PDA

View Full Version : Who here clarifies often?

monsterna
July 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I clarify at least once a week, but I might bump that up to two times. I use a fairly heavy cone conditioner and feel I need clarifying pretty regularly. Anyone else??

ange1ito
July 14th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I do it once a week too as I tend to do an overnight oil usually castor before my wash, and I use cones when I wash which is every other day. I guess if it feels really awful I shall maybe do it twice in a week, but I try to drag it out if I can.
I used to use paul mitchells one but now using the wella purple purifying one, sally's in uk sells it.

x0h_bother
July 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I chelate weekly or every 5 because of hard water, not product buildup, though I do use cones.

jojo
July 14th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I dont do a cheleting treatment as these as more for removing the effects of hard water; I live in a soft water area but I do clarify once a week as I use serums and conditioners that contain cones. I love how soft my hair feels after a clarifying treatment.

vanillabones
July 14th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I clarify once a week or sometimes every two weeks if I am lazy :)
I also use really heavy cones in my conditioner / leave-in (non in my shampoo) and my hair is baby fine and thin so it really starts to add up fast. I just clarified yesterday and my hair turned out soooo nice :D

monsterna
July 14th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I just double clarified with Avalon Lemon Clarifying shampoo and I love how it makes my hair feel. :) We'll see how it feels after it dries in a few hours.

QueenJoey
July 14th, 2011, 07:39 PM
I don't clarify more than once every week or two. I used to do it every 3-4 days or something, and it just stripped my hair and left it in pretty bad condition.

By the way, how do all of you clarify? Because I used to use my aunt's salon stuff, but I checked the ingredients this morning and it is chocked full of cones, SLS, and all kinds of chemicals. shudder:

Sundial
July 14th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I clarify once a week with Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

monsterna
July 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I don't clarify more than once every week or two. I used to do it every 3-4 days or something, and it just stripped my hair and left it in pretty bad condition.

By the way, how do all of you clarify? Because I used to use my aunt's salon stuff, but I checked the ingredients this morning and it is chocked full of cones, SLS, and all kinds of chemicals. shudder:

See the shampoo I just mentioned above. It's been great for me.

http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=88&pid=27 (http://www.avalonorganics.com/?id=88&pid=27)

The ingredients are listed on the right bar.

torrilin
July 14th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Every time I shampoo. My hair seems to be happiest with a clarifying shampoo that gets diluted and used for scalp washes. Follow it up with a diluted apple cider vinegar rinse, and a dollop of leave in conditioner.

Aleria
July 14th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I swim in chlorine water about 3 times a week. It takes the place of shampoo XD

owlathena
July 14th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I clarify 1 or 2 times a week with Neutrogena's "anti-residue shampoo" my hair loves it and isn't dry at all.