PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to go darker...

JessTheMess
June 24th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I would like to go a little bit darker than my current hair color. A few months ago I dyed my hair soft black. It was perfect, but recently it's been getting more chestnut in color. I was wondering if anybody knows what I could use to color it again. I don't want to go chemical, because I don't want to damage any more of my hair. I've been debating using some kind of henna, but I don't want it red. Someone suggested indigo/ henna combo, but I've never used it before and I don't want it to look blue/black, it'll make me look to ruddy. ANy suggestions? My friend says to soak my hair in coffee, but I've never heard of that before.

burns_erin
June 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I have heard of coffee with widely varying results. There are some herb teas that may help, like rosemary and sage. But I do not think anything is going to get you as dark as you want except either commercial dyes or henna+indigo. H4H goes into how to get the appropriate colors and there are a few threads under the naturals & Mixes. You might try "experimenting with henna and indigo".

Siava
June 24th, 2008, 12:24 PM
H4H goes into how to get the appropriate colors and there are a few threads under the naturals & Mixes. You might try "experimenting with henna and indigo".

Strand tests are great for this. Just keep stashes of the hairs in your brush and/or comb so you don't have to cut any from yourself. :) Experimenting is fun!

JessTheMess
June 24th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Thank You ! I'm going to look into some henna experimenting >:)