PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite thing about your hair?

Kristamommyx3
July 13th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Obviously we are all here out of mutual interest in hair, ours and basically everyone else's, too! :D
I was wondering, what is your favorite thing, or two or three about your own hair. It could be in general, or just at certain lengths. Whatever makes it worth your effort to take good care of it.

I will go first and say that I think my hair's best feature is how super duper soft it is. I find my hand petting my head all the time! Lol. It's also really glossy, with nice highlights.

Ok, your turn, and please NO complaints, just positive hair energy please!!! :)

JellyBene
July 13th, 2011, 10:11 PM
I love how straight my hair is! I had straight har all my life and HATED it until my puberty years when it got frizzy/curly and I missed my straight hair terribly, I thought it was gone forever but when I turned 16 it finally cam back and I have never taken it for granted again!

monsterna
July 13th, 2011, 10:18 PM
My color. I used to dye it all the time as a teenager. Now it's virgin except the last 4-5 inches which have highlights, but they aren't even noticeable anymore. I like the color a lot.

Freitzeit
July 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM
My favorite thing is the natural dark streak at my crown. Everyone thinks it's dye, but I've always had it. I also like the thick hemline I got from cutting off most of my layers. I catch myself admiring it whenever I pass a mirror :-D

bigred199
July 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM
My color. Some of it's henna, some of it's natural, but I like the overall effect. Especially in the sun!

fluffybunny
July 13th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Right now I'd say the variety of texture and wave. It's different in different parts of my head plus it just changes day to day from weather.

RitaPG
July 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
It's shiny and soft (thanks to LHC) and doesn't really have a lot of bad days :cloud9:

UltraBella
July 13th, 2011, 10:53 PM
My thickness and volume. I like having a lot of hair :)

MagicAndMayhem
July 13th, 2011, 10:56 PM
I really like my texture and thickness a lot :)

Tabihito
July 13th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I love how soft it is. It's insanely fine, and looks rather pathetic braided, but it feels so nice and soft and lovely.

~Jenny^-^~
July 13th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I really like that my hair gets natural highlights from sunlight. I like looking at pictures from around August when my hair looked like it had professional highlights done...nope, just by God. :) I also like that my hair does not do what heat styling tools want it to do. Lol :D This took me a long time to appreciate but now since I don't use heat my hair is thanking me by being healthier. :)

Loreley
July 14th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I like the length, thickness and shine. :)

inty
July 14th, 2011, 01:26 AM
I like my hair texture and how water makes it re-curl easily.
If I want perfect spirals, all I have to do is to wet my hair and let it dry.

Nev
July 14th, 2011, 07:19 AM
I love my loose waves, my hair looks beachy :) plus i dont think i've ever had a bad hair day.

skyblue
July 14th, 2011, 07:23 AM
I love my dark color, and how long it's getting!
I am know in unknown territory!!

AlexiaBlue
July 14th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I love my wurls/curls! After years and years of trying to straighten them by any means possible, I FINALLY love and appreciate the hair that God gave me! :)

ZeppHead
July 14th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I like how straight it is. I love long simple hippie styles so I love that I can just shower and let it be and it dries perfectly. I have practically no frizz and I love the color. I have colored my hair up until maybe two years ago and when I started to see my natural color again, I realized I love it.

Wavelin
July 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I like that my hair is quite thick and has quite thick individual hairs. It's not that fragile, I can do a lot to/with it, and has NO split ends.

RitaCeleste
July 14th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I like that my hair is strong. I love coloring it, so if it wasn't strong I'd be up the creek without a paddle.

JuliaDancer
July 14th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I love my hair's volume and strength and color! Before joining LHC this year, I used to blow dry, and luckily didn't suffer many split ends for it.

Arianoor
July 14th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I love the shine and the color, it has blondes and reds and browns and really sparkles in the sun.

slz
July 14th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Length - Captain Obvious, to the rescue !

QueenJoey
July 14th, 2011, 09:04 AM
My hair has always been super soft, even before LHC. I love touching it, and getting compliments when other people touch it.

