PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to do this?

claymoregalatea
July 13th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I really love her hair! *thud!!*
Does anyone know how she did it? Or is it an artist's illusion? Zoom right up. :)

vanity_acefake
July 13th, 2011, 08:30 PM
It looks like a crown braid that is looser towards her ears.
I love her ears. I always wanted pointy ears.
Love the pictures hair.

BlazingHeart
July 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, crown braid across the top (maybe a fishtail?), beads strung onto the hair that you see at the farthest left of the image, high pony in the back, lots of feathery short layers.

Honestwitness
July 13th, 2011, 08:59 PM
I don't know about the hairdo, but this pic makes me not feel so bad about my gargantuan ears any more.

claymoregalatea
July 13th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I don't know about the hairdo, but this pic makes me not feel so bad about my gargantuan ears any more.

Good to know. ;)

And I think her hair must be really thick to be able to do all that...Her crown braid is so confusing, it looks like there was some samll rope braids at the front too. Maybe the long ringlets can be done by a straightener?

Lunnafindel
July 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I think it's 2 small braids wrapped over in a headband and tucked back, then 2 fat braids started right behind the headband, partially braided and then left loose/curled at the ends. Then there's a part-ponytail in the back.
Technically a version IS possible, but it wouldn't look nearly as good, especially since you'd have to have longer hair somewhere in the middle of your head than anywhere else, and I've never seen anyone in real life with that much volume of hair.
Generally I wouldn't advice trying anime hairstyles, just as I wouldn't advice aspiring to an anime body-shape. (unless of course you actually have a 10 inch waist and DD cups...) They're just too awesome for real life. It'd be fun to try the headband/part-ponytail thing though. Give it a shot!

kahill
July 13th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Well, it's certainly an artist's illustration, but if you have REALLY thick and layered hair, you could probably pull it off. Looks like several small braids used as a headband, with a high pony and two beaded side ponies, with the remainder long.

If you're into those sorts of bangs, it'd be cool, but I just wouldn't be able to cut into my hair that way...

claymoregalatea
July 13th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I think it's 2 small braids wrapped over in a headband and tucked back, then 2 fat braids started right behind the headband, partially braided and then left loose/curled at the ends. Then there's a part-ponytail in the back.
Technically a version IS possible, but it wouldn't look nearly as good, especially since you'd have to have longer hair somewhere in the middle of your head than anywhere else, and I've never seen anyone in real life with that much volume of hair.
Generally I wouldn't advice trying anime hairstyles, just as I wouldn't advice aspiring to an anime body-shape. (unless of course you actually have a 10 inch waist and DD cups...) They're just too awesome for real life. It'd be fun to try the headband/part-ponytail thing though. Give it a shot!

Thanks Lunnafindel, really clears up the eyestrain figuring out what she had done. I really want to try the crown braid thing when my hair is longer, but I doubt I would have enough hair left for the part pony at the back! She must have iiiiiiiiiiiiiii thick hair. :D

Raiscake
July 14th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Off-topic, but Tyrygosa? On LHC? This thread is officially awesome. I love World of Warcraft. :D

IndigoAsh
July 14th, 2011, 06:09 AM
I think it looks like two criss-crossing crown braids over the top, the ends left unbraided at the ears. Hair cuffs used to hold the pinned braids into ponies, and a pony tail at the back of the head, also with a cuff. Lower portions of the hair look left down and excluded from the braid in the back and braids on the sides. Looks interesting. I don't know who'd have that much hair to make it look half decent though in real life. Hopefully we see some pics of this on real people.

julliams
July 14th, 2011, 07:03 AM
This made me laugh out loud :p

I think it's a little braid across the top, taken from just below the ear and strung across like a headband. Then make a ponytail in the back with a little bit of hair, then take two braids on either side (again small accent braids) and thread beads etc through them. Curl the ends and done. Of course you would have to have hair that is like hip or thigh length mixed in with some APL hair, but I guess it's possible.

neko_kawaii
July 14th, 2011, 09:03 PM
LOL, reminds me of something I vaguely remember reading in one of the MegaTokyo books where the illustrator apologized for giving one of his characters a hairstyle that cosplay fans determined was not possible to do with a real head of hair.

claymoregalatea
July 14th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Oooh, really? :D Which character?

neko_kawaii
July 15th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Thumbing through a book. . . Something darkly cute this way comes. Tohya Miho. I think it had to do with the ribbons. Looking at it, it doesn't seem THAT hard.
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/6/11898.jpg
I guess the problem is just securing those ribbons.