PDA

View Full Version : Ever 'found' some length?

Periwinkle
June 24th, 2008, 10:04 AM
When I joined this board, I thought that my hair was about shoulder length. Then I took my first measurement and properly looked at the length of my hair for the first time in months and realised that it's almost BSL!

I know it's a harder thing to do if you care for your hair to the extent that most LHCers do, but has anyone else 'found' some length?

camara
June 24th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I had waistlenght hair for many years, because I used to have it trimmed back to that lenght. Then I had my hair cut to about shoulderlenght. I immediately started growing out my hair again. (Talk about hair mistakes, duh.)
When my hair was somewhere around waist again, I got pregnant. When DS had arrived, I was so incredibly busy that I couldn´t even think of checking how my hair was doing, or what lenght it was.
So one fine day I looked into the mirror and my hair was at hiplenght, while I thought it was around waist, like always. :o

nissamholtz
June 24th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Ones hair does seem to gain some length when you don't notice it for a while

orangeeyecrayon
June 24th, 2008, 10:28 AM
it is not as common any more but before i found this site i would see pictures of my hair and realize it was much longer than i thought it was

Saranne772
June 24th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Yeh I did this week. I was lying on my bed and my hair was in a pony and it was brushing my thigh. I was curled up- my hair isnt yet thigh length- but it really brought home how long my hair is currently!!

Sceleste
June 24th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Finding length is one reason I don't measure or check a mirror for a back view very often. When I do I get pleasantly surprised.

I have a tattoo on my lower back. Last summer I had hit waist length, and a couple of moths later I looked to the mirror if my hair had grown. It was long enough to cover most of my tattoo! Oh boy that was a happy moment.

burns_erin
June 24th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Just yesterday as a matter of fact. I had my sister take a picture because I had hennaed and this time, instead of just zooming in on my head she got the whole length. I did not "find" a whole lot, but it is a few inches longer than I thought.

hurricane_gia
June 24th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I had shoulder-length, layered hair when I started a new job (in fact, the haircut was part of my job-interview preparations). It was a pretty absorbing job, and I put my hair in half ups to keep it out of my face while I worked. In a few months, I could put it into a ponytail. Then, suddenly, I'd been at the job long enough that I could do the work without a lot of thought. I suddenly had some energy left over at the end of the workday . . . and that was when I realized that my hair was half-way between BSL and waist!!

It was the sudden discovery of all that hair that led me to LHC. I was torn between cutting it again, or growing it out like it had been in high school. While I thought about that decision, I started searching online for updos that I could play with to help make up my mind. I found LHC and the rest is history!

julya
June 24th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I keep my hair up all the time, and I think that makes it easier to be surprised by growth.

Igor
June 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Your post made me smile :p
I did the same thing when my hair was around your length I think. Every time I took it out of my up do I found myself thinking “Huh, I thought it was shorter” It was really weird! Hair denial? Hair anorexia? I don’t know what it was or why, but it faded after BSL and since then I have had a better known sense of how long my hair really is
It was so weird :poot:

Pegasus Marsters
June 25th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Back when I joined I thought my hair was shoulder length... turns out it was bsl XD