Also, my virgin hair color was very pretty, I can't wait to get it back.

elbow chic
July 14th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I like its colors. Lot of variation going on in there, everything from near-white to a nice honey shade. DH says it is very easy to pick me out of a crowd.

Also the wave, particularly the underlayer where it's a fabulous 2c. (uh, canopy, could you maybe think about getting with that program? no? ok, fine.)

I should also like the thickness but right now I feel like the sheer volume of it is kind of suffocating me. Here's hoping Big Hair is fixing to come back into style. :p

turquoisebud
July 14th, 2011, 09:14 AM
My favorite thing about my hair is the color! I love being blonde, and with all the blonde jokes (in America, that is) I think some people are just jealous of us blondes! :p I'm just kidding, I love brunette hair too, but it's not for me.

kamikaze hair
July 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
i love my hair's softness. My hair is fine and really soft. Most people when they go to touch it are drawn in by the curls, but then realise how soft it really is.

:poot:

Blandine
July 14th, 2011, 10:00 AM
I love being able to do 50 or so different styles with it, and learning additional new ones all the time.

GoatLady
July 14th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Right now I am loving my hair's color. I henna my gray roots and after this last application (using lemon juice and rooibos to mix the powder) my hair color is just lovely. Rich and shiny. :)

xoxophelia
July 14th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Hmm
-that my natural hair texture looks like the loose beachy waves that have been popular
-that it is soft
-good for head banging :)

Olafwa
July 14th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Things I love about my hair: Length (of course), it's past classic now! :p I have good volume and thin hair, so it still doesn't give me head problems unless I put it in a bun. My color is a dark brown that looks almost black in bad light and slightly red in the sun. All in all, I love most things about my hair. :crush:

Helix
July 14th, 2011, 11:47 AM
My favorite thing about my hair is the jedi mind tricks it plays on people :luke:

One minute it looks neck length (shrunken), the next it's past my shoulders (stretched).

It's also a shape-shifter that holds styles for a long time without product. I like that it can go from kinky 4 to 3 (rod/rollersets) to 2 (bantu-knot/braid waves) to 1 (flat-ironed) and just add water to get back to kinky.

It's deceptively soft because my strands are so fine in diameter. The coils are so tiny they can't be seen by the naked eye, but they sure are fun to feel.

The artsy side of me likes the sculptural, textured cloud look it has in its shrunken state. My bro says I have final fantasy hair because of the floaty movement it has in the wind (when stretched/straight).

The science geek in me just loves that it gives gravity the finger (Like "here's what I think of your theory, Newton!"). Yep, she's a feisty one that hair is...sometimes we get along, sometimes we dont but I have learned to respect her or pay the consequences.

Amber_Maiden
July 14th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Probably the thickness and volume- I have lots and lots of hair!!! :)

Kristamommyx3
July 14th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I love everyone's responses! Helix, yours especially gave me a giggle! :D

PianoPlaye
July 14th, 2011, 03:26 PM
I love all the possibilities of long hair. I love trying ideas off the cuff, and laughing at the obviously "right idea, now go read the manual & Care for the Hair" results.
I'm also pleased with the colour. There's several blondes, various spices, a few greys & silvers & whites & a fair bit of variegated dun. All virgin. (I plan to play with honey this month, as there's a family wedding coming up.)

kidari
July 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I love that it grows fast and how shiny it is.

emma907
July 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM
The fact that I have it! Alopecia is scary, so appreciate more than ever what I have!

clairenewcastle
July 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
The one thing I've always liked about my hair has been the colour, even though I went through a l-o-n-g phase of dying it - during which time I like my dyed colour as much as my natural colour!

Zesty
July 14th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I actually really like my hair. It's soft, and shiny, and I like the subtle color changes throughout. I like that it's on the thick side. I like its shy waviness. And I like that it's predictable. If I wash and wear (which is pretty much all I do), it never gives me any bad surprises. It's always its lovely familiar self.

meganb990
July 14th, 2011, 05:34 PM
the waves/curls, the thickness, lhc has helped me to embrace my hair its in its natural form.

MissManda
July 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I've always loved that I have fine, thick hair because it makes nice braids and the weight of it is very reassuring. It's also ultra-soft and shiny and looks nice straight, but takes to waves and curls very well, too.

