PDA

View Full Version : Best clarifying shampoo? Australia if possible

julliams
July 11th, 2011, 11:29 PM
I have just had my hair trimmed and my hair is feeling a little unusual (almost velcroey - you know - when it just isn't right) and I think a clarify is in order. I've run out of my usual and so I'm off to buy a replacement. Anyone able to recommend a good clarifying shampoo? The word "clarify" just doesn't seem to be around anymore and I'm not sure why.

I've always used Herbal Essences Drama Clean in the past.

Flossy
July 12th, 2011, 02:32 AM
I found a Redwin one in Woolies. It's a tea tree clarifying one. It's near the dandruff shampoos, from what I can remember. I see V05 Kiwi Lime clarifying shampoo around occasionally.

Gilly
July 12th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Mastey do one which is available at Price attack, I think its called "use me first" or something like that, it does a great job!:cheese:

Cania
July 12th, 2011, 02:49 AM
I like the Tresemme one. I only tried it for the first time a week or so ago, but it's really good on both my long, thick hair and my mother's short, fine hair.

julliams
July 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I was in a rush and just went to my local priceline. Pantene made one and I figured that since Pantene was so full of silicones, their clarifying shampoo would be great for getting all the gunk out so I went with that.

My hair is alot better and I'm glad I did it. My hair was feeling a little waxy and tangly after my salon visit last week. They must have put a tonne of cones on there.

Flossy
July 13th, 2011, 10:04 PM
God I love Priceline...

Glad your hair feels better. :)

RitaPG
July 13th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I find that any SLS shampoo that is clear works pretty well as a clarifying. I've been using the Body Shop ginger shampoo lately.

jessa
January 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM
hey, just adding to this aussie thread. I recently got Juuce Deap Cleanse from Price Attack, its quite nice and doesnt seem too harsh on the hair but seemed to removed my years of cone usage well. I also recently changed to their Pure brand of shampoo and condish - Sulfate and Cone free! its really nice. I tried to coconut oil when I was still using cones and my hair went so crunchy and gross. after clarifying and then using the new s&C, its super soft and nice now.

AvonleLocks
January 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Isn't Apple Cider Vinegar for clarifying? My sister started using it and her hair has that silky-looking shine now. I love using non-product stuff to get great results...LOL

jessa
February 1st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Isn't Apple Cider Vinegar for clarifying? My sister started using it and her hair has that silky-looking shine now. I love using non-product stuff to get great results...LOL

haha i started this with coconut oil. i got for my hair but now use for absolutely everything. ive replaced all my moisturisers with the coconut oil and it works so well. especially on legs after shaving, it makes them also have that kinda oily slick look and very smooth.

i want to try acv rinse but scared of it smelling.

RitaPG
February 2nd, 2012, 07:20 AM
Apple Cider vinegar doesn't work as a clarifying rinse, but it does get rid of mineral buildup.

haha i started this with coconut oil. i got for my hair but now use for absolutely everything. ive replaced all my moisturisers with the coconut oil and it works so well. especially on legs after shaving, it makes them also have that kinda oily slick look and very smooth.

i want to try acv rinse but scared of it smelling.
If you dilute it well it shouldn't have much of a smell. It has while it's wet but after it dries the smell disappears.