PDA

View Full Version : How to color your hair brown temporary? (over henna)

ilovelonghair
July 9th, 2011, 05:49 AM
I want to know if brown looks good on me. I have had brown hair in the past but always dark brown, not light brown. My hair isn't very dark, it's on the coppery side. I heard that you can use Manic Panic as temporary hair dye over red to create brown. Apparently you got to use blue dye. And I just read about the kool-aid stuff.

But what would be the best way to try this out? Are there any other ways?

Ann Marie
July 9th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I have not tried manic panic hair color but I used to use IOn demi color(washed out in 28 shampoos as opposed to 8-10)
It took a while to come out...4 months!:(

In my experience demi color or any chemical color will super absorb if hair is at all porous.

I would make sure there is no peroxide in it at all!
This will change hair enough to make a line of demarcation if you do not like the color....

I am switching from temporary colors to henna..and have a bit of an Hombre effect....light to dark...

I would try a wig store...just to see how it looks...
I have dark blonde hair and was sick of the root line from dying it brown...so I switched to henna...

I know that some temporary colors do not completely wash out...

Also try googling removing manic panic...there are a few threads about it sticking to hair....If you try blue manic panic it could mix with the red and make purple!:trainwreck:

Try instead a light ash brown....Green base(this is what people use buxus to tone the red from henna)
You can also try a glaze....john frieda makes one..get the darkest brown since it will only be a glaze...washed out in 2 shampoos....no peroxide at all...

Hope this helps!

ilovelonghair
July 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I had one Manic Panic color that was so hard to wash out: Vampire Red. I used it on a few strands to make my hair more red, but it was more cherry-purplish. And it took months to wash out!