I love my hair so much, and it's all thanks to the support and inspiration here at LHC. :cheese:

BlazingHeart
July 14th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I love that my hair is virtually indestructable and requires very little in the way of care. I mostly love its thickness (though not being able to do most updos despite waist length hair is a little irksome). I love the sheer variety of color I have - if I want to look different, I just need to part it on the other side and it's suddenly much darker. I love the shine - part of its virtually indestructable nature is the fact that it has shampoo-commercial shine with just shampoo and conditioner. My favorite thing, though, may be how easy my hair is - few tangles, few splits, little need for work or special consideration.

...I'll also admit that I do love the compliments my hair garners me. I know it's one of my best features, and it seems other people do, too.

~Blaze

gthlvrmx
July 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM
The color is beautiful to me, perfect :) I love the lights and the dark browns. I absolutely adore the curls i have, tubular! Jaja :) It's not super frizzy and not hard to detangle, it's fairly strong and can survive through some harsh handling, and it grows back very well :) Plus, even if i do seem to shed a lot sometimes, i see a TON of new growth. Thank heavans my hair grows faster than i thought. :p
It's very soft, nice and thick in the back :)

wickwiit
July 14th, 2011, 07:24 PM
I love the pitch black color it is from henna and indigo. I love my sisterlocs, never ever thought I'd have hair down to there...that wasn't store bought!

boomtownrat
July 14th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I love the silver colour of my hair and the fact that I have a lot of it.

Sama
July 14th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I love the way long hair lengthens my face. I had short hair for years, convinced after hearing so many people say that short hair looks better when you have a round face. Short hair made my "moon-pie" face look even rounder.

More than anything, I think I love my long hair most of all because I missed it so much when my hair was short. I am so happy that I finally quit cutting my hair and grew it out!! :happydance:

auburn
July 14th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I like the texture of my hair the most. It's strong and silky.

and I LOOOVE the fact that it's straight, cause that means it's shiny without effort.

Plumeria
July 15th, 2011, 02:37 AM
I love the fact that it`s growing really fast :D. (I have a real problem with having patience :lol:)

Hairfreaky
July 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Most of all, I love it's length!:D

But I also love the colour of my hair, and it's texture. And... I hardly ever have split ends!

Nothing is perfect, and I really wish it was a little thicker.:rolleyes:

pretty wings
July 15th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I love how soft and shinny it is.
I love the natural thickness and volume kinky hair has.
I love that my hair looks great with and can hold braids or twists with little to no need for hair bands and toys... even though I like them for decoration. :)
I love that my hair is incredibly easy to shape and mold into pretty much whatever I want even without heat. One day it's kinky, the next wavy or curly, and a few days later almost straight.
I love playing with my coils ALL the time.
I love that basically neglecting my hair helps it to thrive!

jacqueline101
July 15th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I have to say my soft texture and shine. My natural color and my thickness.

Kristamommyx3
July 15th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I'm so happy to read so many positive comments! That's a lot of hair love! :cheese:

Helix
July 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM
I love everyone's responses! Helix, yours especially gave me a giggle! :D

Heheh. I'm a crazy dame I'll admit. :silly:

Keller1128
July 15th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I love my strawberry blondeness!!!

tinywife
July 15th, 2011, 08:16 PM
It took a lot of work, but...it's soft and damage free. :)

SarahKayfa
July 16th, 2011, 01:05 AM
I have silky, shiny, soft, hair.

hairwap
July 16th, 2011, 01:07 AM
The feel of long hair is the best I can think

Also the feel of thick hair running on one's body and the tightness when tied up in briad or pony

To feel hair through your fingurs is also great

Longer it gets and heavier the head feels is another amazing feeling

Shapoo through hands is also a nice feel

C.H.
July 16th, 2011, 01:45 AM
I'm going to have to say the number one thing I like best about my hair is that it is naturally very glossy.

Other things I like about my hair:

I really enjoy the color, it's a very dark brown which really shows off the glossiness while also having gold and reddish tones that give it richness and depth.

My hair has a lot of body. It always looks full and voluminous and has nice shape and movement even though in reality it's not all that thick.

