PDA

View Full Version : Hillarious Hair Stories.

AshleyTheRed
July 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
One day I went to wake my mom and ex-step dad up for breakfast.
My mom has hip length hair and her ex husband had tailbone length hair.

They both sat up at the same time, but as soon as they stood up.... They slammed back down, smacking their skulls together. *SMACK*
:shocked:
They were both okay, but apparently their hair had mated during the night. (I never questioned how :tmi:) I watched laughing as they very carefully moved to the mirror with their heads together and, waited an hour for them to use a comb comb to untangle their hair. :drama: Through all the cussing and fighting they agreed my mom would wear her hair in a bun from now on. :slap:

This has happened to me although not as bad. At a sleepover my cousin and I got our hair caught together. We realized when I tried to roll over. :mad: It was a quick fix, and I now sleep with my hair in a braid.
Has this ever happened to any of you? any other funny stories?

DoubleCrowned
July 13th, 2011, 07:31 AM
My kitty was in bed with me and decided to groom my hair. My hair was too long for him to lick by starting at the root and moving his head. His solution was to lick as far as he could with one motion, then hold the "cleaned" hair down with his paw, put his head back in a starting position, and do another pass--all without losing tongue contact. I could feel the lick, hold, l-i-i-i-i-i-i-ick…

Ligeia_13
July 13th, 2011, 07:41 AM
^ Aw that is SO cute! My mum's cat likes to comb hair with his nails. He's pretty good at it :D

skara_brae
July 13th, 2011, 09:05 AM
My kitty was in bed with me and decided to groom my hair. My hair was too long for him to lick by starting at the root and moving his head. His solution was to lick as far as he could with one motion, then hold the "cleaned" hair down with his paw, put his head back in a starting position, and do another pass--all without losing tongue contact. I could feel the lick, hold, l-i-i-i-i-i-i-ick…

Hah! My cats do the same thing. Although I'm getting to the length where braids are a bit dangerous b/c they don't realize that it's still my hair, attached to my head...

AlexiaBlue
July 13th, 2011, 09:10 AM
The kitty story is too sweet! Aww! My cat licks to lick my scalp, which I always found a bit odd!! :)

kamikaze hair
July 13th, 2011, 10:03 AM
the cat story is cute, i wish i had a cat. My hilarious hair story was not so hilarious at the time, and happened to me. I mentioned it in one of the other threads but here goes...

it was around eleven thirty at night and i had just gotten out of the shower and didn't want to sleep with wet hair so decided id blowfry it. I, in my infinite wisdom, was using a round brush to do this, and managed to get it stuck in my hair! it would not budge, no matter what i did to it. This was then followed by eight hours of me trying to get the brush untangled, which didn't happen because my hair is long, and curly (not too curly, just enough for this to happen). I literally didn't sleep that night, and by morning id had three more showers, trying to use conditioner in and out of the shower to try and loosen it (still didn't come out). Then morning did come, so i had to jump in the car and drive in peak hour morning traffic half and hour away to a friends place who was talking me through this whole debacle and SHE couldn't get it out either, so we had to wait until 9 to find an open hairdresser where the lady was FORBIDDEN to cut my hair to get it out. She was really good about it though, and managed to completely decimate the brush to save as much hair as possible (which she did really well, and the tiny bit that came out has grown back). Needless to say i left her a very big tip and with my sincerest thanks, and i have never ever EVER EVER used a round hair brush again. When i finally did get to uni, i missed all my morning classes, the girls while sympathetic, could not stop laughing and were practically wetting themselves when i told them why i was late!

