PDA

View Full Version : ACV in shampoo bottle?

timotej
July 12th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hi! Can I put ACV in an ordinary (empty, cleaned) shampoo bottle? Or is there a risk that it will react with the plastic somehow? or that something from the plastic leaks out into the ACV?

Thank you :)

Anje
July 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Without actually knowing, I'd say you're probably OK. Some plastics are more reactive than others, though, so to be really sure you'd have to start out with telling us what your bottles are made of. Given that I buy vinegar packaged in HDPE, that's got to be a safe bet.

In any case, it's not like you're going to be consuming the ACV that was in the shampoo bottle.

Stub
July 12th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I always put mine in a shampoo bottle. It's extremely dilute so I imagine it won't react anyway, but as it is I use the whole bottle in two or three washes. (about a week)

timotej
July 12th, 2011, 03:56 PM
You put it in the bottle diluted with water? I was going to put it in undiluted, just to spare myself the trip to the kitchen everytime I need it. :-)

timotej
July 12th, 2011, 03:58 PM
In any case, it's not like you're going to be consuming the ACV that was in the shampoo bottle.

My hair would be consuming it. :D

Thank you for your answers!

pepperminttea
July 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I use an old Giovanni conditioner bottle for my ACV rinse. I make it right before my shower (or occasionally the night before), so it's not in the bottle very long, and my mix for one use takes up the whole bottle. It's mostly water though, I wouldn't worry. :)