Recently, something I've come to appreciate is how easily my hair can rock different textures. I can have textured, spirals, soft curls, carefree waves, or straight without too much effort and it looks good in all these forms.

I quite like my hair, actually.

Curly Hermione
July 16th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I like how having curls means i can have lots of different looks, depending on how I style it/what products i use it can be longer, looser ringlets or crazy voluminous spirals that look really thick and cool.
Another good thing about my curls is that i don't think frizz is that noticable, i don't get it that much, but i suppose frizz just blends easier with curls. I think we got a fair trade with straighties though, ours frizzes more but it isn't such a big deal, but theirs doesn't get as frizzy (i think! correct me if i'm wrong!).
Don't get me wrong, i sometimes wish i could have straight hair so it would be easier to tell it what to do and be more compliant, but i think i would eventually miss the crazyness of my hair. I quite like that it has a mind of it's own, i just have to work around it rather than the other way around.

wildedove
July 16th, 2011, 08:09 AM
My goldish brown streaks around my head. Its pretty cool since I have med. brown hair.

DarkSky
July 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I'd have to say that I finally love my natural hair colour which is black. Also I like how I don't easily get split ends and hair damage. Plus my hair grows well. I'm not a huge fan of my natural curls but I do try to embrace them every now and then.

Asahinasan
July 16th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I love how soft my hair is, I'm constantly touching and petting it, and I can't WAIT till its longer so I can do it a bit more subtlety!

Pixna
July 16th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I love how fluffy my hair is. It looks much thicker than it actually is because of the fluffiness, so I have the benefit of thick-looking hair without it being heavy.

Rtzgrl
July 16th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I would have to say that my favorite thing about my hair is that it's still there! I was seriously worried that it would thin out to practically nothing now that I'm approaching menopause, as that's what my Mom's hair did. So far, though, I think it's actually getting thicker! The silver/white hairs mixed in with the blonde are really pretty, too.

Henrietta
July 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Great idea, the one with positive hair energy! :flower:
I like it's colours, which change with light. And the way my face looks when framed by my hair. And shine! :)

darklyndsea
July 18th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I like how consistent my hair is. I don't really have good hair days or bad hair days (well, okay, if I completely drop my routine, I'm pretty sure I'll have a bad hair day, but since my routine consists of brushing my hair and showering, I don't think that'll be much of a problem...), so I always know how my hair's going to act. It's not always a good thing, since (for instance) it means I can't walk out to my car with my hair down and not have to brush it again, but at least I know how it's going to act and know when to compensate for that. No surprises, whoo!

Quezie
July 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I like how healthy it is after all the hell I put it through (bleaching, dying). shudder:
It's very resilient.

Also, I like how shiny it is naturally.

brielle87
July 18th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I love never having to worry about a "bad hair day". I comb my hair out every morning, coil it up into a chignon and I am on my way. In the evening I take it down, comb it out, braid it and I am Rapunzel for the night. No worrying about "bed-head" in the morning.

Finghin
July 18th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I love how thick it is. I used to hate it when I was young and had really short 'dos because it was always poofed up. Now I'm pretty excited about its potential

SoulOfTheSea
July 18th, 2011, 11:34 PM
My natural ombre and my natural wavy texture on good days :) I have the ultimate boho-beach hair, without trying! (On good days mind you lol, other days it can be a poofy mess D: )

eternalknot
July 21st, 2011, 03:05 AM
I love how straight my hair is! I had straight har all my life and HATED it until my puberty years when it got frizzy/curly and I missed my straight hair terribly, I thought it was gone forever but when I turned 16 it finally cam back and I have never taken it for granted again!

I used to hate how straight my hair was - it wouldn't hold a perm, it wouldn't stand straight up like everyone else's even with ungodly amounts of Aqua Net ... I hated it.

Now I love it. 'Course now it's getting kinky as the grays creep in. Grass, greener, yada yada yada.

TheCaityCat
July 21st, 2011, 03:54 AM
I think the texture of my hair is my favorite. It's fine and very silky. This makes it hard for me to use elastics and regular barrettes, but it's really shiny and soft to the touch. Besides, I don't like to use elastics so that's no real loss.