View Full Version : How do you feel?

wildedove
July 8th, 2011, 02:53 PM
How does your head feel when you comb your hair upside down? For me, it feels awesome!! :D

Lishamatish
July 8th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah I do love it. But then always have to comb again the right way up to de-tangle after flipping my hair over my head.

wildedove
July 8th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah I do love it. But then always have to comb again the right way up to de-tangle after flipping my hair over my head.
Yup. But it's worth it!

seaj
July 8th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I enjoy a good brushing upside down. Feels so nice, especially on my occipital bone.

CareBear
July 8th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I think it's marvelous, except for the part where I flip back over and witness the horror of the tangle monster....sigh

shikara
July 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I NEVER 'flip' my hair after brushing (combing actually) upside down. I gently and carefully comb it into that position initially starting from still bending over. For example, my first pass thru's on the right side will be at an angle just slightly right, then the next ones, more so, etc. I can do this with basically no tangles.

Not only does this feel so good as you all mention, it stimulates the roots - 'push ups' so to speak!!

Madora
July 8th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Ladies...please, for the love of your hair, don't flip it after combing or brushing!

There's an easier, more hair friendly way of taking care of your hair after combing/brushing!

Here's how:

1) While still in the bent position, detangle all hair thoroughly
2) Part your hair from nape to forehead
3) You now have two sections of hair (one on either side)
4) Take your right hand and grasp the end of the hair on the right hand section.
5) Repeat with the left hand
6) Stand erect
7) Gently take your right hand (holding the hair) and place it behind your right shoulder. Release the hair so it falls down your back.
8) Repeat with the left hand
9) Check for any tangles and then style as desired

Flipping/tossing/throwing your hair only creates MORE tangles! The more control you have over your hair, the less tangles you have to detangle!

I learned the hard way never to toss/flip/throw my hair around. The less time needed for detangling means the less possibility for your delicate hair to be damaged.

ALYSSA
July 8th, 2011, 11:18 PM
i dont like to brush my hair upside down my hair tangles too bad and will become a big mess i wish i liked it though :)

Lostsoule77
July 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM
I've only ever brushed my hair upside down if I was doing a high ponytail. Am I missing something?

Ishje
July 9th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Ladies...please, for the love of your hair, don't flip it after combing or brushing!

There's an easier, more hair friendly way of taking care of your hair after combing/brushing!

Here's how:

1) While still in the bent position, detangle all hair thoroughly
2) Part your hair from nape to forehead
3) You now have two sections of hair (one on either side)
4) Take your right hand and grasp the end of the hair on the right hand section.
5) Repeat with the left hand
6) Stand erect
7) Gently take your right hand (holding the hair) and place it behind your right shoulder. Release the hair so it falls down your back.
8) Repeat with the left hand
9) Check for any tangles and then style as desired

Flipping/tossing/throwing your hair only creates MORE tangles! The more control you have over your hair, the less tangles you have to detangle!

I learned the hard way never to toss/flip/throw my hair around. The less time needed for detangling means the less possibility for your delicate hair to be damaged.

that is a great tip! I will remember this ^^
because the tangles are the reason why I never brush my hair upside down anymore.