PDA

View Full Version : I just got back from the salon...

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 02:11 PM
...and my stylist made me feel special, haha. She said she had never cut someone's hair that was as long as mine (and I don't think it's that long!) and asked what all I did to keep it so healthy. She was so sweet, and I've never had a stylist react that way before. She even wanted me to go show all the other stylists in the room my hair. They all asked me questions on how I took care of it and everything...the thing is, my old stylist was in the room. I stopped going to her because last time I had a trim, she pulled out a curling iron and curled my hair without asking me first. My hair was already fixed and I was on my way to my family's Thanksgiving dinner...I didn't realize that she was going to try to curl it until it was too late!! I was super peeved...and it looked horrible. But she was like "Oh, doesn't that look SO much better!" I just smiled a bit, paid her, then left...cursing all the way home. I was late to dinner because I had to re-fix my hair. :( Anyways, my current stylist kept trying to get her attention, and finally she said "Yeah, yeah, I know..." and when I was walking back to the chair, I heard her say to the other woman "But look at what it's attached to..." and the other woman saying something like "Oh, shush!" What does THAT supposed to mean??? I hope she was talking about something else...

Definitely glad I stopped going to the other lady! The new one is a keeper. :D

wvgemini
July 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Oh I so would have called her out on that comment! If nothing else but to embarrass her. How horrid!

But I am glad you had a good experience with your new stylist :) It's always good to find someone you like.

Helix
July 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
...and my stylist made me feel special, haha. She said she had never cut someone's hair that was as long as mine (and I don't think it's that long!) and asked what all I did to keep it so healthy. She was so sweet, and I've never had a stylist react that way before. She even wanted me to go show all the other stylists in the room my hair. They all asked me questions on how I took care of it and everything...the thing is, my old stylist was in the room. I stopped going to her because last time I had a trim, she pulled out a curling iron and curled my hair without asking me first. My hair was already fixed and I was on my way to my family's Thanksgiving dinner...I didn't realize that she was going to try to curl it until it was too late!! I was super peeved...and it looked horrible. But she was like "Oh, doesn't that look SO much better!" I just smiled a bit, paid her, then left...cursing all the way home. I was late to dinner because I had to re-fix my hair. :( Anyways, my current stylist kept trying to get her attention, and finally she said "Yeah, yeah, I know..." and when I was walking back to the chair, I heard her say to the other woman "But look at what it's attached to..." and the other woman saying something like "Oh, shush!" What does THAT supposed to mean??? I hope she was talking about something else...

Oh no that heifer didn't...wish she said that mess in front of me...:patrol:

battles
July 9th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Glad you found a new stylist you like. :)

That was incredibly rude of your old one to make a comment like that.

RitaCeleste
July 9th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I was almost expecting a horror story. Good to know it was mostly good. I've never went for regular haircuts, but last time the stylist cut the sides way too short. She might even wonder what happened to me, I haven't had my haircut since. Nice to be reminded there are good stylists out there, somewhere, in a land far far away...:D

Ligeia_13
July 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
"But look at what it's attached to..." and the other woman saying something like "Oh, shush!" What does THAT supposed to mean??? I hope she was talking about something else...

:O How rude! Jealous much? :D

I'm glad you found a stylist you can trust :)

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Oh I so would have called her out on that comment! If nothing else but to embarrass her. How horrid!

But I am glad you had a good experience with your new stylist :) It's always good to find someone you like.

If I was in just the right mood, I would have said something. :/

*nods* Yeah, and she was genuinely interested in my haircare routine...and she didn't ask when I was going to cut my hair short, or try to coax me into getting it cut shorter, or to dye it or anything. Which is something I've been asked before. -_- So yeah, she's great. :)

Red_Wednesday
July 9th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Oh my goodness!! I so wish you had called her on that!! Envious little nit:rolleyes:. But I'm sure you were shocked that she would say such a thing. I'm glad you dropped her too.

Next time you see your old stylist make sure you walk past her and whip your hair past her face. Fake embarrassment, and say, "Oh, I'm so sorry *bat eyelashes* , it's just that since I've been coming here to see *insert new stylist's name here*, I can't help but love what she does for my hair. She's one of THE BEST stylists I've EVER had". Then walk away with another hair throw. Hopefully, as you leave she'll be left with a strand of your hair in her eye, LOL:p;).

gthlvrmx
July 9th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Wow! Cannot believe some people sometimes, and she's a hair stylist! Glad you got a new one that is there to help you and listen to you about YOUR hair! That is so mean, might've just told her how far your foot was bout to get attatched to her arse.

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Oh my goodness!! I so wish you had called her on that!! Envious little nit:rolleyes:. But I'm sure you were shocked that she would say such a thing. I'm glad you dropped her too.

Next time you see your old stylist make sure you walk past her and whip your hair past her face. Fake embarrassment, and say, "Oh, I'm so sorry *bat eyelashes* , it's just that since I've been coming here to see *insert new stylist's name here*, I can't help but love what she does for my hair. She's one of THE BEST stylists I've EVER had". Then walk away with another hair throw. Hopefully, as you leave she'll be left with a strand of your hair in her eye, LOL:p;).

LMAO!! Yes, I so should do this...but I'm mostly shy so I'd definitely have to be in the right mood do that! haha

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Wow! Cannot believe some people sometimes, and she's a hair stylist! Glad you got a new one that is there to help you and listen to you about YOUR hair! That is so mean, might've just told her how far your foot was bout to get attatched to her arse.

Yeah, she initially struck me as a bit snooty...I only went to her because my step-mother recommended her to me.

