PDA

View Full Version : 5th Anniversary

cindy58
July 15th, 2011, 07:49 AM
5 years at LHC have recently passed for me. That's a long time to hang out!

This is how my hair looks this morning, it's a cell phone pic a guy I work with took for me. He told me I look like Cousin It (thanks). My hair is still damp because I washed this morning. The dampness probably accounts for the lack of shine.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/7-15-1.jpg

My original goal length was waist, then tailbone, you know how that goes. Reaching those goals, I found it a little difficult to get back into the maintaining mode, so it grows longer. I've been feeling like I have more hair than I want, so I trimmed back about 6" in January of this year. I think the length is back or nearly so. Now I've been in the process of moving, and realized that I have boxes of hair toys (a lot of exceptional barrettes) that I have not been wearing. I have decided that I would like to go back to a shorter length (mid-back? BSL?) and I have an appointment for a cut this afternoon.

I'll post pics of the new cut tonight!

jel
July 15th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Congrats on your hair-iversary! Your hair looks gorgeous, I can't believe you want to go back to BSL - isn't that too drastic? It would be for me, but then I still suffer from a scissors allergy ;)

Have you thought of just cutting back to waist, your original goal? Or didn't you like your hair at that length?

Looking forward to seeing your new pics!

CastaDiva
July 15th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary:cheer: Your hair looks absolutely amazing! If you decide to cut it back to BSL, and you have an average growth rate of about an inch a month, you will be back to your current length in no time if you decide you want to grow your hair that long again:) I`m looking forward to your post cut pictures:)

cindy58
July 15th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Congrats on your hair-iversary! Your hair looks gorgeous, I can't believe you want to go back to BSL - isn't that too drastic? It would be for me, but then I still suffer from a scissors allergy ;)

Have you thought of just cutting back to waist, your original goal? Or didn't you like your hair at that length?

Looking forward to seeing your new pics!

Thanks! I've been thinking about this for awhile, that's why I trimmed back in January, where I did go back to about waist. I was tired of my buns often slipping sideways because of the weight, my hair falling into whatever I was doing if it wasn't up in a bun. Going back to waist length helped somewhat with that, but didn't seem to make a drastic difference and I think I'm nearly back lengthwise to where it was before.

Since rediscovering my toy boxes, I would like to try a more user-friendly length to wear it down more often. If it turns out I like it better longer, I'll grow it back.

This pic was from the summer of '07 -- I don't plan to go shorter than that. I'm thinking of taking off about 9" or so from where it is now.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/turqbarrette.jpg

IanB
July 15th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Wow, that's looking great - congratulations :)

Loreley
July 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Your hair looks really beautiful! And I hope you will love your new cut! :) *Waiting for the pictures.* :drama:

cindy58
July 15th, 2011, 02:13 PM
It's cut! He estimates he took off about 10", but it still felt just below my old lady bra strap (as opposed to a high young bra strap!). I'll take a pic this evening. I asked what he thought of long layers, but he discouraged that, so it's blunt cut. I combed it and bunned it with a hair stick, that still works fine, and my buns still big! : )

DavidN
July 15th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Congratulations, Cindy, on your LHC anniversary! Your hair looks fabulous, you have come such a long ways, and I cannot get over how thick it is!

Good luck with the cut, and I look forward to your photos!

cindy58
July 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Here are the pics of the cut, the second one shows more red as it's in a sunnier spot.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/haircut2t7-15.jpghttp://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/hardercy/haircut7-15.jpg

Kathie
July 15th, 2011, 07:33 PM
cindy58 the new cut looks great! Your hair looks really healthy and suits the blunt hemline.

Krifantasy
July 15th, 2011, 07:46 PM
The cut looks great! I really like the blunt cut ends and your hair is such gorgeous color.

luluj
July 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I think the new length is absolutely perfect! Enjoy your hairtoys!!

jel
July 16th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Oh, it looks lovely and thick! Glad to hear you're not missing the length :D

In terms of shape, this blunt straight line is really impressive! With your thickness, a V-hem would probably suit you well, too.

georgia_peach
July 16th, 2011, 05:13 AM
You've got some gorgeous hair Cindy58. Congrats on your anniversary!

cindy58
July 16th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the comments!

