PDA

View Full Version : Glossing/glaze treatments +++

longhairdntcare
July 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before, I searched but didn't find anything..

Do you think these are particularly damaging to hair or okay for someone trying to grow their hair out?

Say something like Frederic Fekkai Salon Glaze ( I know many others make them but just for example)

Any experiences/thoughts on them? Thanks so much!

ellen732
July 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
I think if it's a deposit only color with no peroxide it's okay. I use the Aveda Madder Root red conditioner to add depth to my hennaed hair.

Sundial
July 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I'm not sure if the glaze treatments themselves are harmful but the salon I used to frequent for such treatments would put my hair under a heating device (they called it a steamer).

And I believe that contributed to my 'bubble hair' so I stopped going for it after I read about bubble hair and its causes on LHC. Prior to LHC I used to think it was good for hair because it leaves hair with such shine (and because my stylist sad so and I foolishly believed her) but on hindsight such unbearable heat can't be good for wet hair.

theodora
July 9th, 2011, 04:04 AM
I used to use the John Frieda colour glaze for my hair. Sometimes in the non-coloured one, sometimes in the cold shade for blonde, sometimes the warm shade for blonde. It made my hair really shiny but the results didn't last super long so it had to be used fairly often to maintain.

Alright so that was 5 years ago before I knew better (ie. I had not discovered LHC). Now I realise this product must simply have been loaded with silicones. So if you're a cone lover, go for it, if not, steer clear.

longhairdntcare
July 13th, 2011, 04:47 AM
Thank you everyone!