MomOf2Gremlins
July 9th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I totally agree! What a @*$#%!!!
I'm happy for you though that the new one is so nice and seems to really care about your hair and not trying to convince you to cut it!

amaiaisabella
July 9th, 2011, 04:10 PM
See, if it were me, I would recommend everyone I know to the new stylist... and tell them most specifically to avoid the old one- and spread the word! ;)

spidermom
July 9th, 2011, 04:22 PM
So rude!

I don't understand how you didn't notice she was putting a curling iron to your hair until "it was too late."

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 04:32 PM
So rude!

I don't understand how you didn't notice she was putting a curling iron to your hair until "it was too late."

She was already half-way through the first curl before it hit me...I guess I was zoning out! I was so pissed, that I couldn't even speak...so I just sat there while she curled my hair & bangs (and why the bangs??? It looks so bad XD)...getting more and more pissed off as she went. :/

GoddessLocks
July 9th, 2011, 04:41 PM
That lady sounds so rude! Well, good thing you found a better hair stylist

spidermom
July 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
I understand that! Most of us have probably zoned out once or twice when we shouldn't have.

Alvrodul
July 9th, 2011, 05:02 PM
So wonderful with your new stylist - she defintely sounds like a keeper!
And as for the old stylist - Red_Wednesday had a brilliant idea about heaping praise upon the new stylist while talking to her - preferably so that as many as possible of the staff and customers in the salon can hear every word! :twisted:

And as for stopping her curling your hair - why could you not have done that? If it were me, I would have told the stylist to stop burning my hair, and then lovingly laved the poor, fried lock with cool water to get rid of the unwanted curl.

Keepitgrowing29
July 9th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Uh wow! You are good because my ghetto side would have came out! I would have looked her in the face and said "What was that!":mad: Sometimes you just have to get loud with people so they know who they are dealing with. Sorry you had to go through that. I myself haven't been to the salon in almost four months because a stylist took it upon herself to even out my hair instead of just trimming the 1/4 of an inch I asked her to trim! It's like duh I have layers! I told you that! She trimmed over an inch of hair. Thats like three months of hair growth for me! I got loud with her; when I stood up ,from the chair, and saw all that hair on the floor! I said, "I told you only a 1/4 of an inch! You don't have to worry about me coming back here!" Then my husband chimes in and says..."when a person asks you to trim 1/4 of an inch that's what they mean nothing more!" I wish he would have said something when she was chopping away, some salon wing man he is! :confused: Anyway, ever think about trying a new salon so you don't have to put up with that?

RitaPG
July 9th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Better yet, give your new stylist that compliment, loud and clear so that everyone knows how great she is, not just your snotty old stylist.
That new hairdresser is definitely a keeper :)

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 07:28 PM
So wonderful with your new stylist - she defintely sounds like a keeper!
And as for the old stylist - Red_Wednesday had a brilliant idea about heaping praise upon the new stylist while talking to her - preferably so that as many as possible of the staff and customers in the salon can hear every word! :twisted:

And as for stopping her curling your hair - why could you not have done that? If it were me, I would have told the stylist to stop burning my hair, and then lovingly laved the poor, fried lock with cool water to get rid of the unwanted curl.

I know, I know...but I was the kind of pissed if I would have started talking, I would have started crying. >_>

Maelyssa
July 9th, 2011, 07:35 PM
You're hair is beautiful. Wonderful compliment to receive from your current stylist. As for the former stylist....how completely rude.

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Uh wow! You are good because my ghetto side would have came out! I would have looked her in the face and said "What was that!":mad: Sometimes you just have to get loud with people so they know who they are dealing with. Sorry you had to go through that. I myself haven't been to the salon in almost four months because a stylist took it upon herself to even out my hair instead of just trimming the 1/4 of an inch I asked her to trim! It's like duh I have layers! I told you that! She trimmed over an inch of hair. Thats like three months of hair growth for me! I got loud with her; when I stood up ,from the chair, and saw all that hair on the floor! I said, "I told you only a 1/4 of an inch! You don't have to worry about me coming back here!" Then my husband chimes in and says..."when a person asks you to trim 1/4 of an inch that's what they mean nothing more!" I wish he would have said something when she was chopping away, some salon wing man he is! :confused: Anyway, ever think about trying a new salon so you don't have to put up with that?

Oh wow, I hate that that happened to you...some people just don't LISTEN! :/

As for a new salon, I probably could find somewhere else...though I do like who cut my hair today, so I'll probably just stay and avoid the area where the other woman is at.

joesgirl2011
July 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I would say "jealousy"..a woman being catty of course!! I don't trust hairdressers..i have a soccer mom haircut now from March that i have to grow out because "she" decided IT would look good on me not what I asked for. UGG! Keep this new girl..:)

Roscata
July 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I'm glad you found a great stylist that loves your hair and respects you. :)
And regarding what the other stylist said, I'm sorry you had to hear that, it's sad to see that level of rudeness, besides you're very pretty so I don't have any idea what she could have meant. ;)

Silverdragn7385
July 9th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I'm glad you found a great stylist that loves your hair and respects you. :)
And regarding what the other stylist said, I'm sorry you had to hear that, it's sad to see that level of rudeness, besides you're very pretty so I don't have any idea what she could have meant. ;)

Thanks! Yeah, that was pretty lame...the only thing I could think of as to why she said that is maybe she didn't like how I was dressed. I was wearing...I guess punky, rocker chick type clothing. *shrug*

pepperminttea
July 9th, 2011, 11:17 PM
God, how catty and unprofessional; good thing you're rid of that former stylist. The new one sounds brilliant! :D