PDA

View Full Version : clip in hair extensions....

Brenda714
July 11th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hi guys! I've been "cheating" (omg!) with clip in hair extensions. I just can't stand how I look without long hair. I posted pictures on my page of both. How long do you think it will take for my hair to get to APL? My hair hardly feels like it is growing. It was shoulder length 7 months ago, so it's a little past that now. I just can't help wearing the extensions, and I don't really like how it looks up, just because all these hairs start falling out of the bun! I feel guilty for wearing the extensions, but I know I have read that other ladies have done that while growing. I just wanted to share my pictures with you, I appreciate your reading this and comments are welcomed.

Lianna
July 11th, 2011, 08:17 AM
You're very close to APL. Being a wavy it does take a little bit longer, plus our hair waves differently from day to day. I think if your hair was blow dried straight it would be APL already. You look pretty in both hair lengths, it isn't much of a difference in my eyes. I don't think you need extensions if you are making a bun, your natural hair is long enough to put up.

Have you seen this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66644) for SL-APL updos? :)

I think maybe two months or less for APL (wavy).

Brenda714
July 11th, 2011, 09:28 AM
thanks Lianna, thank you so much for your help and I will check out the shoulder length for updos :) Forgive a dumb question, but is APL armpit length?

archel
July 11th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Liana - I'm at "flip" length, almost APL, and had not seen that thread. OMG thank you!!!

Lianna
July 11th, 2011, 10:21 AM
APL is armpit length. :)

You're welcome, archel!

irisheyes
July 12th, 2011, 01:56 AM
If the hair extensions make you happy, go ahead and wear them. I think they look good in the photo. As I've been growing, I noticed my hair seemed to hang at my shoulders for a whole year and grow outward instead of downward! Now it's almost waist length. Just be patient, and wear those extensions while you wait. Happy growing!

Brenda714
July 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Irish Eyes, thank you, you are a sweetie. Your kind words help me to accept my extensions as my real hair grows out. That's what mine has been doing, growing out instead of down :). Now I'm starting to see a difference it is starting to grow. Wow! I bet you are so proud of your waistlength hair, and thanks for reminding me to be patient :o)

vanillabones
July 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know if clip in extensions damage the hair? I used to have a lot but don't anymore and am considering wearing them again in the winter/fall since I hate my hair :( How bad is it for your hair because I probably won't do it if it's super bad! (I used to use hairspray and tease but won't anymore)

Apriori
July 12th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know if clip in extensions damage the hair? I used to have a lot but don't anymore and am considering wearing them again in the winter/fall since I hate my hair :( How bad is it for your hair because I probably won't do it if it's super bad! (I used to use hairspray and tease but won't anymore)

I know a girl who used clip in hair extensions daily and now she has bold spots where they tore her own hair out. Maybe she just has very sensitive hair/scalp but I wouldn't dare taking the chance.

Rocket22
July 12th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I still wear my extensions!!! and they are not clip in's. Not so much anymore but it will make the growing out much much easier. I have right now only a
1 1/2" piece for my sides because my sides are about 4-5" shorter than the back of my hair... but I say don't worry about it if it makes you happy and you are careful. I have an entire album of just my extensions and I loved them for years and years and still do!!!! I just decided after reading this board I might be able to do it on my own but I'm still using them for the awkward side grow out. :)

Lianna
July 12th, 2011, 06:39 PM

I know people who wore them for 5 years without any damage. I think it's only not recommended for people with very fine hair. At least not for everyday. I know your hair is fragile (F) so you'd need to be extra careful, but for once in a while there isn't really a problem.