PDA

View Full Version : First salon trim in 26 months!

Jomo
July 11th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hello all! :)

Today I went in as a walk in to a little local hairdresser to have my ends de-fairytaled. The last time I had my hair cut was April 2009, when I went from waist length to just above APL. I really don't get split ends much at all so I haven't even done a proper self trim since then. But I was just getting a little tired of my tapery ends so I decided to have a few inches snipped to tidy them up.

The hairdresser was a lovely woman and we had a good chat beforehand about what I was trying to achieve with the trim and with my growth in general and exactly how much to take off. I basically said I want a blunt hemline again to neaten it up as I keep growing, so probably 2-3 inches of the most fairy tale-y stuff at the bottom. She cut my hair dry and straightened each layer briefly as she went to make sure she got a blunt hemline (I had a bit of braid wavination).

Here's the before and after! (I have my hair in a side part in the pic, which I think is the cause of that little shorter part on the far right)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/jackthepumpkinhead/IMG_3566.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/jackthepumpkinhead/IMG_3568.jpg

KittyLost
July 11th, 2011, 11:11 PM
It looks good! And you have a great colour. It doesn't even look like she took off 2inches really.

owlathena
July 11th, 2011, 11:13 PM
It looks great!

Jomo
July 11th, 2011, 11:18 PM
It looks good! And you have a great colour. It doesn't even look like she took off 2inches really.

I measured my hair afterwards and I think it was almost exactly 2 inches - but at the same time, I reckon about an inch of that was just very fine fluff where only 1/10 or so of my hair had reached that length.

Thanks for the compliment on the colour! :) I dyed it a lot as a teenager but I've since come to realise I just kind of like it natural!

Keller1128
July 11th, 2011, 11:24 PM
You have beautiful hair! It looks very healthy. You can't really tell you got 2 inches cut off but maybe that's because it's straightened.

julliams
July 11th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Looks wonderful and your hair is so shiny and looks supersoft. I also just trimmed after a long period of time (15 months). For me it was very scary but I was surprised to find that my stylist was very willing to listen and do exactly what I wanted in order to achieve my goal (hip with a U shape). I can see that you have had a similar experience.

racrane
July 11th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Your hair looks good, very healthy. I'm jealous by how shiny it is. :)

tgagurl27
July 12th, 2011, 12:55 AM
that looks really lovely :D she did a good job..

bettylibertine
July 12th, 2011, 04:31 AM
It looks great! *is now feeling tempted to trim also* :D

skraprchik
July 12th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Looking good!

Alaia
July 12th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Looking lovely! Sometimes it's really good to get a nice trim :D

newbeginning
July 12th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Beautiful hair.

CarpeDM
July 12th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Great results!

serious
July 12th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Beautiful!
It doesn't look like she cut off 2 inches at all! Great!

vintage88
July 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
Looks really lovely :)

curlymarcia
July 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM
It worked out so well, she did not cut more than needed. I generally don't trust stylists, but she did a good job.

Corvus
July 12th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Doesn't it feels so much nicer?!?!

Today I had my hair trimmed for the first time in almost 18 month, and I'm so much happier. I know all the ugly crunchy bits that were split are now gone.

Madora
July 12th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Jomo, your hair looks as picture perfect as one could hope for! Your technician did a wonderful job! Congrats!

chahuahuas
July 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Your hair looks good, very healthy. I'm jealous by how shiny it is. :)

Seconded, it is definitely really shiny!!

I'm jealous of how lustrous your straight-haired ladies can get just naturally. Mine (and I think most curlies as well) doesn't start to shine until I get some product in it to add moisture.

Kristamommyx3
July 12th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I totally agree! Your hair is what my hair wants to be when it grows up!

Jomo, your hair looks as picture perfect asone could hope for! Your technician did a wonderful job! Congrats!

Jomo
July 12th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Aww thank you so much everyone for being so sweet! I've had such a huge hair self esteem boost from reading all these replies - :grouphug:

There was one other client in the hair salon with dye on waiting for it to process, and after the cut the stylist was showing her my hair and saying "she looks like she stepped out of a Pantene ad doesn't she!" Haha, I was :cloud9:... :)

mrs carol
July 12th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Looks real nice.

MiamiPineapple
July 12th, 2011, 08:06 PM
You now have perfect hair :)

Aliped
July 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
It looks great! *is now feeling tempted to trim also* :D

I'm totally tempted! :D

Maelyssa
July 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
The hair stylist did a really good job. What a lovely hemline! Your hair looks wonderful. Congrats with the great salon experience.

elbow chic
July 12th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Very, very nice! I love the color and shine. Even in the "before" it did not look remotely bad for hair that hasn't seen scissors in over two years!

Audrey Horne
July 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Congrats on a successful trim, it looks amazing! :blossom:

Jenn of Pence
July 12th, 2011, 11:33 PM
What a great result! It's always nice to hear about the positive trips to the salon. Not all stylists are evil and scissor happy! ;)
As many have said, you can barely tell a difference by looking. I applaud you for over two years of non-trimming; it actually looked great still, just the taper really. :)

pixiestar
July 13th, 2011, 01:44 AM
Your hair looks amazing:D
Its also good to hear your hairdresser listened to what you wanted:D

jojo
July 14th, 2011, 08:05 AM
wow your hair is beautiful and what a great stylist you have, a keeper for sure

cheetahfast
July 14th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Wow! It looks lovely and like they barely cut any.