PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple of questions

Quixotica
March 13th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Please forgive me if these have already been covered and I've foolishly overlooked them!

Can just anyone see our album photos, or is it like the old boards?

Also, how are the social groups created? Can anyone create them or does a mod have to do it?

Thanks!!!

mira-chan
March 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Please forgive me if these have already been covered and I've foolishly overlooked them!

Can just anyone see our album photos, or is it like the old boards?

Also, how are the social groups created? Can anyone create them or does a mod have to do it?

Thanks!!!

I believe albums are viewable to registered members with the same 60 days/100posts can see them if you put them as public. You can make it so only your contacts/friend can see them. Same with the blogs.

As far as I know social groups are created by mods but there is a thread where you can ask for them to be created.

Dianyla
March 14th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I believe albums are viewable to registered members with the same 60 days/100posts can see them if you put them as public. You can make it so only your contacts/friend can see them. Same with the blogs.
A correction:

Blogs and Photo Albums designated as "Public" are viewable to members with 25+ posts. Blogs/Photo albums designated as "Private" or "Contacts only" can only be seen by members who you've added to your Contact List.

As far as I know social groups are created by mods but there is a thread where you can ask for them to be created.
This is correct. :)

morningstar
March 15th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I has a couple of visitors to my page and once I checked them out one had 1 post and the other zero posts. If they can visit my page they can read my messages correct? They can see who my friends are etc... Not too private then? I thought only the members of 25 posts could see these pages.
Please direct me to the info on how to make this all private for me. I find it a little disturbing to see visitors that have zero or one post looking at my stuff.

dancingbarefoot
March 15th, 2008, 11:33 AM
When you say "your page" what exactly do you mean? Your blog? Your profile?

morningstar
March 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Sorry I guess I mean my profile which is not private right? I have been calling it my page since all my info is on it and everything is right in front of me like a table of contents.
Maybe my real question is: Can others view my profile and what do they see with zero posts or even 1? I am sorry if this info is somewhere it I just feel nervous that I am seeing people visit my profile that I have not heard of before. Perhaps this has happened before and I was just not aware of it?

dancingbarefoot
March 15th, 2008, 11:56 AM
The profile permissions are exactly the same as they were before the forum crashed:

unregistered users (i.e., guests) cannot see profiles
registered users can see profiles, even if they have 0 posts

It'd be a bit unfair if new members couldn't see profiles. It helps them get to know others (and conversely, we learn about them when they start to participate).

I'd say that there's about the same level of profile visitors as before. People are constantly checking out other people's profiles, and almost always for perfectly innocuous reasons.

morningstar
March 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Your right dancingbarefoot. And also I think I am being a little paranoid with all the newness. I actually visited the new person with one post and welcomed them.
I guess I haven't figured out how to keep my blog and album private yet and I am concerned.

Leisha
March 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think it's a bit strange to suddenly be able to see who has looked at your profile!

I was hanging around and clicked on someones profile, and then I saw another username that seemed interesting and clicked on that (thus going to that person's profile), then I saw a username I recognised from looong ago so I went to their profile etc....

Then I realised all these people could see I had been looking at their profile, right? And I though "Oh no I hope they don't find it weird/disturbing I've been on their profile page"
I wouldn't like to freak anyone out :o (I'm not a new member of course so I hope no one would be too freaked out :lol: )

Anyway, I think looking at someone's profile is quite (very) innocent. It's just that we're suddenly actually seeing that there are in fact people that look at our profiles, whereas before you didn't really know or think about it, I guess?

Hmm ok I'm not that great at explaining myself so I'll just stop here :D

PatGear
March 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Yes, that and the fact that there's so much to see on people's profiles now. Before I never visited any profile pages....even my own! Now there are so many reasons to do it.