PDA

View Full Version : Second anniversary

Loreley
July 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Hello! :waving:

My second anniversary is tomorrow. :cheese: First of all, I want to thank you LHC that I could learn so much about hair. :flower:
In the last two years my hair has changed a lot, the most important is that it became a lot healthier. I gained about 6 inches during this time which is not much but I had to trim a lot. My hair was around 41" when I joined, now it's 47". I'm only 3" from my final goal length but I'm not in a hurry. :) I trim every month so my hair is not getting longer. I would love to make the ends thicker before growing to my goal.
Here are some pictures:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4250&pictureid=107385

My braid has become thicker, although I don't have an old pic to compare.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4250&pictureid=107386

I need some help from people who have thick classic+ hair. Bunning became very difficult lately. My hair is too slippery and I doesn't stay up. The cinnamon bun and even the braided bun stopped working. I tried the celtic knot, the simple knot bun and the figure 8 but they were not good.The only bun that holds is the hypno bun but I'm afraid it demages my hair. Could you guys suggest a safe bun which holds? :undecided
I will try shampoo only, maybe that will help a bit. :confused:

CastaDiva
July 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Happy two year anniversary:cheer:Your hair looks absolutely:thud:

Night_Kitten
July 8th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Happy anniversary! :D
Your hair looks amazing, so healthy, shiny and thick :)

I'm nowhere near your thickness and about 6'' shorter, so not sure this applies, but the bun that works best for me is the "lazy wrap bun" held by a stick or a flexy-8, and I also like wearing a folded braid (sometimes I fold in half, and sometimes after folding once I fold in half again) held by a claw-clip or a flexi-8

freckles
July 8th, 2011, 03:42 PM
wow, what beautiful hair!

racrane
July 8th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Your hair is so lovely.

Dina L.
July 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Boldog LHC-szülinapot! :flowers:

Lostsoule77
July 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Your hair looked great even in the first picture. It looks even better now. Just amazing. My hair is only bcl, but I second the lazy wrap bun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9-gLSqnoc I follow this tutorial. It holds even better when braided first. Only 1 stick and it stays all day!

pepperminttea
July 8th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Beautiful hair; happy LHCiversary! :D

The first person who comes to my mind for very thick past classic length hair is Igor. Maybe have a look at the styles on her blog (http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.com/)? :)

celebriangel
July 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM
I would definitely check out Igor's blog. She has knee-length iii hair. I believe one of her favourite styles is a braided nautilus bun.

You hair looks awesome!

Automne
July 8th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Wow!! Your hair looks so thick and beautiful!!:)

Madora
July 8th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Marvelous, healthy, beautiful hair!

As far as buns are concerned, a 2 sectioned cocentric bun is easy to do and holds like a rock with crimped hair pins.

Directions:

1) Thoroughly detangle hair w wide tooth comb
2) Comb all hair back so that it falls down your back
3) Part the hair horizontally, from the top of one ear across to the top of the other ear.

4) Gather the hair above the part as you would for a ponytail but DO NOT use a ponytail holder! Hold it UP, in your hand.

5) Divide the hair into 2 sections. Wrap one section over the other down to the end. Secure w/ hair friendly elastic.

6) Take the twisted hair and coil it in a bun (use your other hand to hold the coiled bun in place. Use hairpins to pin the coil in the 4 directions (north/south/east/west). Tuck in the ends under the coil.

7) Take the remainder of the hair and make sure all tangles are removed.

8) Divide the hair into 2 sections. Wrap one section over the other down to the end. Secure w/ hair friendly elastic

9) Take the twisted hair and coil it AROUND the bun already in place. Pin with hairpins in the 4 directions (use more hairpins if needed). Tuck in the end under the bun.

Voila..a cocentric bun that distributes the weight and is comfortable, and holds like a rock all day long!

You can do this cocentric style with 2 braids in place of the twisted sections...or even with 3 braids.

krissykins
July 8th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Oh. My. Gosh.

It's gorgeous. :thudpile:

Congrats on your anniversary! :D

Slinks
July 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
happy anniversary :-)

Roscata
July 9th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Happy anniversary! I love your hair. :D

Loreley
July 9th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Thank you everyone for the advice and comments! :flower:
I tried the lazy wrap bun today. I bunned my hair and it seemed to be secure but 2 hours later it fell off. :(

ericthegreat
July 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Wow, 2 years pass by so fast! You have wonderfully long, thick natural curls! I also love your color, it has hints of red along with the deep brown.

wvgemini
July 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Woah! Your hair is beautiful! The color is so rich and glossy :) Awesome!

DavidN
July 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Happy 2nd LHC anniversary to you, Loreley, and your hair is outstanding in every way! I cannot get over your thickness!

HairStickler
July 9th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Your hair looks beautiful!

My hair is more slippery and buns fall out when I use the conditioner that comes with hair dye. When I use my regular conditioner, the buns work again. Is there something in your hair routine that might be making it more slippery than usual?

Loreley
July 9th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Your hair looks beautiful!

My hair is more slippery and buns fall out when I use the conditioner that comes with hair dye. When I use my regular conditioner, the buns work again. Is there something in your hair routine that might be making it more slippery than usual?

I don't know... I use a mild sulfate-free kids shampoo and usual cone-free conditioners (GF Triple Nutrition or Garnier Natural with avocado). I oil my hair after washing with coconut oil. But this isn't a new routine for me. :shrug:

HairStickler
July 10th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I have not reached your length and thickness, so this is just a random idea, but is it possible that after you reach a certain point, you need an extra hairstick/hairtoy to bear the load? And to keep thick ends tucked in? I have a vague memory of a video of a woman with floor-length hair using two hairsticks in a Chinese bun instead of one.