PDA

View Full Version : How do you dilute shampoo but keep it on the roots only?

pelicano
July 13th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Sorry if this is world's stupidest question, but I've always wondered when people talk on here about diluting their shampoo. I mostly don't shampoo the length (other than what travels down there in the rinsing), but I can't help but think that if I were to dilute my shampoo I'd end up with an even amount on the scalp and on the length? Or doesn't it matter much, since it's already diluted?

Thanks for any help. :)

newbeginning
July 13th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure if there's a "correct" way of doing it. I've been trying this recently. I put some shampoo in my hand and dilute it with some water. I then just apply it to my scalp, massage it in gently and then rinse it out. I figure as it rinses it goes down the length but it is a small amount since I applied it directly to the scalp to begin with.

Fencai
July 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
some of us put it in a little squirt bottle to direct it, and you have a little better control that way. You still get some run down, but not as much as you might think. (at least for me when I used to use shampoo)

rusika1
July 13th, 2011, 06:36 AM
some of us put it in a little squirt bottle to direct it, and you have a little better control that way. You still get some run down, but not as much as you might think. (at least for me when I used to use shampoo)

Yep, squirt bottle with a pointed tip, apply directly to scalp.

pelicano
July 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Ah I see - thanks. Will have to get hold of one of those!