So far, so good, I'm not feeling bad about giving up the length. I had been prepping myself that it would be a little shorter than it turned out to be.

pixiestar
July 16th, 2011, 06:53 AM
You have amazing thick hair and a beautiful colour, congrats on your anniversary:D

vanity_acefake
July 16th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Ooh your hair looks gorgeous. The cut is fabulous.
And your hair colour is beautiful.

Teufelchen
July 16th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I think both length suit you very well. :)
Have fun with wearing you "new" old hair toys :flower:

Roscata
July 17th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks lovely. :D

Sunny_side_up
July 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
beautiful hair, looks so healthy :)

Mommyof4
July 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Your hair looks amazing! I totally understand how you were feeling with the weight and length. When I was way younger, my hair was classic length and it was too heavy for anything to be comfortable, except just letting it lay where it wanted to. I cut 16 inches off and donated it to Locks of Love. I don't regret it, but I miss my hair being so long and thick and virgin from root to tip.

Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary and thanks for sharing!:D

greygardens
July 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
You have beautiful hair and the new cut looks great. So thick and healthy!

ericthegreat
July 17th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Congratulations on being here for 5 whole years! Your hair both before and after the cut was beautiful. I do like your new hemline, its so nice and straight and your ends are so thick and healthy looking.

littlenvy
July 17th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Beautiful hair!!! :) Happy Anniversary!!

spidermom
August 6th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Your hair is really gorgeous, so you could hardly go wrong.

Avital88
August 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM
very thick and healthy looking! and brave cut :)

jeanniet
August 6th, 2011, 02:07 PM
It really looks great. Even cut, it's still plenty long and you'll enjoy it more if it's easier for you to handle. :)

Slinks
August 6th, 2011, 02:51 PM
WOW - zers :thud: gorgeous hair all of them :-)

oddbeat
August 6th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Beautiful hair! I absolutely love your new cut - the blunt hemline looks great :)

jojo
August 6th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I loved your hair super long and I love it at the shorter length too, so enviously thick, great hemline, colour and condition=just too perfect!

Oh and congratulations on your hairy-versity!

mallorykay13
August 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Your hair is gorgeous. For serious.

Cowgirl16
August 6th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is beautiful :D

Rini
August 6th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Happy Anniversary! I love how thick your hair is :inlove: It looks just beautiful after that cut too!

paper
August 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

LOVE your cut! I think middle of back is the perfect length. Your hair looks very thick and healthy too. Congrats!!!

Sookie
August 7th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Your hair is full of body! So healthy!!!! Happy 5th anniversary!! :cheese:

Shypii90
August 7th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Wow, you have really nice hair :) In my opinion it looks great both at it's current length and how it was before you cut it, but I see what you mean about wanting to having it a more user-friendly length to use your hair toys on. Keep it up :)

CurlyMopTop
August 7th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Happy anniversary! I love the blunt hemline. You have beautiful hair (as jaw hits the floor)! :)

cindy58
September 16th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Wow, I missed a whole bunch of replies to this thread! Where have I been? Thanks for all the positive comments -- it's a lovely morale booster!

I haven't missed the length I cut too much yet, of course, as hair does, it's already getting longer. I have brought out toys left unworn for awhile and have been wearing it down probably a couple of days a week.

kanaka
September 16th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Whoa, that's a lot beautiful and gorgeous hair :thud: i am in love with your hair. your hair is so thick and healthy :D

greentealeaf
September 16th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Wow, gorgeous hair either way! Have fun using all of those toys, your hair looks perfect! :D

CarpeDM
September 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I love your new length, it looks perfect!

Yozhik
September 16th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread the first time around -- I live for beautiful progress photos, and yours are gorgeous!

I love your hair both pre- and post-cut. It's so wonderfully thick, and I really like how the blunt cut looks on you. :flowers:

Happy 5 years on LHC -- I hope I reach that long!

Xi
September 16th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Happy fifth anniversary! Your hair is very thick and beautiful.:blossom: