PDA

View Full Version : What is your hair diet? (Supplements & foods)

MissHair
July 10th, 2011, 06:07 PM
What do you eat to maximize hair growth and stay healthy? Few months ago I started taking these on everyday basis:

Silica
Vitamin B
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Selenium
Omega 3+6

I also eat meat to get protein and iron. Im quite forgetful with my vegetables but I try!

elbow chic
July 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
beer
pizza
amaretto sours

MiamiPineapple
July 10th, 2011, 06:20 PM
beer
pizza
amaretto sours

This sounds good to me!

I take the following supplements:
Daily Multi
Food Grade DE
MSM
Biotin
Flaxseed oil
Garlic

I also try to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables :)

GuardGirl
July 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Protein shakes made with either cow's milk or soymilk and slimfast and whey protein (slimfast for extra nutrients), protein supplement bars, lots of fortified cereal, and complete meals (when I can). :)

QueenJoey
July 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I try to take one of each of these daily:
multivitamin
hair, skin, and nails supplement
fish oil capsule

I used to take MSM, but I ran out and haven't bought anymore yet. Is it okay to take that in addition to the things on my list, or is that just too many supplements?

Also, I really want to start taking silica, but I can't seem to find anything with just silica besides Food Grade DE, which I can't find anywhere out where I live.

Hotrox
July 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
MSM
Vit B complex
Vitamn C

An egg every day, protein with each meal, no processed foods and lots of fruit and veggies :D

Lorisal
July 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
I don't eat healthily, but I do take vitamin B6, biotin, vitamin D3, and fish oil supplements.

Sama
July 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I take a prenatal vitamin. The results are so apparent in my stronger nails that I'm certain it benefits my hair as well. :)

kitcatsmeow
July 10th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Natural unprocessed and organic food whenever possible. Lots of veggies and lean protein, healthy fats and some whole grains plus some fruit
Filtered water
Supplement for hair containing biotin, MSM, B vitamins, etc. I usually don't even take the full dose so I'm no where near MEGA dosing.
Sleep at least 7 hours and regulalr exercise

Keller1128
July 10th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I take prenatal vitamins and a biotin supplement. I try to get enough protein and eat plenty of fruit. I could stand to eat more vegetables.

Ishje
July 11th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I take a supplement for stronger nails, because of my nails but it also helps my hair.

also, I eat more nuts and dried fruits.
more veggies and enough meat.

Othala
July 11th, 2011, 02:50 AM
British grass-fed beef, home-grown organic vegetables and fruit and plenty of water.

Automne
July 11th, 2011, 03:04 AM
What really works is to drink a lot of water, Since I cut out soda I have noticed a faster growth.
I eat vegetables and fruits everyday.
I don' t take supplements anymore and I dont think I need them.

Alaia
July 11th, 2011, 03:07 AM
I take a Hair, Skin and Nails supplement (started again recently after I just plain forgot for a few months, so the benefits have yet to be felt again), occasionally (ie, when I remember) Omega-3 Oils, and I used to take Biotin. Didn't really do anything for me though.

Other than that I drink lots of fruit smoothies and have now started to eat many more veggies and salads (given up bread and pasta!).

IanB
July 11th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Hi for me it's Biotin, MSM and Saw Palmetto supplements.

Cania
July 11th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Apple cider vinegar tablets and liquid iron supplements :)

Ligeia_13
July 11th, 2011, 03:26 AM
At the moment:

Rooibos tea.
Hair, skin and nail supplement with MSM.
Castor oil
Drinking more water.
More balanced diet.
Oh, and a multivitamin a few times a week cause they're pretty expensive :S

WaitingSoLong
July 11th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Well I changed my diet about 18 months ago and severely reduced my fat and chemical consumption. I eat a lot of whole vegetables, all varieties. I stay away from starches and TRY to stay away from carbs. I lost 20lbs (spring 2010) and have been maintaining (with some difficulty) ever since (stupid cravings).

I take 2 Flintstone vitamins with iron every day. I make sure I am hydrated, which takes some effort for me as I dehydrate easily.

My diet is mostly for my overall health, no my hair. Overall health=optimal hair growth. I think the word for this is holistic ;o)

MissAlida
July 11th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Whole grain cereals, bananas, peanuts, anything that contains protein or fibers. Lots of fruits and vegetables.

MissHair
July 11th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

woodlandnymph
July 11th, 2011, 11:28 AM
My current daily routine is not only for my hair, but for overall health:

2 Flintstones with Iron [multi vitamin] [I donate blood every two months, and this helps keep up my iron - also reduced the amount of hairs I shed when washing :)]

krill oil [also helps with easing PMS symptoms]
kelp
vitamin C
MSM
silica
seabuck thorn oil
vitamin D

Drink 5 to 7 big mugs of green tea, white tea, and herbals tea throughout the day; eat whole grain cereals, vegetables, nuts, some fruit [often find fruit too sweet], some dairy [kefir, cottage cheese]; eat salmon/tuna once a week at the most; rarely eat meat other than fish/seafood