PDA

View Full Version : Missing My Long Hair... (pics)

meishkamooshka
July 8th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Some of you may know that I did a pretty drastic cut at the beginning of this year and went from approximately lower back length to APL hair! Lately, I've been looking at old pictures of my hair, especially my HIA (hair in action) shots from dancing in my hui or jut messing around with it, and getting incredibly depressed. :wail:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2wnu6ib.jpg

I've gotten even more depressed because braiding my hair just isn't the same anymore! :(

However, I've noticed my little sister has taken a liking to her incredibly luscious and gorgeous long hair, and so I thought I'd share a picture of that (since it's the only hair I bother to braid).

http://i56.tinypic.com/xc28ld.jpg
Pretty, right?

ANYHOW...*sniff sniff* I can't wait for my hair to grow back out again. I guesstimate 2 years for my original length and another year for my goal - CLASSIC!

Maybe I'll post a picture of the growth (or lack thereof) later on; for now, I MOPE! ;_;

But seriously, I'm so excited to be back on the forum. Schoolwork and family drama has kept me away, but I've finally found time to get on. Yay!

l0nd0nbr1dg3
July 8th, 2011, 09:11 PM
it is still nice :)

RitaCeleste
July 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM
It will grow back sooner than you think. It seems like it takes even longer when you're younger. Imagine you're say, oh 37, and wondering if you'll make it to goal before friends and relatives try get you in the salon for the new granny cut! (You know because after 40, you aren't suppose to have long hair). You, on the other hand, have many growing years ahead before you'll ever have to worry about that! lol You have great hair and the care you put in to it really shows no matter what length it is. I love the color too.

Buggheart
July 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
It's absolutely beautiful though! Hang in there, you'll get there.

gretchen_hair
July 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
awwwwwwww, it will grow faster than you realize. Right now time seems to drag on, but before you know it you will be telling yourself *I need a hair cut*! :flower:

Your hair is still lovely and you can grow together with sissy. :)

luthein
July 8th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I'm regrowing my hair too. I had WL+ and chopped it to flip. Now, more than ever, I know that long hair is very important to me. Hang in there! Now you absolutely know what you want.

Joliebaby
July 8th, 2011, 10:45 PM
I'm in the same boat. I just chopped from almost waist to chin, and I miss my long hair!

Your hair was spectacular, but it's still long and beautiful and it will be back super long sooner than you think.

I have a plan to grow 12 inches in the next year :)

spidermom
July 8th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Change is good. Your hair looked gorgeous then, and it looks gorgeous now.

Slinks
July 9th, 2011, 01:00 AM
what they said :-) hang in there ..

Cania
July 9th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Your hair is beautiful in both the before and the after pictures. Just think about how exciting it'll be growing your hair - I always get so bored when I reach a goal, just maintaining!

newbeginning
July 9th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I can totally understand. Your hair is beautiful and will eventually grow back. By the way I'm so jealous how well you did that Dutch braid on your sister.

kyandii
July 9th, 2011, 05:50 AM
It's still absolutely gorgeous! :D

spitfire511
July 9th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Change is good. Your hair looked gorgeous then, and it looks gorgeous now.

This^^!

I think that lovely straight hemline looks wonderful with your hair, and I bet it will be to your goal before you realize it got there. :D

jojo
July 9th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Your hair was and still is beautiful, it looks so thick. Your hair will be back to longer lengths before you know it.

Sunny_side_up
July 9th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Your hair looks beautiful and healthy. You'll get to your desired length before you know it, bet your braid waves still look fab, wonderful pics you put up. Happy growing!:)

ArienEllariel
July 9th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I can imagine your pain... *hugs* It will grow, don't worry. In the meantime, have fun styling your sister's and your hair. I'm sure you can come up with lots of fun updos, braids, etc. in the meantime. :)

Gumball
July 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Welcome back! Your hair is still looking great. It's time to enjoy all the parts of the growth process again, since like you said it will take some time to get back to your original length. Rediscovering what styles you could do at whichever length will be a fun adventure to go through again. It will definitely highlight how far along you're coming on your growth journey. :D

free_hug
July 9th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hey, go for the APL-BSL only updos that you couldn't do anymore with your lower back hair! It's time to enjoy this phase, after all :)

duckhugger
July 9th, 2011, 09:26 AM
you are lucky to still have gorgeous hair though :) some people have no choice but to cut because their hair is unhealthy. it will grow back in no time! I cut mine off into a pixie, so I have a long journey ahead of me as well good luck and happy growing!

honeyblonde
July 9th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Looks beautiful and sooo silky! :flower: