PDA

View Full Version : Hair color advice

Clarisse
July 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I want my hair to be more reddish (like a weak strawberry blond) and I have been considering doing a henna gloss for some time, but I’m afraid of the commitment. I would like to try red hair before doing something permanent like henna. Actually, I would like strawberry red hair that faded back to my natural hair color. My hair is dark blond and virgin, and I have used cassia 2 times now. Cassia makes my hair a little bit more reddish/yellowish, but it is not enough for me! Any good advice?

RitaCeleste
July 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
You could try a semi permanent dye that is suppose to wash out. Actually, it may stain lighter hair and be permanent though. If you hair hasn't been lightened its less likely to stain it.

growingpains
July 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
why don't you try vegetable based dyes. They rinse out and are not damaging.

Henna won't fade much at all so is definitely a commitment. If you want to try it you should collect your shed hairs and do a strand test.

Lianna
July 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Try those that wash out in a few washes (8 or so). It might stain your hair for longer because your hair is quite light, though. Find one without peroxide, so your hair under is intact.

whitestiletto
July 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I predict that most anything you try will last for a while because your hair is light colored already.

Kaelee
July 10th, 2011, 04:56 PM
If I were in your shoes I'd try vegetable dye (manic panic I think is one). (Actually, if my hair were naturally that light I'd try out every crazy color I could, but that's just me. :P)

whisper
July 10th, 2011, 05:40 PM
One way to try haircolor without the commitment is to use one of those computer programs where you upload a pic and then you can play with hair color & style. It's free at taaz.com. There's one at the clairol website too.

Mesmerise
July 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I put a henna gloss in my daughter's hair, and it faded over a couple of months. I don't think a gloss is too much commitment, as long as you don't re-do it frequently and let it build up! Start with a very small amount of henna and lots of conditioner!