PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Chagrin Valley shampoo bar?

ladyfey
July 14th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I've loved what I have used from them, but would like other people's opinions. If you use CV bars, which is your favorite and it might be helpful to know if your hair is dry, oily, whatever. I'd like to try some new bars, and this might help me decide what to get! :) Thanks!

Mairéad
July 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Babassu and marshmallow! I've been CO-ing with much success so I haven't used a shampoo bar in ages, but if CO ever stopped working for me I'd get this bar again in a heart beat.

I have dry hair and this bar did a pretty good job of making by hair moisturized and have crazy volume.

ladyfey
July 14th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Babassu and marshmallow! I've been CO-ing with much success so I haven't used a shampoo bar in ages, but if CO ever stopped working for me I'd get this bar again in a heart beat.

I have dry hair and this bar did a pretty good job of making by hair moisturized and have crazy volume.
That is the one which I am most interested in trying next! Good to hear that you like it, thanks!

dfotw
July 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Olive&Babassu! This is my 'go to' bar. Whether my hair feels dry, or if I've done a heavy oiling, using this bar will leave my hair soft and clean and happy! I think this is a bar that's in a nice moisturising equilibrium and works well for most people

Summer Sunshine and Rosemary&Lavender are on second and third place... moisturising, but not too much.

My hair has a tendency to be dry and frizzy (though a lot less now that I'm following a LHC-approved routine), but will rebel against too much moisture all of a sudden.

HTH! :flower:

rhosyn_du
July 14th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Lavender Spice! I'm mostly a SCH girl these days, but I still occasionally use CV Lavender Spice. It's nicely moisturizing without ever leaving my hair weighed down or stringy, which is the trouble I have with most CV bars that are touted as moisturizing.

ladyfey
July 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I'm writing these down, thanks all! :)

Nae
July 14th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Olive and Babassu as well. I think my hair is pretty normal, as in neither oily or dry. I also love Carrot Milk and Honey and I have really been loving Ayurvedic Herb lately.

meganb990
July 14th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Rosemary lavender and nettle were my favs I haven't used them in a awhile I have dry end hair and oily scalp.

BlazingHeart
July 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I've only used Summer Sunshine, as I really enjoy the smell and the softness I get from it. I've got neither dry nor oily hair, with a sensitive scalp.

rhosyn_du, what is SCH?

~Blaze

rhosyn_du
July 14th, 2011, 06:15 PM
SCH is Sweet Creek Herbs, another shampoo bar maker.

BlazingHeart
July 14th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ah, thanks! I'm having a dull-brained day, I think. I couldn't come up with what the SC stood for, even though I got the H for Herbs. *facepalm*

LornaDoone
July 14th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I like several of the CV bars, but my favorites are the Carrot Milk and Honey bar, the Lavender and Spice bar and the Nettle bar. My scalp can get a bit oily and the Nettle bar is very cleansing. And I love the scent of the Lavender and Spice. :D

Lilli
July 15th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Chamomile Citrus. I have blonde hair, not dry, not oily, but very fine. It gives nice highlights and shine.

ladyfey
July 15th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Chamomile Citrus. I have blonde hair, not dry, not oily, but very fine. It gives nice highlights and shine.
That is the one I am using now! :) I like it too. I do want to try some others, they all sound so good.

perkidanman
July 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM
My fave so far is the Cafe Moreno. I love the lingering scent of the cloves and it gives my hair a nice rich color when I use it consistantly. Also it doesn't strip my hair of the precious, precious sebum.

CarpeDM
July 15th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Soapnuts and Sunflower!

georgia_peach
July 15th, 2011, 06:31 PM
OP: I'm waiting to receive the Honey, Beer and Egg and also the Mud & Clay shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley. (I don't think anyone has mentioned these in your thread yet.) I'll give them each a try just as soon as I receive them and will let you know how they work out!

Springlets
July 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I tried chamomile and citrus bar out of three other bars (Ayurvedic, carrot, and beer, I believe). The c&c was definitely best for my curls and then also it brought out highlights in my blonde hair. Didn't make it too brassy/warm either.

Viechen
July 15th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Does anyone have any tips as to which bar would be best for someone that is addicted to Henna? I am planning on ordering a few samples and would like to have a bar that enhances the color, shine and does not strip all that hard work :) MAybe something that coveres up the scent a bit as well? I hope I am not being to picky... hm, I wonder if they could make henna-bars? haha

Angel_099
July 15th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Forgive me if I misspell any of these, but I also really like the Olive Babassu, Carrot Milk & Honey, and Nettle. My hair is probably a little on the dry side.

hairwap
July 16th, 2011, 12:45 AM
Try Pantene

Try Sunsilk

Try herbal shampoos, Henna

georgia_peach
July 21st, 2011, 09:19 AM
As promised to the OP, I've gotten my new CV bars and tried the Mud & Clay last night. I have fine, thick hair that is normal but has been a little greasy due to the super hot weather here. The Mud & Clay bar was definitely very cleansing. Not that it dried my hair out or anything, but I recommend following up with conditioner on this one. Hope that helps!