PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair!

ratgirldjh
July 12th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Well I went and did it.

For a few months I have been fantasizing about cutting my long (several inches from waist) hair into a chin length bob without bangs.

I love it!!!

I had just grown tired of wearing my hair up all the time and being obsessed with finding more hair toys :D and wanted a drastic change!!!

Actually I am so glad I cut it!!! I feel much more feminine and younger with my hair short and I think it looks better on me.

I have fine hair and when it gets long it looks thin and now suddenly I have more waves and bounce and movement in my hair and it even looks shinier!!!

I'll try and get some pics soon :)

racrane
July 12th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I am glad you are happy with your hair cut. :D

neko_kawaii
July 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Horray! A successful hair cut is such a great feeling. Thanks for sharing!

ravensinger13
July 12th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Yay! Gotta love a happy hair story, no matter what the length. By the way, the ratty is very cute.

Rtzgrl
July 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Enjoy! I always get so tempted to cut my hair this time of year. Like yours, my hair can get on the limp and stringy side when it's long, and it sure makes me long for the thicker looking shorter styles, but I think the Hubby would divorce me if I cut it now. Not just because he loves it long, but because he would have to listen to all my wining and crying when I would inevitably want my long hair back. :rolleyes:

Love your Ratty, by the way. Is it a hairless?

SoulOfTheSea
July 12th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Congrats :) I'm glad you had the courage to do that!

Joliebaby
July 13th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Sounds pretty, and you sound happy :)

I missed mine the same night I cut it and felt a bit depressed even.. and then went to work maximizing my hair growth to get it back fast :D
It's not that my hair doesn't look good, it's pretty and easy and feminine and all that.. but I miss the length badly.

But hey, it grows back. I will try to enjoy this short hair because it will never be this short again, not of my own doing :D

ratgirldjh
July 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Thanks guys!

And I don't miss it yet! It is a little warmer than I imagined it would be because before I wore it pulled up high in a bun - now I can't bun it!!!

My boyfriend loves it - and both he and my brother and several of my friends have told me that I look 10 years younger!!! Gotta love that!!!

Actually I have short hair a great deal of my life. Every since I was about 17 and a hairstylist butchered my long hair and I went to a wedge haircut... I kept it short for many years after that.

Then I went through a phase of letting it get to around BSL or longer and then buzzing it off to 1/2 to 1 inch.

The last time I buzzed it was probably about 10 years ago when I first met my boyfriend and he freaked!!! One minute I had shoulder length hair and then came out of the bathroom with a 1" buzz cut!!! lol ;)

So I started growing it long... with a few cuts here and there to cut off dye that I played with in the early stages.

So now my hair will be virgin but hennaed - and at least it is all healthy!!!

And yes my rattie boy Isaac is a hairless dumbo. He is my sweetie boy :)

eta: I just posted pics in my album!

long&blonde
July 13th, 2011, 08:09 PM
So happy you are happy, & awesome courage! Your rattie is so cute!

Slinks
July 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM
:-) glad you're happy

Lilli
July 14th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I don't see any pics in your album.

butterflycayton
July 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm really thinking of cutting mine about shoulder, but the bob with layers is really cute too. I am tired of it being so heavy. And tired of the red henna from neck down. I have dark blond with really blond highlights on top and a big red bun. cant see pics in your album. Bet its cute.

CarpeDM
July 14th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I can't wait to see pictures!!

cheetahfast
July 14th, 2011, 09:31 AM
It's wonderful that you're happy with the cut. I had short hair for a few months and loved it when I did.

Mesmerise
July 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Glad you're happy with the cut! Sometimes a change is a wonderful thing to do, and can really make you feel good about yourself.

Unfortunately, I can't see pics in your album either.

curlymarcia
July 14th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I'm glad you're happy with the cut. Where are the pics?