:cheese:PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!

bna_rapunzel
July 13th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I've mentioned this before but I'm still amazed I did it...
I mastered the orchid bun (with a slight twist to it) and my mother asked for a picture. Instead of using a mirror or the timer on my camera, I reached farrrr behind my head. When the shot was too close, I tried again, but stretched as far as my arm would go, plus leaned forward with my neck. In that moment, my shoulder gave out and I heard a tearing sound. Quite literally, I could not move. At all. I ended up partially dislocating my shoulder and tearing a muscle in my neck/into my shoulder. Over a picture. Of my hair!!! Needless to say my DH brushed, washed, braided and helped me take care of my hair (almost tailbone, bless his heart!). It was embarrassing having to tell the doctors what I did... Thenn... When I had to walk around in an arm sling. The things we do for our hair...
I now use mirrors, other people, and timers to take all of my hair pictures lol :D

kamikaze hair
July 13th, 2011, 10:19 AM
oh no! (god, i'm sorry i cant help but laugh :)) that is a real warning to me cause i'm really unco at taking photos of my hair from the back so i'll definitely have to start getting others to do it for me. Truly though i am sorry that happened to you.

:cheese:PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sama
July 13th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Well, it isn't exactly a hilarious story, but it makes me smile ::

My 2-year-old likes to brush my "bee" ["beautiful"] hair, but it usually results in her brushing the wrong way or beating my head with the brush. :rolleyes:

bna_rapunzel
July 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Kamikaze, I healed really fast but will neverrr take pictures like that again! I felt so stupid lol. Its funny looking back on it though. I have no idea how I manage these things :D

kamikaze hair
July 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM
bna rapunzel, you and me both, sometimes when you look back your like "how on earth did i even get here in this position/situation?!" i say it takes a person of great skill to manage such a spectacular incident!

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::c heese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
"LETS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

vanity_acefake
July 13th, 2011, 11:02 AM
When I was in primary school I was given a piece of bubblegum at break by someone. When the bell went rather than putting it in the bin I stuck it behind my ear (I know, I know but I was only 8 or 9). Needless to say it got stuck in my hair. In tears I eventually told my teacher who sent me to the office. Noone could get it out so the headmistress had to phone my mum to ask permission to cut it out.
I got into so much trouble from my mum as I was not allowed bubblegum and for putting it in such a silly place. Luckily I had short hair as a child so the missing bit didn't show too badly.
The funny thing is I can vaguely remember the incident (yes it has been brought up over the years by my mum) but I can really remember thinking that hiding the bubblegum behind my ear was a brilliant idea!
Ah well you live and learn.
:)
:)

lapispimpernel
July 13th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I got my hair caught in a stand mixer when I was about 11. My head was winding closer and closer to the beaters, and I was so panicked I forgot how to turn the thing off. Mom still likes to tell the story, complete with imitation of my calling for her. "MooooOOOOoOMMM!" I'd just as soon forget the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Arianoor
July 13th, 2011, 03:50 PM
One evning when I was in kindergarten my Mom went to brush my hair before bed and started freaking out. Apparently, the kid who sat behind me had cut off half of my waist length hair to APL! Mom was not pleased.

A second story, when I was 16 I had black Pomeranian who had the most beautiful coat. His tail hair was almost a foot long! One day I took him to the groomer to have him bathed and blown out and I asked them to shape him up a bit, just take a bit off of the tips of his coat that brushed the ground. The girl asked me if I wanted them to do anything with his tail. I was kind of confused and told her his tail was fine. I had a play rehearsal, so Mom picked him up from the groomers. When I got home, he came running up to me at the door, they had shaved his entry body down to 1/2" except his tail!!! I had massive hysterics (with sobs) in the middle of the kitchen. Poor guy, he ran and hid. Mom said that he had been so happy, I imagine that losing that much hair in the middle of the summer would feel pretty good to a little dog that wanted to run and play! We kept him trimmed that way for the rest of his life because he was more comfortable that way. But, I must say, that I missed my fluffy dog!

BlazingHeart
July 13th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Long hair and crutches don't mix well.

I tore up my knee skiing when I was 15 (it was a bad year - I got out of physical therapy for a back injury and went skiing maybe two weeks later, thrilled to ski because I thought I'd missed the whole season. They were demo'ing ski blades, which were awesome and fun, and on my last run before turning them in, I tore up my knee and had to be taken out on a sled by ski patrol). My hair at the time was around waist length, and I never wore updos - partly because with hair as thick as mine, it takes some serious skill to make it stay up before hip length. Anyhow, about twice a day, I'd manage to get a good hank of hair between my arm and the crutch, which was bad enough, but at one point someone had me stop so they could talk to me, and my hair somehow got wrapped all the way around the part that goes in the armpit and into one of the screws on the underside that hold it together. My teacher had to reach under and unwind my hair from the screw! (Thank goodness it was Madame Ernotte, the french teacher, who liked me and took her time to avoid hurting me or my hair)

Around the same time, I was out on a date with my then boyfriend, Joseph. One of the sweetest people I've ever met. Anyhow, because of the knee injury, I had a brace that went from almost my ankle to almost my hip, which made getting in and out of cars very awkward. He helped me in, and gave me my crutches, went around to his side, and started the car. We discovered that my hair had tangled around the parking brake when he went to take it off and my head knocked into his shoulder because of the sudden unexpected hairpulling. It didn't actually hurt much, nor was it particularly hard to untangle, but I imagine it looked terribly silly!

~Blaze

trillian
July 13th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I was on a business trip on the south side of Gary, Indiana. For those of you who may not be familiar with southside Gary, let's just describe it as a not very nice neighborhood. Also, when I say business trip, what I mean is wandering through a series of swamps, drainage ditches, and forests for a couple of days at a time. - I know, I have a strange job.

Anyway, I'd forgotten my hat, and ducked under a branch, and got a cluster of burrs stuck on my hair. So without thinking, I reach up to pull them off, like you'd pull them off a hat. My hair got wrapped around them, and sure enough I couldn't get them off by tugging gently, so I ask my co-worker to help. He wasn't exactly what we can term helpful, and by the time I told him to get his mitts off of me, my hair was fully wrapped around the burrs, and sticking out about 6 inches from my head in this kinda mohawk looking thing.

So I grimace, pull it back, and make the best of it until it's time to head back to the hotel. On the way there, I stopped, and on the advice of a helpful clerk, bought two bottles of conditioner, one jar of mayonaise, and a jar of baby oil. I spent 2 hours in the shower attempting to get the resultant mess out of my hair, and finally ended up at an ethnic hair salon begging the poor lady to help me wash my hair.

Bless her heart, she earned her tip.

Not so funny at the time, but kinda hilarious now.

QueenJoey
July 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I always tell people here I had a very short bob in 7th grade, but never tell the whole story. So here it is:

I told my mom I had picture day the next day. So she said she would give me a nice trim so it wasn't as stringy (my hair gets stringy so easily) for the photo. She sat me down on the stool in our kitchen, and proceeded to trim my hair. It was about APL with layers. She didn't know how to trim layers, and every time she attempted it would go a little crooked. Instead of wetting down my hair she just cut my hair shorter...and shorter...and shorter...until it was hovering above my shoulders.

The next morning after I took my morning shower. I was changed and combing out my hair when I heard a gasp behind me. I looked up to see my mom staring at my hair....then I looked in the mirror....damp, it was very obvious the jagged, uneven ends. It was like someone had tried to cut my hair by getting a shark to bite off the ends!!!! My mom evened it out, and by the time it was fixed, my hair was about an inch shorter than chin length. I actually started crying! And I can't ever forget it because that's how it was in my 7th grade yearbook picture.

Pictures soon!

kahill
July 13th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I don't know if this funny or creepy.

I was in Walmart and had just checked out and was waiting past the registers for my husband (who had forgotten to get something in the store), when this complete stranger came up beside me and told me I had such BEAUTIFUL hair, which was up in a pony. Then she proceeds to wrap her hand around the pony and stroke her hand down my hair - REPEATEDLY. I might add I had waist-length hair at the time. Needless to say, I got away from her QUICK.

