View Full Version : Tall people past tailbone

Nae
July 12th, 2011, 03:00 PM
This is just for grins and giggles. I have been thinking a lot lately about how my height effects how soon I am able to hit the main milestones of hair growing. You know, BSL, WL, TB and beyond.

At 5'11 I would feel highly encouraged to see examples of tall people who are beyond TB. I have been thinking more and more about eventually trying for knee-ish. (Yeah, like 8 years from now, so I hope you all won't get sick of me before that.;)) I get that it is all genetics but I still would like to see examples, just to have more reason for extreme-length hope. :D

I know that Torrinpaige is tall with TB length hair so she is my current inspiration but I was wondering about the heights of knee-length folks and beyond. Anybody??

gthlvrmx
July 12th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Wootwoot Torrin!! Was JUST watching her videos in awe and searched her on here, great updos :)

Im sure it's possible for you!!! :D

Kristamommyx3
July 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I'm tall and my hair is just grazing waist. My end goal is somewhere between lower waist and tailbone. I was just today lamenting that it will take me so long to get there compared to our more vertically challenged LHC friends.

racrane
July 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm not exactly tall, but I have a long torso. I did grow my hair out to waist in high school and though it did take longer than my shorter friends, it still got there. Good luck!

Signe
July 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
i'm 5'10" and feel like it will be decades before my goal when i look at my shorter friends' hair...definitely gotta get some tall/long inspiration on the go!

Toof
July 12th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't call myself tall, but at 5'7" I suppose I'm a bit taller than average. :) My hair's probably about two inches from my knees now and doesn't show signs of stopping. It's taken me about four years to get here from hip, although in that time I probably trimmed off a minimum total of eight inches to achieve a straight hemline. Knee is my official goal, but I must admit I'm curious as to what my terminal length might be.

newbeginning
July 13th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I guess I'm taller than average but not tall. I too have a long torso. It does seem like it takes forever to reach my goal.

Signe
July 13th, 2011, 05:33 AM
wow, Toof! such beautiful hair and an inspiration to all us tall ladies! thank you for posting :)

Monsterkitti
July 13th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I'm 5'10, I'd love some tall long hair inspiration too :) Its taken so long to get to waist (I'm really long bodied) Its still possible to grow to TBL / Classic (fingers crossed for good hair genetics :)) but its going to take a bit longer.

pepperminttea
July 13th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I'm not at TB yet, but give me a year or two. :D I'm 5'10" and at hip at the moment. I'd quite like some inspiration too - growing seems so much slower when there's more inches between the milestones!

pixiedust
July 13th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I'm not all that tall ( 5'8 ) but I've got a wide head and one of those super long giraffe necks. :l It takes me foreverrr to hit shoulder length. I'm always complaining about wishing I were shorter, because my hair grows really fast but looks like it grows really slow, so I don't even get to take advantage of it D: Actually, the one time that I reached APL, people would see my hair when I'd be walking away, and they'd be like, "Holy crap, your hair is really long !" For me, APL is just shy of 26 in o_O

Alaia
July 13th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I actually wish I was taller and would take longer between milestones.

Long hair on tall people is really impressive (not that it isn't on shorter people, but there's just less hair!).

Nae
July 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Well one advantage to height is that we have more hair even at the shorter milestones. So we should be able to do so more complex updos at "shorter" lengths. Does that make sense?

And Toof, thanks for posting! That is encouraging. The trouble is there are so few that are seriously past Classic but to then narrow my respondants down more by saying, "Of you few I only want to hear from the tall ones." It makes this thread a "tall" order. ROFL. How funny am I this morning?

trolleypup
July 13th, 2011, 08:09 AM
And Toof, thanks for posting! That is encouraging. The trouble is there are so few that are seriously past Classic but to then narrow my respondants down more by saying, "Of you few I only want to hear from the tall ones." It makes this thread a "tall" order. ROFL. How funny am I this morning?
5' 11", approaching knee...I really should try to get some better pictures up.

Nae
July 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
5' 11", approaching knee...I really should try to get some better pictures up.

Woot!! YAY! *hugs Trolleypup* You are my newest tall inspiration!!! :D

Ligeia_13
July 13th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I actually wish I was taller and would take longer between milestones.

may i ask why? :)

trolleypup
July 13th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Woot!! YAY! *hugs Trolleypup* You are my newest tall inspiration!!! :D
:puppy: *hugs back*

*goes looking around for clothes to wear in bright natural light to get better hair pics*

Kherome
July 13th, 2011, 08:42 AM
At 6'0.8" I am a "tall people." :D I am not past tailbone length, but I am at hip and still growing.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/11111.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/0608111856a.jpg

swetiepeti
July 13th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I just want to pass my sympathies to all you tall ladies. At just over 5 foot 2 and with a very short torso waist length comes much sooner for me. But if it makes you all feel any better my hair grows at less than half an inch a month. Will say as encouragement however that long hair on a tall woman looks excedingly graceful

Nae
July 13th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Kherome, thanks for posting. (I think I knew you were tall but didn't put two and two together lol.) Your hemline is thick enough that you are obviously no where near terminal yet. More hope!!!

I am loving this thread.

Funwithsharps
July 13th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I am 6'1''/female. My hair is just at tailbone.

DarthCynthia
July 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm around 5'10" or 11" currently with knee length hair. I was calf length for a while but trimmed back to thicken the ends up more (mid thigh). I pretty much wear my hair up in a bun all the time and forget about it so I don't focus on the growth. Sorry I don't have any photos, I don't post hair photos online.

Paranda Belle
July 13th, 2011, 11:44 AM
5'10 and hovering above knee. I love my height and love my high heels, but hair length is the only time I wish I was shorter. If I was as short as some of my cousins I would be mid calf by now.

SwordWomanRiona
July 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't call myself tall, but at 5'7" I suppose I'm a bit taller than average. :) My hair's probably about two inches from my knees now and doesn't show signs of stopping. It's taken me about four years to get here from hip, although in that time I probably trimmed off a minimum total of eight inches to achieve a straight hemline. Knee is my official goal, but I must admit I'm curious as to what my terminal length might be.

I'm 5'7'' too! I count that as reasonably tall :) I'm at classic now, and my hair's been verging between tailbone and classic for quite a few years. I don't think that my hair's grows particularly slowly (I grew out my bangs quite quickly), so maybe I'm getting near to terminal (NO!!!!) or I get slower growth because I spent too many years without trimming.

Lishamatish
July 13th, 2011, 12:01 PM
5'10 and hovering above knee. I love my height and love my high heels, but hair length is the only time I wish I was shorter. If I was as short as some of my cousins I would be mid calf by now.

I am 5'10 and a bit and I have always been so nervous of wearing heels... I just feel too big. Wish I could love heels :D
Bet you looks stunning with super long hair and an awesome pair of heels!

Signe
July 17th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I'm not at TB yet, but give me a year or two. :D I'm 5'10" and at hip at the moment. I'd quite like some inspiration too - growing seems so much slower when there's more inches between the milestones!
Wow pepperminttea! We are the same height, same hairtype, and same age, and you have the exact length of hair I want at the moment :p Talk about inspiration!

pepperminttea
July 17th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Wow pepperminttea! We are the same height, same hairtype, and same age, and you have the exact length of hair I want at the moment :p Talk about inspiration!

Yay, new hair twin! :D The funny thing is, my hair was the same colour as yours too when I was a child; around age 7 it just began to grow in brown.