PDA

View Full Version : It's so sad

Seeshami
July 12th, 2011, 11:11 AM
In my excitement and stupidity I typed the wrong address into my order form on Flexi-8. I contacted them as soon as I noticed but they say there is nothing to be done and I am pretty sure my neighbors will probably just open the package and KEEP $40 worth of hair toys. (When I found an iphone in the road and returned it to it's owner at that house they didn't even thank me)

Now I wait on pins and needles for the tracking number so I might be able to contact my post office and have them flag the package or something. It's funny how they responded almost instantly to all my other questions but not to my asking for the tracking number. The site says they track them right?

Anyways be very careful filling out your forms Ladies and Gents or you could loose a lot of money.

wendyg
July 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Why not drop your neighbors a note saying you mistyped and asking if they'll let you know when the package arrives?

wg

Seeshami
July 12th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I thought about that too, but I don't think it will matter much to them. I will probably end up going over there and trying though.

wendyg
July 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
I would strongly recommend communicating with them. They certainly can't send your package on if they don't know who it's actually for, and I've had lots of neighbors who would have been helpful in a situation like that.

wg

ravenreed
July 12th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Take them some cookies or something, "For the trouble of bringing me my package."

kyandii
July 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Oh no! Good luck getting them!
I did this with a MAC Cosmetics order :(
I know my postman fairly well so I asked her to keep an eye out for the box.

Edited to add; I had my name correct on the box and just showed my postie my passport to prove my identity.

Nae
July 12th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I would say flag down your postal carrier and let him/her know the situation. He or she may just drop it off at your house if they recognize your name anyway.

pilateschick7
July 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. A small baked goods reminder to the neighbors really works wonders. Here is my ace in the hole from a college roommate.
Banana Bread:)
4 medium overripe bananas, the funkier the better
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 stick unsalted butter melted or 1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 350°
Grease a loaf pan.
mash the bananas with the sugar, then mash in the butter or oil. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Mix the flour with the baking soda and salt and add them to the bowl. Mix just until the ingredients are blended.
Bake about one 1 hour or until a knife inserted comes out clean.

lilasianvixen77
July 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Seeshami....I hope you get your hair toys! :)

lilasianvixen77
July 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
pilateschick7.....thank you for the recipe! I'm gonna have to try it!

neko_kawaii
July 12th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Definitely talk to your neighbor before the package arrives.

A friend brought over a lasagna after my son was born. She didn't want to disturb us and left the lasagna on the porch. But she left it on the wrong porch! By the time she contacted me to see how we were doing and if we had enjoyed the lasagna, the neighbor had eaten it. LOL

GRU
July 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I would say flag down your postal carrier and let him/her know the situation. He or she may just drop it off at your house if they recognize your name anyway.

^^this^^

Or even if you can't talk to your carrier in person, just put a note on your mailbox that says you're expecting a package from <name of company> but it may have the wrong address with your name.

I know our postal carrier is really good about putting our mail in the right box, regardless of the address, provided the name is correct.

Seeshami
July 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I did leave my post man a note in the mail box and he responded that he would check with the carriers on possible routes that could get it and his sub to try and make sure it arrives safe and sound.

Tried to visit the neighbors, the lights are all on but no answer at the door.

Teufelchen
July 13th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Just drop the neighbors a note as well. :)

Hope it arrives soon at your house.

GRU
July 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Tried to visit the neighbors, the lights are all on but no answer at the door.

The lights are on but nobody's home.... :lol:

Please keep us posted on your results!

Seeshami
July 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
The postman is amazing! The package came today with a little note on the box! I am going to get him and thank you card.

However I also underestimated the power of the naughty mess and I guess I am just going to have to buy some more in bigger sizes to do more with them.

Seeshami
July 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/3883df0f.jpg
The Naughty mess is pleased.

Seeshami
July 14th, 2011, 09:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/BrokenCagedBird/27b8c3de.jpg

This one is my favorite

Nae
July 14th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Ohhhh! Those look so great in your hair! I am glad your postman was on the ball. I love a happy ending.

Seeshami
July 14th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Thank you and Me too!

Teufelchen
July 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I am happy for you. It is amazing you got your parcel in the end. :)