PDA

View Full Version : dry hair?

TealDolphin
July 12th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Everytime I go to get my hair cut, the stylist tells me I have dry hair. How do I fix this?

whisper
July 12th, 2011, 03:36 AM
You need to add moisture back into your hair. Aloe and oils can help with this. I use aloe on wet hair and then a layer of oil to seal it in (I'm using jojoba right now). You might also check out the Recipe section for kimberlillie's defrizzer.

Alaia
July 12th, 2011, 04:55 AM
You can also try the SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128) which might help.

Coconut oil and jojoba oil and so forth are also great too. You could also try varying your washing method, though I don't know what you are doing at the moment.

RitaCeleste
July 12th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Buy conditioners for dry damaged hair when you select a conditioner. Formulas for color-treated hair are good too. You can put your conditioner on and put a plastic cap over it and leave for at leaste 30 mins to over-night for a deep conditioning treatment. You could try Co-washing where you wash your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. I like EVOO and a little Honey but I generally have to co-wash it twice before I get all the oil out. Protein is drying so you should have one conditioner that has none, just for when you need moisture and more moisture. You may need to condition it more often if it dries out during the week.