PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried this brand of henna?

bunzfan
July 9th, 2011, 02:34 AM
I just got this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270736576374&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT off ebay and i was wondering has anyone use this particular type of henna before and if so what type of red did you get?

Also as this is body quality do you leave it on for a shorter time? the last lot i got i left on for 5-8 hours.

Thanks in advance.

vanity_acefake
July 9th, 2011, 02:44 AM
From my quick read it doesn't seem to say what henna it is (i.e. Jamila).
I have not tried this one so I cannot help you with how well it dyes.
Good luck with it and let us know your results.
:)

bunzfan
July 9th, 2011, 03:04 AM
From my quick read it doesn't seem to say what henna it is (i.e. Jamila).
I have not tried this one so I cannot help you with how well it dyes.
Good luck with it and let us know your results.

Thank you i guess i will still need to do a strand test i have asked the seller what type it is i really want a dark stain. I have medium brown hair and last time i put henna on for 5 hours it didn't really show up that much on my roots, i was after a deep Auburn/burgundy but as i have only hennaed 3 times maybe it needs to be left on all my hair and not just the roots:confused:

vanity_acefake
July 9th, 2011, 03:33 AM
I henna'd with Jamila henna two days ago for the first time and now have the colour I think you are talking about.
I now know why everyone loves it so much. It is by far the nicest, smoothest most easiest henna I have used by far. The colour is lovely.

blueygirls
July 9th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Sadly they don't have Jamila where I live. But if you have it there you should try that brand. Ive heard of mumtaz and Dulhan also, maybe you can try that if this isnt giving you great results. Is shama dulhan good?

bunzfan
July 10th, 2011, 03:13 AM
I henna'd with Jamila henna two days ago for the first time and now have the colour I think you are talking about.
I now know why everyone loves it so much. It is by far the nicest, smoothest most easiest henna I have used by far. The colour is lovely.

Before i couldn't find Jamila cheaply but just after i brought that henna i found some damn, when buying online i take it there is a difference between the red's and blacks as someone posted on henna forum saying they wanted red and they ordered black jamila by mistake:confused:

I was thinking once it turns up i may end up leaving it on overnight on my stand test to see how red it goes i have only used red henna before but had to leave it on for 8 hours and you could only really see the red once it got past my roots.

Generally though i take it you don't need to leave it on for so long?

bunzfan
July 15th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Well i mixed up the henna with just warm water and a splash of lemon juice and i knew it was good stuff it was ready to use within an hour! so i think i got a bargain 200 g for £2.10.

I left it on all night when i CO it out this morning it had been on for 12 hours! the roots and mid lengths are a lovely burgundy type of red the ends a bit lighter. Its so bright right now:cheese: