PDA

View Full Version : Jojoba oil

ccmso12
July 14th, 2011, 05:29 AM
:cheese:Magic oil! Im in love! Recieved my order yesterday for Jojoaba oil any fine hair ladies using or tried it? Had a hell of a time finding an oil tat would soak in and leave my hair "slippery" but not oily looking at all. This stuff is well wirth the 18$ for the little 2.7 oz bottle.

Got home from work yesterday morning and did a SMT for my CO (OMG try using the Burts Bees Super Shiny conditioner with grapefruit and sugar beets), slept 6 hours during the day with it on then rinsed out---Loved the way my clean, soft hair felt!

BUT then hit the mailbox on the way to work and sitting theire is my box with my order for coconut oil and Jajoba oil . . . .Had no choice but to try to tear it open with a pen while driving . . . .then the choice was coconut or Jajoba????? Well the coconut would be hard to manage in its completely melted state so tried the jajoba.

Put 5 or 6 drops in my palm, rubbed togeather then "scrunched" into my hair. My icky waves turned into the prettiest soft ringlet curls. Defined and soft and no tangles.

First time I got complimented for how healthy my hair works and had 2 co-workers stroke me LOL

Thought on your Jajoba expierience?

Scarlet_Heart
July 14th, 2011, 05:43 AM
So glad you found something that works so well for you! There is definitely something to be said for those lighter oils. I use camellia oil which I understand is very similar to jojoba. I love it. It's so awesome when you find something that works so nicely in your hair. :)

QMacrocarpa
July 14th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'm glad you like the jojoba oil! I do too. And good news-- I think you can probably buy it for less. I've gotten it at Trader Joe's for maybe $7 for 4 oz. (Desert Essence brand).

vanillabones
July 14th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I love jojoba and coconut, they are my favorite :) and I have very fine hair. I got mine for less than that at whole foods, I think it was $10 for the little one and $10 for a big thing of coconut oil.

Alaia
July 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
My fine hair enjoyed Jojoba oil too. My bottle leaked everywhere though, and cocnut oil worked just as well for me and it's cheaper and more readily available so I tend to buy huge vats of it, and I haven't bought jojoba since.

kitcatsmeow
July 14th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I LOVE Jojoba. Its my every oil!

curlymarcia
July 14th, 2011, 01:01 PM
For those fine haired, is jojoba oil better than sweet almond oil. I'm curious about jojoba, but I have a lot of almond oil (and it works on me).

vanillabones
July 14th, 2011, 01:30 PM
For those fine haired, is jojoba oil better than sweet almond oil. I'm curious about jojoba, but I have a lot of almond oil (and it works on me).

I am not sure... I don't plan on rebuying jojoba since it is expensive and coconut works better for me but I did have my sister try the sweet almond oil on her fine hair since I know lightweight hair seems to like sweet almond oil around here, so I should ask her how it's going :) I plan to try it once I'm ever out of jojoba.

Zesty
July 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I love jojoba oil. It's the only oil I've tried so far because it works so well! Makes my hair soft, shiny, and while it's not as good as 'cones at keeping tangles at bay, it does help with that too. I recently bought 4oz for about $8.50 on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Jojoba-Pure-ounce/dp/B0009NBCXC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310673753&sr=8-2). Maybe you should look into that, since you paid way more than I did for less oil.

Aisha
July 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Another fine-hair (wurly & curly as well) here who loves jojoba! I've laid off it a bit since I tried sweet almond oil (which I also love), mostly because I use the jojoba as my facial moisturizer so I'm trying to save it for that.

Also, as someone else mentioned, you can probably find it for a lot cheaper. I got an organic 4oz bottle (by Aura Cacia Organics) at Henry's for $13 and change. It's normally $17, but was on sale when I bought it.

whisper
July 14th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I use it every day on wet hair, over a layer of aloe gel.

curly girl fla
July 14th, 2011, 08:01 PM
FYI, you can get quality organic jojoba at here (http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/jojoba-8.htm) fairly cheap: large 8 oz. bottle for $14.75 + shipping. I use it for my skin, and it seems to last forever. I do need to try it on hair since I love camellia oil.

prettykitty
July 14th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Jojoba is magic, my hair loves it (especially mixed with a little AVG) but I think my skin loves it even better!

clarinette
July 14th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I love it :D I have a small bottle but I'll have to get more very soon , since I've taken the habit of oiling myself from head to toe with it (silky skin , the oil is quite dry, it's awesome)...there is no real smell to it so it's the best moisturizer ever, I can wear my perfume without interference....And my hair loves it (it's very fine so I have to go lightly, even with jojoba).

clarinette
July 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260803841557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
(for all you guys paying 20 dollars for it....it's 3 euros (without shipping) for 50 ml here)
oh: edit: they only ship to europe for now...

hyettf16
July 15th, 2011, 12:39 AM
There is jojoba in my shampoo and conditioner. Called Suave professionals almOnd and Shea butter

ccmso12
July 15th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Jojoba is magic, my hair loves it (especially mixed with a little AVG) but I think my skin loves it even better!

Whats AVG??
:confused:

blue_nant
July 15th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I love my jojoba oil! Never have fallen out of love with it, although I did learn that it should only be applied to wet or slightly wet hair, never dry.

I add a couple drops of my favorite essential oil (clove) to the small puddle of jojoba in my palm.

It so rocks!

Arianoor
July 15th, 2011, 10:26 PM
I've been using the Desert Essence brand for about a week on fine hair. I'm not a huge fan of the smell right out of the bottle, but it seems to be working its magic! I am definitely less frizzy and with the CWC regime I've switched to, my hair is looking a 100% better than two weeks ago!

Bohemian Haze
July 16th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Must try this....thanks Clarinette for that link :)

SoulOfTheSea
July 19th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Jojoba oil for life!! :rockerdud

liagibba
July 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Whats AVG??
:confused:

Aloe Vera Gel :)