View Full Version : vodka for hair?

nazzooyzo
July 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM
just read that vodka can be good for hair! i've heard of beer rinses but never this. does anyone on here use it??

oh and here's the article... http://www.style-hair-magazine.com/vodka-hair-clarifier.html

Zesty
July 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I don't think vodka is necessarily good for hair, but you could maybe use it as it says in the link to get effective clarifying. I think the alcohol would dry hair out more than anything, and even the clarifying could be more damaging than helpful if you didn't have any buildup.

But who knows? I don't understand the reasoning behind using beer for hair, so maybe that has something to do with this logic too.

jojo
July 10th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Ive heard this before but id never try as alcohol is very drying for hair, so id take its claims with a pinch of salt.

I prefer to drink it, it goes to my head with no lasting damage!

Joribear
July 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I prefer to drink it, it goes to my head with no lasting damage!
THIS. I love my hair and have tried some crazy things for it, but I'm not going to waste good vodka on it!!! :D

RuLueashk
July 10th, 2011, 07:03 PM
2 ounces of Swedish vodka, taken orally, tends to reduce my stress level... therefore it's good for my hair.

Copasetic
July 10th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Seems like an expensive hair rinse. And from the description, I think you could get the same results with vinegar for a lot less money.

clairenewcastle
July 10th, 2011, 07:31 PM
My hair has always responded badly to any product with a high percentage of alcohol in it so I think I'll pass on the vodka rinse - not for me!

EbonyCurls
July 10th, 2011, 07:35 PM
This sounds like a great idea. It'll go perfectly with my routine of washing my hair with designer spring bottled water, dry shampoo made of diamond dust and 14k gold glitter gel :p

Slinks
July 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM
OMG .. some seriously funny post here .. I wouldn't touch it either way myself .. but give me some of that dry shampoo made of diamond dust so I can match it up with my diamond dust nail hardener :-)

fun thread ..

lacefrost
July 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM
This sounds like a great idea. It'll go perfectly with my routine of washing my hair with designer spring bottled water, dry shampoo made of diamond dust and 14k gold glitter gel :p

:spitting: LOL! I totally agree!

chahuahuas
July 10th, 2011, 08:42 PM
I would be afraid that the alcohol content would dry my hair out.

archel
July 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Ain't no way I'm putting the precious in my hair, but I will sure as heck put it in some cranberry juice.

EmiliaF
July 11th, 2011, 03:36 AM
2 ounces of Swedish vodka, taken orally, tends to reduce my stress level... therefore it's good for my hair.

THIS!!!! :D

MissAlida
July 11th, 2011, 04:05 AM
One of my friends tried this. Her mom is a hairdresser and she suggested this to her. She said it didn't do any good to her hair, it dried her hair out, and since she is a curly, her hair became a big frizz...So I wouldn't try. I don't think anything with that much alcohol would be good for hair.