I was SO creeped out - a complete stranger molested my hair! :confused: What kind of weirdo does that? *shudders*

AshleyTheRed
July 13th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I don't know if this funny or creepy.

I was in Walmart and had just checked out and was waiting past the registers for my husband (who had forgotten to get something in the store), when this complete stranger came up beside me and told me I had such BEAUTIFUL hair, which was up in a pony. Then she proceeds to wrap her hand around the pony and stroke her hand down my hair - REPEATEDLY. I might add I had waist-length hair at the time. Needless to say, I got away from her QUICK.

I was So creeped out - a complete stranger molested my hair! :confused: What kind of weirdo does that? *shudders*

This has happened to me a few times.

I was at a dance and an old lady walked up behind me and started stroking my hair. I was like "Uhhh.. Excuse you?" She just smiled and said "Your hair is so pretty!", and walked away. It doesn't sound creepy but this lady was weird!! And I think she was missing an eye...

Another was at a haunted house type thing. ( I visit many of these every year) At this haunted house thing They are allowed to touch you. We were walking and all of a sudden I was alone in a dark room. I couldn't see a thing, and suddenly then I felt something on my hair. The strobe light flashed and Freddy and Jeeppers Creepers love child was stroking my hair with his claws. :agape: He followed me around the whole time stroking my hair..... It wasn't scary just creepy. :shudder:

sakuramoon08
July 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I always get my hair stuck in the back of my computer chair, sigh* I can't wear it down anymore like I used to. My dad walked in on me leaning over my chair pulling the hairs out from the metal coil, he came in when the chair fell backwards. Lol! It's funny now...

AnnaJamila
July 13th, 2011, 09:18 PM
One time at school one of my friends was walking down the hallway with me then glanced at her shoulder and started screaming frantically dancing around in a circle. Turns out a lock of hair had gotten caught in the strap of her rucksack and was sticking straight up in the air. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared. Lol, she was really embarassed . . .

QueenJoey
July 13th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Don't worry vanity acefake! I used to think it was brilliant, too. I tried it a few times, but it never got stuck that badly. Peanut butter was always my saving grace, so no scissors were needed.

Freaking Roald Daul. It's his book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" that's the reason so many little girls have lost chucks of their hair to bubblegum. Remember the character, Violet, who does that? Somehow she managed to do it daily and never got it stuck.

QueenJoey
July 13th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I was at a dance and an old lady walked up behind me and started stroking my hair. I was like "Uhhh.. Excuse you?" She just smiled and said "Your hair is so pretty!", and walked away. It doesn't sound creepy but this lady was weird!! And I think she was missing an eye...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you, but you had me laughing so hard all alone at my desk. Oh man! Well, you know you have pretty hair if even one-eyed people can see it's beauty ;)

ArienEllariel
July 13th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I don't really have a story really but today my cat just jumped up on the bed with a couple loooooooooooooong hairs hanging out of her mouth. I had to pull them out cause she was gagging.. poor thing. We know you're a long hair when.... xD

Dizzy_zzz
July 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Geez, long hair is DANGEROUS! O.o

I don't know if this is actually funny, but.... when I went to pick out a ferret there was one little "blonde" (as my sister described her colouring) female that kept climbing up onto my shoulders and perching herself there. Soon enough, she got herself tangled in my hair and the store clerk had to come detangle her, even. Needless to say, she was the ferret I left the store with. :)

archel
July 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I gave myself a spasm in my neck when washing my hair that sent me to Urgent Care! Wasn't funny at the time...

I take pics of the back of my head that way - I need to stop!

AshleyTheRed
July 13th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Oh my gosh!!! I'm so sorry this happened to you, but you had me laughing so hard all alone at my desk. Oh man! Well, you know you have pretty hair if even one-eyed people can see it's beauty ;)

Thanks! I never thought about it that way. :p

AshleyTheRed
July 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Geez, long hair is DANGEROUS! O.o

It sure can be! xD

whitestiletto
July 23rd, 2011, 11:22 PM
When I was in 6th grade I read the Calvin & Hobbes strip where he cuts his own hair and blames it on Hobbes. I went into my parents bathroom and shaved my eyebrows off with my dad's razor. Let's just say 6th grade came with more teasing than I wanted. Did you know it takes several months to grow your eyebrows back? No one believed me that I lost them in a swimming accident, i thought it was such a good excuse.

