PDA

View Full Version : Nice compliment received

RedStripe
July 11th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Just wanted to share this because I was kind of tickled by it:

I was in a belly dance program last night and had my hair loose except for being held back by a headband (performance time is just about the only time I wear my hair loose). Since I'm slightly acquainted with the leader of the band that played, I went to say hi to her after the show. After the usual "nice to see you" pleasantries, she said, "Your hair looks beautiful. You look like a mermaid!"

I just thought that was a really cute thing to say. Anybody else ever receive any fun comparisons?

vanity_acefake
July 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
That's the sweetest compliment ever.
:)

Madora
July 11th, 2011, 12:55 PM
How charming, RedStripe!

I've never received one as lovely as that. My hair has been likened to "a shawl, a horse's tail" and to Cousin ITT, from the Addams Family (which I took as a compliment, since Cousin ITT had fabulous, healthy hair)!

Pumpkin
July 11th, 2011, 12:58 PM
That is so sweet!!

RedStripe
July 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
How charming, RedStripe!

I've never received one as lovely as that. My hair has been likened to "a shawl, a horse's tail" and to Cousin ITT, from the Addams Family (which I took as a compliment, since Cousin ITT had fabulous, healthy hair)!

Cousin ITT -- that's great!

BabyRay33
July 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM
That is a great compliment. It makes me think of my childhood hair idol...Ariel!

JuliaDancer
July 11th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Aw!!! I would love to be compared to something like that. I've gotten the "great hair" compliments, but I don't recall being compared to anything... Especially not something cool, like a mermaid... =P

Quezie
July 11th, 2011, 03:31 PM
My sister who I hadn't seen for about 6 months told me my hair looked like doll hair! :D

ttverdy
July 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
What a sweet compliment!

neko_kawaii
July 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
That is a lovely comparison!

I remember in high school for a dress up day I did my hair in rag curls and ended up with great spiral curls at about shoulder length. One of the ladies in the office said, "I hope this doesn't sound strange but I just want to put you on my lap like a doll and play with your hair." I understood completely.

partlycloudy
July 12th, 2011, 07:28 AM
How lovely, RedStripe!

A couple months ago I got stopped in the street to be told how beautiful my hair was, which needless to say made my week! I'm new to TLHC and new-ish to taking good care of my hair so this was the first time anything like this has happened to me :)

Quenzie, I can't get over how stunning your hair is! Do you use henna? I found the main henna thread on here and am itching to try it.

Avital88
July 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM
wow that one is just too sweet..
the guy im in love with just told me the other day: wait sit still, i want to make a picture of you like this, my pocahontas.. it was the sweetest thing ever!
Compliments can be really good for motivating you to grow longer, mermaid compliments are really awesome i think.
Once a little 3yo girl told me that i have princess hair, back then it wasnt even waist but i was so happy haha..

Mrspuddinhead
July 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Awww.... that is a very sweet compliment. When I was a very small girl my older sister would always take care or me, feed me, bath me..... any who when it was time to rinse my hair she would would also say swoosh your hair like a mermaid. Your comment brought back those memories and I just thought I would share. When washing my little girls hair, whom is 3( has never had a hair cut and is mid back) I now tell her to swoosh her hair like a mermaid.

Vegasrenie
July 13th, 2011, 04:44 PM
My hair is thick and curly and ever since it was long enough to pull back into a mini-bun, I've been wearing it up. CO only, oiling, air dry, blah blah blah. Well, about two weeks ago, I decided to see what progress I had and did a blow dry and curl. Wow! When in its natural state it barely grazes my shoulders. It actually rests on my collar bone when it's "done."

People did a double-take when they saw me and one of my coworkers came up to me and said, "Wow! You've got hair!"

Okay. I'll take it. :D

Arianoor
July 13th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I got that compliment once. Isn't it awesome!?! ;-)

oktobergoud
July 13th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Haha well a co-worker told me today that I was looking 'wild' and my hair was 'unusually long for me'. (I have had a pixie for years, growing it out now, it's still a pixie but everyone around me is noticing it is getting a few inches longer :P)

GoatLady
July 14th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I got a lovely compliment last night at pipe club. One of the waitresses, who hadn't seen me in a couple of months, came over and said, "Wow, your hair is getting long." It made me very happy that someone noticed.

One of the guys who is a fellow member commented that I looked "different" since my retirement. I'm taking that as a good thing. ;)

Ferine
July 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Someone once equated the colour to an Irish Setter! Sounds odd, but she meant it as a compliment:)

Ishje
July 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
that is a nice compliment!

pixiedust
July 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
mermaid hair ! I would die if someone told me I had mermaid hair :)

Of course, that won't be for a while. I get a lot of, "Wow, your hair looks SO healthy!" though. hah. But I DO hair, so in comparison to everyone else.. o_O