PDA

View Full Version : Huband Stole My Tangle Teezer

GoatLady
July 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
It's even bright pink, and he still uses it. He is growing out his hair (and his beard). Now I know why those wiry hairs kept showing up in it. :eek:

He commented this morning on "how well that thing works". I'm glad he likes it but it creeps me out finding his wiry old hairs in there. Guess I better run to Sally's and get him his own.

Oh, and he's also diggin' the Foxe's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream I mixed up yesterday. Not only is he my hair ally, he's sharing in the experience (and stealing my stuff).

bunzfan
July 12th, 2011, 11:54 AM
It's even bright pink, and he still uses it. He is growing out his hair (and his beard). Now I know why those wiry hairs kept showing up in it. :eek:

He commented this morning on "how well that thing works". I'm glad he likes it but it creeps me out finding his wiry old hairs in there. Guess I better run to Sally's and get him his own.

Oh, and he's also diggin' the Foxe's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream I mixed up yesterday. Not only is he my hair ally, he's sharing in the experience (and stealing my stuff).

Haha that's so funny! i caught my 11 year old using mine and that's purple, least he's taking an interest in your haircare.

Guenhwyvar
July 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
My DBF uses mine all the time xD. He has really curly hair that gets knotty all the time so it is ideal for him. Mines light blue so its not too bad.

jeanniet
July 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I gave my DH my pink TT. He wanted one, and didn't care about the color (I have extras). :D

MissManda
July 12th, 2011, 12:12 PM
The same thing happened with my DF and me. When I brought it home, he was kind of "WTF?!" about it, but he's slowly been using it more and more and now he won't use any of the other hairbrushes in the house. :D There was one day where I couldn't find my TT and when I looked for it, I found it sitting on his computer desk. When it comes to my DF, you know something is essential to him when you find it on his computer desk. I think it is so cute!

I honestly thought that the fact that my TT is purple and glittery would deter him, but nope. I suppose being a male with hair that is between APL and midback, you gain an acceptance that most haircare things are more likely to be girly. :P

I think he'll appreciate a black one of his own when we can afford another TT.

Fencai
July 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM
yep my DBF used mine a couple times and I ended up giving him one for Christmas. :)

ratgirldjh
July 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
My bf won't go near any brushes or combs except his very old blue plastic comb he has had for years and ripped off from me in the first place!

Also him seeing me brush my cats and chihuahua with my tangle teezer might be one of the reasons lol

Mesmerise
July 15th, 2011, 08:12 PM
My new bright pink TT (which I bought for my DD and me) is the only thing my 10 year old DS will use! Well, he WAS using it until he had his hair cut the other day...now there's no point cause his hair's too short!

Anje
July 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
My cat keeps trying to steal mine....

ange1ito
July 15th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I brought one last year but I have'nt used it much perhaps I should give it a go. When I first tried it I just felt I could feel each hair tug, maybe I was using it wrong.

Viechen
July 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
May I ask a probably stupid question? What is "Foxe's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream"? It sounds intriguing and like something I would love to try out :)

Angeletti
July 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM
That sounds like something my hubby would do, I love my Tangle teezer so much that I ended up buying two so if he ever grows his hair long someday then I'll have a spare for him.

Sama
July 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Yes! I think you should buy a special one just for him. Maybe they make one in blue or green or whatever his favorite color may be. Sounds like a good little just-because gift idea! ;)

GabrielleRose
July 15th, 2011, 09:23 PM

That is too funny and cute! I had 2 of them. I'm not sure if I liked it that much or I was using them wrong. I tried it on my boyfriend and he didn't like it either. I've been thinking of buying some again, because I'm not very happy with what I have. I have a BBB, but I have tangles like crazy so that's a no go... As for the 2 I once had, well I don't know what the heck happened to the 1st one and the other one my mom took for our dog Osito. :p

GoatLady
July 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Just to follow up, I did go back to Sally's yesterday and now husbeast has his very own black Tangle Teezer. He loves the darn thing.

And for the person wanting the recipe for the Foxe's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4586), just click on that link. I used Proclaim Natural 7 Oil (bought at Sally's Beauty Supply) in place of the coconut oil. I used Suave Naturals Juicy Green Apple Conditioner and also added 2 drops of apple fragrance oil. Works and smells wonderful. :D

Bohemian Haze
July 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
My DBF has beautiful (TBL) hair that he used to just rip a brush through...I would've been bald if I'd have treated mine the same way.
As soon as I got my tangle teezer, and after realising how good it was - I let him have a go LOL! And, he loved it. A few days later, I got him his very own black one :)