cool style! And like the idiot I so often prove myself to be, I sold my "back-up" topsies, thinking I could always get more and why did I need five extra boxes, blah, blah, blah?

Well, the topsie tool broke and, to my shock, turned out to be the LAST one I had! Apparently I'd broken one and reached for the back-up, then proceeded to break that one, too....

AND there are NO TT's being made anymore!!! Oh, the horror! The pain!! The REGRET!!!!

So, the moral of this story is: Should you see me cavalierly selling multiples of something on the swap board, STOP ME! I AM going to need them ALL some day!!

There's a guy in UK who sells genetic TT's and even sends along the same literature Scunci supplied, so maybe he's sanctioned, who knows? I was able to get a replacement and am going to order multiples. His feedback put him in an "iffy" position, but I got my pkg right away and would not hesitate to buy from him again.

Plus he's the only place I know where I can get these tools and I use them CONSTANTLY...:o(
Peggy, you crack me up. I sent you a PM

jojo
June 26th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Claires sells these very cheaply.

Kirin
June 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM
You don't need one, seriously.

Make a pony tail, slide the elastic down the pony just a little bit, from underneath slide two fingers (thumb and forefinger) through the center mass up to the top on the backside of the pony tail. Grab tail end, pull through. Voila.

I was doing this years before they made the topsy lol.

Elainehali
June 26th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I've broken so many of those that I made one out of metal wire and duct tape. =P

Not the most attractive hair tool, but it works.

PseudoScot
June 26th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Try Garnett - she used to have a bunch!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=1044

Peggy E.
June 27th, 2008, 04:30 PM
You don't need one, seriously.

Make a pony tail, slide the elastic down the pony just a little bit, from underneath slide two fingers (thumb and forefinger) through the center mass up to the top on the backside of the pony tail. Grab tail end, pull through. Voila.

I was doing this years before they made the topsy lol.

This is fine for a simple topsy, but for the more involved topsy styles, you really do need the tool. I like to do the weaves and there's no way I could manage them without the tool - I'm barely getting them to work even with the tool!

lil_irish_angel
June 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Claires sells these very cheaply.

the one i had from claries broke the first time I tried to use it

laughter777
June 28th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I have tried to do it without the tool and it never works for me! I am hair do challenged!! I went to Claire's with my sister and we bought the one they have and a bun making thingy they have...have to take it back...didn't realize there were sizes until I got home with the large....I don't have enough hair for it!! lol I really like the original topsy tail thingy I had that closed down on your tail then you pulled it through...seemed easier than this one. I also bought a really cute flexi -8 type thing from Claires...but Flexi-8 makes a horsey one I really want! LOL Gotta sell more milk and eggs to get it!
Thanks for all the advice girls!