PDA

View Full Version : Can do more with shorter hair

butterflycayton
July 13th, 2011, 01:40 PM
I think I could do more with my hair when it was about apl. Now grazing waist, it seems so heavy and i can do braids or bun with a stick. I seems more trouble than its worth now. maybe part if is its been so hot this summer and all this thick heavy hair makes me hotter even though its put up. I don't wear it down cause it gets in my way. So really thinking about cutting it:eek: I thought I wanted really long hair but about to decide shorter is more practical for me. Love reading with you all, I'll still hang out if thats ok?

ratgirldjh
July 13th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I definitely feel the same way and recently I cut my several inches from waist hair to a chin length bob!!! I just got tired of wearing the same old style - buns with a hair stick... However now I can't use my hair toys at all!!! Well, I can use pins and clips - but it is really different!!! I love it though :)

UltraBella
July 13th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Me too ! I cut from TBL to BSL and I absolutely love it. I thought part of me would be sad and miss it but I don't at all. I am enjoying it so much.
Good luck and don't forget to post pics !!!!

Zesty
July 13th, 2011, 02:48 PM
If that's what's right for you and your hair, then I'm glad you've figured it out. :) Best of luck, and please do post pics! Even if your hair isn't too long, you could still gain a lot from things on this board.

I personally have found it to be the opposite... I can do lots more things with my hair now than I could when it was shorter (and it has been very short). There are so many styles I'm playing with. But not everyone's hair is that way, and I completely understand the convenience factor. I think a lot of longhairs sometimes get annoyed with the heaviness/heat/in-the-way-ness of long hair -- including myself.

Anje
July 13th, 2011, 03:06 PM
I suspect the heat's getting to you, partially. Try a style with a part, like two dutch braids. Or heck, do 4 or 5 dutch braids running down your head, to give you more exposed scalp. I've had a friend or two since jr. high that would corner me and have me style their hair this way for camping trips and other summer stuff, because it's much cooler.

If nothing else, take two weeks to think about it before you cut.

Oh, and you're welcome to stick around, even if you decide that shorter hair is right for you. People don't get kicked out of this forum for cutting their hair or even shaving it off.

pink.sara
July 13th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I get how you feel, having gone form classic to chin, but if it's the heat and the summer try having 2 buns, and waiting 2 weeks before you chop. But if you decide it's for you then good luck with your new style :)
I loved Waist and loved chin but everything between the two and longer than waist wasn't quite right, the ability to wrap it all up with nothing more than a pencil was dead useful.
Either way I hope you find what works for you :)

Arianoor
July 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I usually get to waist and then chop off a foot or more when I get pissed off in the heat. I've done it something like four times. I love that I can do more with it and everyone compliments me, but I can't wait to get back to "normal" every time!