PDA

View Full Version : Video Tutorials

Pantha
July 8th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I have been tempted since I've learned my camera has a video function (I've only had the camera for around 2.5 years) to start havign a go at some video tutorials and posting them on You Tube.

However, I was unsure if there were any rules associated with such videos especially if I wished to mention the LHC within the text or description, and also because I will probably start off with my take on some simple styles that have probably been done a million times before on You Tube and probably by other members as well if there is some kind of protocol for referencing that people expect etc.

I have searched the forum and articles trying to find if there is anything posted on here relating to this but have not found anything.

In all honesty my video's will probably not be all that good, but I still would really like to have a go, I just don't want to be treading on anybodies toes so to speek. Thanks for reading.

I also hope I have posted this in the right part of the forum, I havent started a thread before.

krissykins
July 8th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Some LHC members who are also YouTubers have mentioned other LHC folks getting mad about using hairstyles they created, so when in doubt, contact the original hairstyle creator, I guess.

Other than that, I don't think there are any rules against mentioning LHC as long as you give credit where credit is due.

Hypnotica
July 9th, 2011, 03:54 AM
As a YT:er myself, I have never ever been mad because someone has done a tut on a hairstyle "created" by me. Most of the things I do is old stuff but with a bit of twist to it. I do think that the Hypno Bun is an original of some sort and that is why I gave it that name.

Fairlight63
July 9th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Looking forward to your tutorials!!!:p

Pantha
July 10th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Thanks, I will probably post on here when I've sorted one out and posted it :D, and hopefully It won't be embarasingly bad.

krissykins
July 11th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I'm excited to see what you produce for us! :cheese:

Madora
July 11th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I'm interested too, Pantha! Good luck!

Pantha
July 13th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all your feedback. For any of you who are interested my You Tube is under the name of "PansPage" I've been trying to load my first tutorial video but the internet is being a bit slow I think so if it doesnt work I'll give it another go at the weekend, if it does work it should be up later on tonight. Any constructive criticism would be greatly recieved. Hopefully this link should work http://www.youtube.com/user/PansPage if not let me know. :)

krissykins
July 13th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Awesome video! Your hair is gorgeous! :thudpile:

This gives me hope for being able to do the cinnamon bun when my hair is much longer. I've always been afraid of outgrowing it shudder:

My only critique is that the lighting is a bit dark.

Keller1128
July 13th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I agree with Krissykins...your hair is beautiful! Nice tutorial. I can't wait until I can do that with my hair.

Pantha
July 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Thanks Krissykins and Keller1128, glad you liked the video.

I arent too sure how to improve the lighting, I noticed it wasnt brilliant myself but that was unfortunatly the best location I could find. I'll see if I can find somewhere better for the next one, or see if theres a way I can bring more light into the room.

Not sure what my next video will be, although I have had a few comments on my sock bun so maybe I'll do one on that. May take me a while though.

KLin
July 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Pantha, thanks for using the two clips in the first go round. My middle seemed to always want to fall out. Now it will be more secure. My hair is only just past waist, but with fairytale ends so my bun is not very thick.

tinti
July 14th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Lovely cinnabun! And pretty flowers, and gorgeus hair :D

Pantha
August 22nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, I'm working on two more video's at the mo.

The one I've nearly finnished and its a type of sock bun I've had compliments on, its not that different from a normal sock bun but I thought I'd have a go anyway. The other is an old 'Celtic' style I learned about when I was at uni, a type of plaited bun but done in a slightly different way to what most people would consider 'normal' and I think it is quite interesting to look into some old styles every once in a while.

I have been and still are quite busy at the moment though so I'm not sure when I'll actually get round to finnishing and posting these video's but when I do I'll post on here too, just in case your interested that is. I was hoping for around one a month but I obviously havent managed that have I.

mathnerd
August 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Great videos so far! :) I really like your red flower pins. They look lovely in your hair! Looking forward to more videos!

DarkSky
August 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Nice vids so far!! I subscribed. Looking forward to more:)

Dragon
August 23rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
I just watched your videos. You have done a great job so far. I found them very easy to understand.

Cowgirl16
August 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Great videos, clear instructions. Your hair is beautiful:flower:

Pantha
August 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Thank you for all of your lovely comments, and also thanks to those that have subscribed, I'm glad you are enjoying my videos.

Pantha
September 16th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Just in case anyone fancies a look I finally got round to uploading my Sock bun with loose rope plait wrap video a couple of days ago. It's the bun I have in my little pic and a few people have asked me about how I do it in the past when I've worn my hair up like this. Enjoy.

I forgot the link, so I'm editing to add it, hopefully this will work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damXhkSf75g

Lostsoule77
September 16th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Looks good! The videos are clear and concise. Once you get it down to where you are comfortable perhaps you can add some music? I always find that to be a tad more entertaining to watch. If not they are still good. :) I can't wait to see your celtic knot one.

mrs_coffee
September 17th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Nice job! I love hair videos, and your hair is stunning.

Pantha
September 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks Lostsoule77 and mrs_coffee, I'll have a go at adding music, I did with the flower pins video but can't remember how I did it. I hadn't really thought of it since I don't talk in it I figured people would probably watch it on mute :D

SusanSt
September 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM
Pantha, I've enjoyed your videos. Keep 'em coming! (and your hair is so beautiful!)

celebriangel
September 23rd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Love your videos! You go at a pace where I can clearly make out what you are doing, and you break it up with good, clear instructions. It looks like it would be nice and easy to learn styles from you :) I like either words or text to help me...not a visual learner. I always translate it into words in my head, E.g when I was learning a four-strand french/dutch, I was thinking "left under, right under, left over right" etc.

Pantha
February 12th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I have just uploaded a new YouTube video, its a variation on a style found on a Dannish Bog Body known as the Elling woman. Its not as pritty as the reall hairstyle which I have worn in the past because I have simplified it to make a good practical and easy to wear all day hairstyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_biroGTJ7A&feature=plcp&context=C3cb1eefUDOEgsToPDskKjS64oXiKD9N5-aCDu_O-W

Check it out and hopefully you'll enjoy it.

Pantha
June 16th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I've been away from LHC for a while, and think its about time that I start showing myself again. Over the past few years I have tried to continue putting together the odd tutorial to put on YouTube. I haven't made many, but have been trying, even filming one whilst working on an away job. I don't know if anyone here has been watching them lately, but my most recent one I have tried adding a voiceover. I am not confident enough to actually show my face as a number of you might have noticed I would rather show the back of my head :) but thought it might make my video a bit more personable, although I'm not sure it has worked very well. Anyway, I just thought I'd let anyone who might want to know that I'm still trying with the tutorial thing.

BTW the link to my latest video is:
http://youtu.be/e7JpzFYSYUY