PDA

View Full Version : Scalp Acne?

LD224
July 8th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hey y'all. I don't post much, but tend to just read and gather info and enjoy all the beautiful hair here.:)
I have been having a problem with scalp acne lately though and was wondering what everyone does when this happens to them?
I know it is probably hormonal (I am newly expecting), but I don't quite know what to do for it.
Lately I've either been using a shampoo bar or CO with Suave, or occasionally (to use it up) Burts Bees sugarbeet shampoo.
I try and stretch to every second or third day washings, and my hair looks good by the third day, its shiny and soft, but my scalp is driving me crazy with the itching and sore spots from the zits.
Sulfates make it worse and so do heavy conditioners, but if I wash my hair every day (sometimes it itches SO bad!), my ends get really dry. My hair isn't long, only 18 inches or so, just brushing my shoulders really, so applying things 'to the ends' tend to be tough, since the roots are so close to the ends...
anyhow, sorry for the novel, any advice you could give would be helpful. I do brush with a BBB and give it a good scritch before I wash with a fine toothed comb, but I try not to touch it if I can, otherwise it greases up more quickly....
can you help an itchy zitty sister out? :rolleyes:

Chiara
July 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I would go and see your doctor about this- especially if it is causing you to be so uncomfortable! Really, when you are pregnant, you want to get things checked out.

In the meantime, if you need to shampoo daily, then maybe do that but make sure you oil your ends beforehand, and try to keep the shampoo off your ends (eg try CWC or apply the shampoo, maybe diluted, to your scalp only with something like an old ketchup bottle).

LD224
July 8th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I am not so worried about what is causing it really. The rest of me is broken out too. ;);) Just wondering if there were something I could wash with that would make it feel better! Anything they prescribed would probably be chemical laden and that I definitely don't want. Any natural suggestions would be lovely.