PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed ASAP...Relaxing my self induced curlies

kitcatsmeow
July 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ok so if I didn't have to go to work tonight I could totally turn this into an awesome updo but I'm not allowed to wear my hair up and well, what I have right now is SUPER curlies. Looks like a fresh perm lol. I used the bandanna snake wave method but I think I did too many! :laugh: It's actually a little amusing (again...I need to concentrate on the fact that I need to look polished for work tonight)

I can wash it but then I'd have to blow dry and prob use the curling iron a little since my hair would take forever to dry and fix. So....HELP!

lapispimpernel
July 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Dampen and english/rope braid? :confused:

C.H.
July 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Dampen or oil and put it in a very smooth tight bun like a lazy wrap. After a few hours being stretched out like this, it should loose a good deal of its curl.

Anje
July 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Seems strange that your workplace doesn't allow updos.... They're practically required for me.

But I'll second the "moisten and bun" suggestion. That should help stretch them back out.

kitcatsmeow
July 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I ended up first trying my curling iron. Failed!

Washed and starting over. ahhh well.

Note to self....DO not try new things unless I know I can wear it up for at least a day or two. Doh!

Thanks for the tips though everyone. I'll keep that filed away just in case ;)

Oh and I work at a nightclub so yeah, hair has to be down.

emelnd
July 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Why couldn't you wear your hair curly, did it look messy?

Kaelee
July 13th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Wow, that's a strange requirement, I'm surprised, even for a night club.

I think I would object to that as much or more than a lot of people object to the 'hair up' requirement. :lol: then again, my hair tends to annoy me when it's down, and tangles a lot. And sometimes no matter what I do, it just does NOT behave itself when worn down, at ALL.