PDA

View Full Version : Excellent youtube video about hair donation

Becky9679
July 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I don't know if this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgEuFdFrKII) has already been posted here or even if the lady who made the video is in fact a member but I thought it deserved some attention.

I personally have never had the 'why don't you donate your hair' question even when my hair was much longer but this video provides some excellent information about what actually happens to donated hair, the process someone has to go through in order to get a wig and also great arguments to use against people who make the 'donate your hair comment'.

I particularly like the idea of telling people to donate blood rather than hair which can go towards helping many people including those with cancer. I also like what she says about hair not being a priority for most people suffering from cancer. Their priority is to get well again and better treatments and more research will help more with that than a wig. I can say from firsthand experience that this is true, my mum had cancer when I was little and she only wore a wig to make other people more comfortable, in our own home she tended not to bother with one.

Nae
July 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed that video!

kwaniesiam
July 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
She's a member but not active any more :) I love her corset videos too.