PDA

View Full Version : Hair & Life Update

LittleOrca
July 13th, 2011, 07:13 PM
So, since this is the hair forum, I suppose the most important piece of this would be to be like "Hey everybody! Look at my hair!" That is, of course, after I say hi again. I know I have not been active. Life has been hard for a bit. School took it's tole on me, then Mr. Orca moved cross country and moved in with me (which is good!), and other things happened. But first... the hair...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=2521&pictureid=107805

Here is my hair as of July 10, 2011. You can tell it was a bit windy, but my hair has grown nicely since my trim in March, in which I lost about 3 inches. I found a nice shampoo that is organic, but I still use my typical Garnier or Aussie conditioners as they seem to work the best for my hair in it's current state of being two-toned. The dark (natural) hair does not like the heavy cones as much as the gold (dyed) hair does and I am thinking I might need to change things up once I am all natural again. I will probably head in for a trim again in either December or put it off until March and make it a once-a-year thing until the gold is gone. I am still unsure.

Now, onto the life updates:

On July 1, Maximum Overdrive (Max), our 15 yr old Dalmatian, was put to sleep. Prior, we took care of him and helped him get around and he was still eating and using the bathroom and not showing us he was in any pain, so we let him live his life. However, that day he collapsed and we took him to the vet. She said he was in really bad shape. My sister, Mr. Orca, and I sat with him as the vet put him to sleep. Our stepdad could not handle it and left us alone. When Max passed, rust-colored fluids came from his mouth and nose. The vet gently pet Max as he died and told us, all that was in his lungs and that we had done the best we could for him. She is our primary vet and she knows all our dogs and has been with us for a long time. The little wiener dogs were most confused when Max did not come home with us and were very mopey for a week or so afterwards. My mother, however, told me later that they seemed to perk up and were sitting up and licking the air, as though they were licking the face of Max as they had done so in life. Since that incident, the dachshunds have been a little better and still seem to interact with a large dog that none of us humans can see.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/165585_737300242438_19707057_40388260_5844673_n.jp g

Overall, things are getting better so I hope to be more active here in the hair world soon. Oh, and if any of my local hairy peeps were at the Oregon Country Fair this year and saw a unicorn on Saturday... hi! ;)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268935_884979117788_19707057_41672802_7721273_n.jp g

Carolyn
July 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM
It's so good to see you back on the boards again. You and your hair are looking fabulous!

I am so sorry about Max :grouphug: He was lucky to have you. I'm sure your little dogs can feel his presence still with you. He was so beautiful.

QueenJoey
July 13th, 2011, 08:10 PM
welcome home! Your hair is gorgeous. Your Max was gorgeous, too.

vanity_acefake
July 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Hi again LittleOrca.
You and your hair are looking fabulous.
Great news about Mr Orca.
Very sad news about Max. It's so painful when we loose a truly loved pet. I am certain he had the most loved and happy life with you and your family.
:grouphug:

ZeppHead
July 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I recently lost my old faithful friend too. He was going on 14 and I can understand the heartbreak. I am very sorry for your loss.

MagicAndMayhem
July 13th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Welcome back! That's heartbreaking to hear about Max, maybe the invisible larger dog is a sign that he is still with you in spirit.

justgreen
July 13th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Welcome back....Max is running free with our dog Soup and Spidey's dog Sable. :flowers:

lilravendark
July 13th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Its always hard losing pets condolences lilorca its nice to know he is still with you in spirit :-) beautiful hair as always also your weight loss is so inspirational as I am battling the bulge too looking great!

ericthegreat
July 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Hey LittleOrca, its great to hear from you again after such a long absence. You don't need to hear yet again how much I:thudpile: over your hair.

I am so sorry to hear about your dog Max. He was beautiful. I hope he's having an endless buffet of steaks up there. :cloud9:

pepperminttea
July 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Good to see you around again, you were missed. Your hair looks beautiful!

I'm so sorry about Max. I bet he had an amazing life with you. :grouphug:

pixiestar
July 14th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Beautiful hair littleorca:)
I'm sorry to hear about Max, love to you and mr orca.

Lisa R
July 14th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Welcome back!

Your hair is looking beautiful:)

I was so sad to read you had to put Max to sleep. I'm so glad he had such caring and loving owners.

DavidN
July 14th, 2011, 03:34 AM
It is so good to see you back again, Little Orca, and thank you for popping in.

Of course, your hair looks fabulaous!

I am genuinely sorry about the loss of your dear Max, and I will offer hugs.:grouphug:

Alaia
July 14th, 2011, 04:10 AM
Nice to see you. Your hair looks lovely.

I'm sorry about Max. At least he isn't suffering now?

Unzadi
July 14th, 2011, 06:23 AM
So sorry to hear about Max's passing. I can tell he was one super-loved dog, now running free at the endless steak buffet.

Beautiful hair, as always, and congratulations on the new home for you and Mr Orca.

Sweetie
July 14th, 2011, 08:27 AM
So sad to hear your story - I can understand how you feel - I think when our pets pass away they stick around the people who've loved them like little angels.

Your hair looks gorgeous!

Intransigentia
July 14th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Glad you're back. Congratulations on the beautiful hair and moving in with Mr. Orca; my condolences on the loss of Max. I'm sure he knew he was greatly loved, and that's one of the best things any creature can have in life.

georgia_peach
July 14th, 2011, 02:58 PM
I've missed seeing your posts, LittleOrca! So glad you are back, and many condolences on the loss of Max.

jojo
July 14th, 2011, 03:38 PM
so sorry to hear about Max, its very hard when we lose one so loved.

Your hair is just looking great and your like the incredible shrinking woman. well done with the weightloss, that is fantastic!