AnqeIicDemise
July 23rd, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'd visited Universal Studios and had the crap scared out of me by the King Kong photo booth. You know, the one with the bust of King Kong where people climb onto his clenched hand and a LOUD roar is played through speakers behind Kong's mouth? My brother says I bolted from the hand and it took two security guards to grab me and calm me down. It was easy to follow my path through the screams.

I was 6.

Anyhow, at that point, my hair was down to hip length and I'd sleep with it plaited in a single, English braid.

I had a nightmare where I dreamed Kong was eating me (of course). In the middle of my screaming, kicking and thrashing I fell OFF the bed.... and my braid got wound tight around the handles of the night stand. (This was the late 80s, early 90s and large handles were the norm on these things.)

The fall had woken me up, but when I tried to get back up, I found myself stuck and falling back to crack my head against the night stand. Which made me scream in terror even more. I kept screaming "Kong's eating me! EATING ME! HELP! HELP! I DIDN'T MEAN TO TEASE YOU WITH THAT BANANA!!"

I didn't realize I was awake until my brother flicked on the lights of the room and I could see him standing there at the foot of the bed, laughing his butt off. Even my mother, who had been sleeping next to me was laughing.

Neither of them let me live it down. :D

AshleyTheRed
July 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'd visited Universal Studios and had the crap scared out of me by the King Kong photo booth. You know, the one with the bust of King Kong where people climb onto his clenched hand and a LOUD roar is played through speakers behind Kong's mouth? My brother says I bolted from the hand and it took two security guards to grab me and calm me down. It was easy to follow my path through the screams.

I was 6.

Anyhow, at that point, my hair was down to hip length and I'd sleep with it plaited in a single, English braid.

I had a nightmare where I dreamed Kong was eating me (of course). In the middle of my screaming, kicking and thrashing I fell OFF the bed.... and my braid got wound tight around the handles of the night stand. (This was the late 80s, early 90s and large handles were the norm on these things.)

The fall had woken me up, but when I tried to get back up, I found myself stuck and falling back to crack my head against the night stand. Which made me scream in terror even more. I kept screaming "Kong's eating me! EATING ME! HELP! HELP! I DIDN'T MEAN TO TEASE YOU WITH THAT BANANA!!"

I didn't realize I was awake until my brother flicked on the lights of the room and I could see him standing there at the foot of the bed, laughing his butt off. Even my mother, who had been sleeping next to me was laughing.

:lol: This is hilarious.

mrs.bad85
July 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I have another cliche round brush story. I was 10 and for some reason we had one of those round brushes the are 1 inch around with the long brush bristles so of course to me the brush was meant to be spun up in your hair right? right? No. It took mom an hour to get my hair out. I couldn't tell it she was sighing at me or laughing on the inside.

Those brushes should be banned!

Earelia
July 24th, 2011, 11:50 AM
A few years back my friend and I were partying so we were all silly and euphoric of course and we were being all lovey dovey so we went to hug each other. We pull back and RRRIIIPPPPP. My septum ring gets caught in her dreads and TEARS about 3 sizes bigger and blood starts pouring out of my nose. The horseshoe shaped ring was actually pulled wider from the pull while in my nose. Being under the influence she starts crying and I end up having to comfort her. LOL. I took the ring out and left it for months and one day I decided to put it back in and it was back to normal. I could fit the same jewelry in it fine. So now years later I'm stretching the piercing with no problems. =) It is a tiiiiny bit crooked though if you stare directly up my nose.

