PDA

View Full Version : Head knobs

WaitingSoLong
July 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Anyone else have a head knob? This is one of the things that has always kept me from totally shaving my head bald. I have quite a knob at the base of my skull. It can actually cause discomfort with some of the buns and my hairsticks, etc. I am wondering how much it would really stick out if I ever went bald.

clarinette
July 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
That's the sign of your neanderthal ancestry. I have it too :D Cro magnons didn't have that, they are those people with the big round heads so well suited for perfect ponytails....be proud :D We are a rare breed these days!

ravensinger13
July 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM
my suggestion is to go to your local barber and ask him! He's probably seen more bald heads than any one of us, he could probably give you some idea as to what your head looks like under all that hair. (I asked my husband if I had a weird head as he was shaving it, but it turns out it doesn't look bad) Then again, you may discover that your head looks better with a little hair left intact :D

Alaia
July 12th, 2011, 01:47 PM
My DH has two head knobs. Just behind the hairline at the front.

His are from repeatedly banging his head against the wall when he was a kid :lol:

Anje
July 12th, 2011, 02:03 PM
That's the sign of your neanderthal ancestry. I have it too :D Cro magnons didn't have that, they are those people with the big round heads so well suited for perfect ponytails....be proud :D We are a rare breed these days!
My thoughts exactly! You've got an occipital bun!

lapispimpernel
July 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I have "devil horn" bumps. Mom used to threaten to shave my hair and expose me as devil spawn when I was small. :D

WaitingSoLong
July 12th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Well I don't believe in evolution so....

devil horn bumps sound interesting.

I see bald people on TV that I wonder...did no one tell them they have a knobby head? lol

clarinette
July 12th, 2011, 02:21 PM
My thoughts exactly! You've got an occipital bun!
*geeky secret handshake*

ravensinger13
July 12th, 2011, 03:55 PM
I have "devil horn" bumps. Mom used to threaten to shave my hair and expose me as devil spawn when I was small. :D

My older brother told me I had such thick hair to hide the "666" that was on the top of my head. Also convinced me that there were demons under my bed, never completely got over that one :o
*end hijack, sorry about that*

Roseate
July 12th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I see bald people on TV that I wonder...did no one tell them they have a knobby head? lol

Ha, they probably didn't realize just how funny-shaped their head was until they shaved it, and then it was too late! I know that happened to me...

<<---- has a big round pumpkin-head under all that hair. I look like a lightbulb when bald!

Xandergrammy
July 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I don't have a head knob (that I know of) but I have a huge head, so I always figured that I'd look like an alien if I was ever bald.

pepperminttea
July 12th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I don't have a bony knob that I can find (my scalp's well padded under the skin as well as with hair on top :p ), but I do have a sebaceous cyst on my scalp. It's been there for years - my father has them too, and has had one surgically removed in his time. It doesn't cause me any bother, my hand just idly goes up to my scalp to check it's still there every so often, but it's not necessarily something I want the world to be able to see.

Off topic, but this whole thread needs a "That's what she said!" ;) :p [/immaturity]

QMacrocarpa
July 12th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hmm, I tend to dents rather than knobs, myself. According to my oh-so-reliable older brothers, that's where I was dropped on my head as a baby....

Melon Collie
July 12th, 2011, 05:47 PM

:lol:

That knob on the back of my head is where I keeps my extra brain matter.

When I had super short hair, I received compliments on the shape of my head. It's never occurred to me that my bump was an odd thing.

Nae
July 12th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Well, perhaps you could learn a little about your psychological make-up through the highly reliable *cough* psuedo-science, Phrenology!!:D

Best part, if you have someone read your skull, you can get a free head massage thrown in for good measure.

On a serious note, I am sorry that it causes you pain when you wear your hairsticks. That must really stink. :(

gthlvrmx
July 12th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I don't have a bony knob that I can find (my scalp's well padded under the skin as well as with hair on top :p ), but I do have a sebaceous cyst on my scalp. It's been there for years - my father has them too, and has had one surgically removed in his time. It doesn't cause me any bother, my hand just idly goes up to my scalp to check it's still there every so often, but it's not necessarily something I want the world to be able to see.

Off topic, but this whole thread needs a "That's what she said!" ;) :p [/immaturity]
Hi five!!!!! Jajajaja!!!!!!