Finghin
July 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I have another cliche round brush story. I was 10 and for some reason we had one of those round brushes the are 1 inch around with the long brush bristles so of course to me the brush was meant to be spun up in your hair right? right? No. It took mom an hour to get my hair out. I couldn't tell it she was sighing at me or laughing on the inside.

Those brushes should be banned!

Ahh! I did the same thing the night I had a concert in middle school! I wanted curls, so I started curking my hair up in it, after trying to unsuccessfully uncurl it I panicked and started crying. I thought my parents were going to have to cut my hair, luckily my dad came to my rescue and got the brush out. I agree on banning!

Kristin
July 25th, 2011, 11:57 AM
A few (about 10) years ago, I was taking a romantic bubble bath with my ex. All of a sudden, I smelled something burning...it was my hair. Thankfully, only a couple inches of a small section was singed. I would cry if it happened now, but I laughed.

Recently my hair got wrapped around some metal bolts on a chair back at work and another teacher had to cut me free. I was not laughing that time...

Lostsoule77
July 25th, 2011, 06:17 PM
When I was around 19 I used to put my hair up into a high ponytail and then make 7 or so english braids. I loved to run my fingers down them for some reason. Well I had spent some time outside while waiting for my friends to pick me up. I went to run my fingers down one of my braids and there was SOMETHING there! I removed my hand and proceeded to wait for my friends while slightly freaking out. My friends get there about 10 minutes later. There are 3 guys and one girl. Well I tell them the problem and ask them to get whatever is in my hair out. Only the guys look at it and start freaking and saying they won't touch it! I started to scream a bit at that point. :) The girl got it out for me. Turns out it was a pretty large beetle with huge pinchers on the front and it had somehow gotten itself stuck into the braid! shudder: Needless to say I wasn't laughing at the time, but think it's kinda funny now.

AshleyTheRed
July 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Here's another of mine.

I was holding a torch while leading a group through a haunted woods thing I worked at. I tripped and set my hair on fire.... It didn't burn very much of it, but I learned a lesson. Never where your hair down while working!

SwordWomanRiona
July 31st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Last year, I was making my bed with my tailbone+ hair loose (yes, loose :rolleyes:). So I caught a fair bit of my length under my knee and tripped, and nearly did a somersault, and landed breathless on my back spread-eagled on the bed. And was I thinking about my sore neck or about 'Hey, I could have broken my neck, or bumped my head against the wall!'. Nope. I was screaming 'My hair! My HAIR!!!!' like mad. Fortunately, I didn't tear my hair off (or my muscles). I always wear my hair up when making the bed now :D. I should have known better!

oddbeat
July 31st, 2011, 11:54 AM
One time back in high school I was using the vacuum hose to clean under my bed. I was laying on my side trying to reach the carpet near the center of the bed and I couldn't stretch the hose far enough. So without really thinking about the rest of the vacuum's proximity to my hair, which was splayed loose on the floor, I tugged the vacuum over towards me so I could reach the hose further. Next thing I know I feel a horrible tug on scalp and realized I had sucked my ends up in the vacuum and they were wrapped around the rollers!

I tried getting them out myself but they were really stuck in there! So I had to scream in panic for my mother to come help me because she was at the other end of the house and I couldn't very well move with a vacuum cleaner attached to my head! When she finally comes in and sees my predicament she just started laughing hysterically at me. I remember yelling, "It's not funny!! Get me out of here!" Somehow she freed me from the horrible thing - while continuing to laugh the whole time, might I add - but my poor ends looked so frizzy and crimped and fried. :(

I never knew cleaning could be so dangerous until that day :laugh:

hippiechick1976
July 31st, 2011, 11:56 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you, but I must say thanks:) I haven't laughed til my cheeks were drenched in ages:)

I was 6.

gthlvrmx
July 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM

I was 6.

*dies laughing*:cheese::D:p

QueenJoey
July 31st, 2011, 12:35 PM
I've learned an important lesson from this thread: there's a reason so many of us are addicted to updos. :D

Bast
July 31st, 2011, 12:44 PM
Even updos don't always save you!

A few months ago, I was sitting at my computer, hair up, when my fiance walks up behind me. I lean my head back for a kiss, directly back into the ranch dressing he had on a plate that he was holding right behind me.

Totally an accident, but it took forever to get out, since it managed to dry before I was able to get into the shower...

ilovelonghair
July 31st, 2011, 01:13 PM
Age 11 and on holiday I didn't think of unbraiding my hair (my mother used to do that) after swimming, so after 5 days of going swimming my braid wouldn't come out anymore... my aunt spent ages trying to save it, which she did. She was scared my mother would be livid if my hair was ruined. My aunt didn't know that my parents wanted my hair short...

My hair often gets caught under my boyfriends armpits. Weird!

As a child I often used to wake up with my arms pinned down because I was wrapped in my hair.

I once let my mother do an experimental hair cut on me.... yuk. Then years later I let my first boyfriend do the same, it ended up in a haircut that would be fashionable today, but not back then :p

I also managed to step on my hair once LOL.

I, in my infinite wisdom, was using a round brush to do this, and managed to get it stuck in my hair!

Lots of round brush accidents here, but when starting using a normal one I kept hitting my head because I was so used to the round one where you didn't need to bother which side you use...

ilovelonghair
July 31st, 2011, 01:14 PM
I've learned an important lesson from this thread: there's a reason so many of us are addicted to updos.

No still dangerous: hair sticks.... very dangerous to other people!

rusika1
July 31st, 2011, 03:11 PM
I was once chased by a bird that kept trying to pull my hair out. I guess my hair must have looked like prime nesting material! It was spring and we were at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. It must run in the family--the same thing happened to my brother in the San Diego Zoo's Hummingbird House.

ETA: There's an older thread on here, someone posted about a goat swallowing her hair at her wedding

eta again: Here it is--it's Xandergrammy's entry http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61324&highlight=goat

Kindredraeven
July 31st, 2011, 03:22 PM
I would have to say arguing with some one, and during the part where I'M WINNING, I always seem to get hair down my throat, trying to spit that out, really ends an argument fast. Mainly because we are Laughing like crazy. :)

eicamawa
July 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM
When I was little, I has this music box that if you opened it, would make a little ballerina dance to somemusic. I really liked the music, so one night, before I was laying down in the bed to sleep, I found out that I could hear the music better if I put my ear right next to the ballerina, who was moving around on the same spot. I enjoyed the music for some time before I was trying to take my head up again, but, whops, my hair had been twirling inside the motor that got the ballerina to dance. Several times. And it was stuck, I couldn't get it out. And since I've always been the type of person that would do things by myself, I got a pair of scissors and cut of the part that was stuck. I was sad about the hair that I lost, but I thought no one would see it. The next day my mother asked what I've done to my hair, and why I've cut it:o

islandboo
July 31st, 2011, 05:05 PM
One time back in high school I was using the vacuum hose to clean under my bed. I was laying on my side trying to reach the carpet near the center of the bed and I couldn't stretch the hose far enough. So without really thinking about the rest of the vacuum's proximity to my hair, which was splayed loose on the floor, I tugged the vacuum over towards me so I could reach the hose further. Next thing I know I feel a horrible tug on scalp and realized I had sucked my ends up in the vacuum and they were wrapped around the rollers!

I tried getting them out myself but they were really stuck in there! So I had to scream in panic for my mother to come help me because she was at the other end of the house and I couldn't very well move with a vacuum cleaner attached to my head! When she finally comes in and sees my predicament she just started laughing hysterically at me. I remember yelling, "It's not funny!! Get me out of here!" Somehow she freed me from the horrible thing - while continuing to laugh the whole time, might I add - but my poor ends looked so frizzy and crimped and fried. :(

I never knew cleaning could be so dangerous until that day :laugh:

Wow, I curse when I have to clean my shed hair from the rollers - it would be a horror if it were still on my head!